Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 20:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006, 11:53 

First. I think this is a very useful forum. Thank You.

Question:
I am about to buy the above mentioned monitor. What bugs me is that, am I able to play for example cod2 with a very low(like 960X600), but still 16:10 resolution with a good imagequality. I know what it looks on my CRT. I am basicly intrested in monitor's ability to handle "under the native"-resolutions. Someone had a photo or something? I want my fps-games smooth. WoW is no problem on 1680x1050.

>> Edit:
Having read forums, it seems that this wouldn't be an issue as long as the aspect ratio is the same as with the native resolution. Am I right?

Need opinions on:
I am an owner of 21" flat CRT. I Thought of using them both at the same time. I have 6800GT with 2 DVIoutputs. My CRT is connected through an vga-adaptor. LCD would be just straight dvi->dvi. Is it possible to have a fullscreen game on the lcd and use alt+tab to swich to another app on the other monitor. Does two monitors slow down my geforce too much to play on the other monitor? What else should I take into consideration?

>> Edit:
http://www.mattbrett.com/archives/2006/01/widescreen-gaming-woes/

It says " Using the DVI connection means you have to run everything at the native resolution"

PostPosted: 01 May 2006, 00:45 

Thats rarther annoying if you have to run everything at native res on that monitor though DVI, but that is only the monitors scaling, your 6800 should be able to scale itself with the drivers. Theres an option in the nv control panel somewhere (sorry i cant point it out, im not running an nv card at the moment).

I dont have experience with that monitor, but generally it wont look as good as at native res, and wont look as good as a CRT. I have a dell 2405, which scales very well, but when your going down to a fairly low res, it really does show, and probably cant contend with a good CRT.