Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 17:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2007, 16:29 

My system runs oblivion at highest settings and 2560 x 1600 perfectly but in Gothic 3 I get bad freezes and FPS sometimes. Anyone else have these issues with gothic 3 and know how to solve them?

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2007, 17:03 

found a solution to this on another board. Apparently gothic 3 has some kind of a memory leak or something like that. Raised my virtual memory from 2k to 4k and it runs perfectly now on highest settings.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2007, 14:53 

I bought the game some time ago and refused to play it seriously ever since. When you light a torch the game stutters like mad, overall performance compared to oblivion is a joke. I did not buy my hardware to get insulted by bad programming. The memory leak is a well known issue, the game should have never been released in a state like this. And a tuned Oblivion (like mine) looks way better than this hardware-hog...

G

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2007, 04:35 

I was very disapointed with the performance at first too but turning up my virtual memory has seemed to fix all the problems. I run at highest settings now and it runs good, you should give it another try. The game definately has some bugs but despite them is still good. I think most of it could be fixed with a patch but this is another example of a game being released unfinished.