Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 20:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Titan Quest
PostPosted: 12 May 2006, 05:41 

Titan Quest has proper working widescreen, the demo is available. Pretty good Diablo clone.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2006, 12:11 

Just a confirmation of what we all already knew: the full version of the game (pre-release review copy) works perfectly in 1600x900 and 1680x1050 resolutions. And it is simply great in its simplicity :)

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2006, 14:47 

I haven't played the demo of this yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I hope it's gameplay is as good as its looks! There hasn't been a good hack-n-slash RPG in quite a while...

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2006, 23:12 

If I had a dime for every hour I spent playing Diablo....I'd own Blizzard. :)

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2006, 04:03 

yep good demo. buying it next week

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2006, 11:41 

Confirmed. Also 1440x900 works fine.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2006, 01:33 

I bought the game today and it plays superbly on my widescreen at 1920 x 1200. This game is beautifully rendered, moving through wheat fields and watching the stalks move outta your way is way cool. Shadows, lighting, water effects, and sound are state of the art. This is what you wish Diablo II would have looked like and played like.

The amount of information at your immediate disposal is staggering. You can immediately compare an item you are carrying to an item you just looted. You are shown Damage Per Second, so you can compare weapons. The interface of this game is Magnificent! How could it be any better?

The detail of the weapons and armor is superb. Like I said, this game is everything you wish Diablo II could have been. Its a Dibalo clone, but it has been enhanced in every way. When you hit an enemy with your weapon, it pushes them back or moves them in a rag doll effect way. You feel like you are hitting something, nice touch.

Only thing I dont like is the Camera Angle, camera view is just like Dungeon Seige or Diablo. You cant see in front of you that well, only like 20yds ahead. You want to so bad look ahead to see trouble, but you can only see so far, even when zoomed all the way out. I wish there was a first person view. Would love to go down to ground level and see straight ahead, but you cant. Unless im missing something. You are constantly in this Overhead View just like the Diablo series from Blizzard or the Dungeon Seige game.

Go get this game if you are a fan of Diablo type games. This game is the Next Revolution of this type of game. Been waiting a long time for Diablo slayer to arrive.. this is it. This game is really really good !!!

System specs: Pentium D , 3.0 Ghz Dual Core , 2Gig ram , Nvidia GeForce 7800 single video card

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2006, 12:57 
Editors
Editors

I bought the game today and it plays superbly on my widescreen at 1920 x 1200. This game is beautifully rendered, moving through wheat fields and watching the stalks move outta your way is way cool. Shadows, lighting, water effects, and sound are state of the art. This is what you wish Diablo II would have looked like and played like.

The amount of information at your immediate disposal is staggering. You can immediately compare an item you are carrying to an item you just looted. You are shown Damage Per Second, so you can compare weapons. The interface of this game is Magnificent! How could it be any better?

The detail of the weapons and armor is superb. Like I said, this game is everything you wish Diablo II could have been. Its a Dibalo clone, but it has been enhanced in every way. When you hit an enemy with your weapon, it pushes them back or moves them in a rag doll effect way. You feel like you are hitting something, nice touch.

Only thing I dont like is the Camera Angle, camera view is just like Dungeon Seige or Diablo. You cant see in front of you that well, only like 20yds ahead. You want to so bad look ahead to see trouble, but you can only see so far, even when zoomed all the way out. I wish there was a first person view. Would love to go down to ground level and see straight ahead, but you cant. Unless im missing something. You are constantly in this Overhead View just like the Diablo series from Blizzard or the Dungeon Seige game.

Go get this game if you are a fan of Diablo type games. This game is the Next Revolution of this type of game. Been waiting a long time for Diablo slayer to arrive.. this is it. This game is really really good !!!

System specs: Pentium D , 3.0 Ghz Dual Core , 2Gig ram , Nvidia GeForce 7800 single video card

Sold. I'm all over that this weekend it sounds wicked. I loved Diablo. Man I'm sure going to get this game this weekend.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2006, 17:34 
Editors
Editors

I'm sold too. Just picked it up. (I really need to stop going to the CD section when all I go into Tesco for is some orange juice... :lol:)

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2006, 17:59 
Editors
Editors

This game rocks. If you havent gotten it by now, go pick it up right now! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next