Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Sep 2024, 22:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 07:21 

Ive currently got 3 weeks off, no plan, sitting home bored as dog shit.

I have been searching the net for some classis game that would be great to play over this time. However I only have an ATI 9200 to play games with and 2.4ghz P4 plenty of RAM.

I just downloaded SYSTEM SHOCK 2 but found the graphics too painful. I am looking for something along the lines of Dues Ex and around that era too as I only got a shithouse AGP for the mean time.

Any ideas?

I like FPS and ROLEPLAY, and hopefully both rolled into one, hence Deus Ex and System Shock which both have character development.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 08:30 

I was wondering if Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix would work with that AGP card, or maybe Return to Castle Wolfenstein...

Old Command & Conquer games, Jagged Alliance's and Warcraft 2. Hey what about Transport Tycoon Deluxe :lol:

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 09:09 

Thanks for the suggestions.

-I Played Return to Castle Wolfenstein (was awsome)
-C&C I hate "click and build", there all the same.
-Soldier of fortune eh? Is it merely a FPS? Does it have anything to set it aside from the rest?

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 11:54 
Editors
Editors

Hmm PC games that kept me entertained for a long time...

Well Warcaft 3 ^^ even tho its traditionaly a "click & build" game its more vast than the rest of the, and online play is free. once your on battlenet there are an endless amount of custom games that make this like 1000 games in 1. Way way before that Starcraft kept me entertained.

Farcry was hard I never beat it but for the price (was very cheap) and how old the game is... it was amazing.

Oblivion - I never offically finished this one eather because I got hooked on other things but this can keep you busy for all 3 weeks easy on its own. (this may kill your pc with its graphics :P)

Phantasy Star Universe - What I play now, has a good 1 player offline mode (RPG) but then if you get online its a whole other game.

Other than that games I play were mostly the big MMORPGs like FFXI or WOW and id not recomend those to you :P

Small titles like rollercoaster tycoon were fun too, just builidng a theme park and all these crazy rides, make my guest sick and watch them puke all over the place after they get off my crazy rollercoasters :P

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 12:51 

-Soldier of fortune eh? Is it merely a FPS? Does it have anything to set it aside from the rest?

If I remember correctly, it was one of the first FPS games that had possibility to shoot someones leg, head or hand off. I remember when I playd it, shot someone with a shotgun, his hand fell off and the I took a knife and slahed the body to smithereens. It was cool...

:shock: I might be crazy... :cry: Nah, I'm normal! :lol:

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 13:19 

Here's my suggestions:

Ground Control - "sleeper hit" RTS without the boring base building. Graphics are great on low spec system.

Dawn of War - RTS, also looks good on low spec system.

Half Life 2 - looks good on low specs and despite all the flaws of the game, the gravity gun is just soooooo much fun. Plus Alyx is a babe. :P

Ghost Recon - the original. still fun even today.

Doug of North mod for Duke Nukem -- hard to find, but awesome mod... brings a new dimension to the table top dancers scene. :oops: :roll:

Max Payne 1 & 2 - both run on old systems, great graphics, style, and a deep storyline. A personal favourite.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 13:32 

Thanks for all the ideas folks

-Warcraft 3 - played it
-Farcry - done it
-oblivion -ummm I don't think you looked at my vid card ATI9200PCI

-Soldier of fortune sounds good. I might see if I can buy that online.

Any more?

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 13:59 

FRIGGIN AWSOME!

I FOUND IT I FOUND IT!

METAL GEAR SOLID PC version. WOOHOO! For US$6.95 what a friggin bargain!

I got some solid gaming to do now.

I just hope it works!

I'll let you know how it goes.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 14:15 
Editors
Editors

Hey what about Transport Tycoon Deluxe :lol:

BANG ON! I have a leagal copy if anyone wants it...

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 20:10 
Editors
Editors

MGS PC was fantastic! MGS2 PC sucked. ;)

Might I add Hitman: Codename 47, Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, Railroad Tycoon 3, Oni, Homeworld... :)