Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 00:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 May 2006, 00:53 

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_patches.htm

And a pretty intensive changelog:

- Fixed an issue with falling through collision in Fort Wooden Hand.
- Fixed issue with remapping controls in French, German, Italian and Spanish versions.
- Fixed issue with crashes on exit.
- Fixed issue with some shadows not lining up.
- Going to jail while equipped with bound armor or weapons no longer crashes the game.
- Fixed issue with bound weapons not dispelling properly after dismounting a horse.
- Fixed issue with player shadow being delayed after fast travel.
- Fixed infinite gold issue on some dead NPCs.
- Fixed issue with disease resistences that made it impossible to contract vampirism under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where occasionally skills would not increase properly after you received an increase in a way other than skill uses like as a quest reward.
- Fixed issue where spells, powers and lesser powers were being improperly resisted when the player cast them on themselves.
- Fixed an issue where creatures and NPCs would not go into combat properly after being hit by a projectile.
- Fixed an issue with duplicating items and unequiping the bow.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed you to sell equipped items to a vendor more than once while on a horse.
- Fixed an issue with items reappearing in dead bodies after saving and reloading.
- Fixed crash when NPC with active light spell on them unloaded from memory.
- New Ultra Low Quality graphic setting available under Launcher options with improved support for low end FX cards (5700 and lower). To use this setting, go to the Launcher, select Options and click Reset to Defaults to allow the auto detect to check your system.
- Implemented SLI-mode optimizations on Nvidia cards, and Crossfire optimizations for ATI cards.

I'm kinda hoping Paddy has nothing better to do than give the SLI optimizations a quick test. how much faster have they made it?

PostPosted: 03 May 2006, 01:19 

No noticeable change here with SLI 7900GTX.

PostPosted: 03 May 2006, 01:42 

:(

PostPosted: 03 May 2006, 03:57 

I'm not installing... I want to keep my item duplication glitch :D
I've actually never run into any of the "issues" this patch fixes so I can't say it would do me any good unless it actually made the game smoother with SLI... But I don't have SLI right yet, so...

PostPosted: 03 May 2006, 06:34 

Well, at least it got my blade skill to raise naturally again... don't ask me how it stopped in the first place, but having to raise it in the console and trying to do so appropriately with the amount of battles I fought was kind of a pain. On the down side, I still crash on exit... oh well it is just beta.

PostPosted: 03 May 2006, 14:34 

And a pretty intensive changelog

You're joking, right? That's a very meagre patch if you ask me, considering how long it's been since release. And this patch isn't even done yet...

Also, it doesn't seem to make any stability or general performance improvements. Oblivion's f***ing buggy if you ask me. A good game, but in need of serious technical polishing.

PostPosted: 03 May 2006, 17:51 
Editors
Editors

I agree - it's not a great deal in the way of updates... but I've not experienced any of the things it 'fixes'... :shock: but that's pretty common, actually... ;)

PostPosted: 03 May 2006, 20:21 
Editors
Editors

- Fixed issue with crashes on exit.

I had that problem everytime I exited Oblivion.
I´m done with Oblivion, would be glad if it came out when I played it.

PostPosted: 03 May 2006, 21:06 

The only problem ive experienced on that list is the crashing on exit, ive seen none of the others, although the unlimited gold bug sounds handy!

I did have one bug where i stole an "unknown item" from someone who was sleeping, i dropped the item, and it turned into a giant box with an "!" in the middle of it, looks like the dev's missed something there!

PostPosted: 04 May 2006, 22:49 
Editors
Editors

Crashing how on exit? Crash to Desktop, or is it bluescreening Windows?

Hm... it's weird that I'm running the game on a technically unsupported OS and I'm having no problems (Windows 2000 isn't listed as supported...)