Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 22:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2006, 22:10 
Founder
Founder

Check it out here, and discuss in this thread.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2006, 02:32 

I'm actually pretty excited about Vanguard, but at the same time extremely reserved because it's assosciated with SOE. Way too many bad experiences with SOE to just be "OH JOY THIS GAME WILL RULE!"

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2006, 07:41 
Editors
Editors

Way too many bad experiences with SOE to just be "OH JOY THIS GAME WILL RULE!"

You must never be "OH JOY THIS GAME WILL RULE!" in the first place. :wink:
It will prevent you from major disappointments :lol:

Anyway, i really like the article iven though this game is totally not my type of game.
I hope we can get more of these interviews in the future since i think they are really interesting. :)

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2006, 19:30 
Founder
Founder

Great job Ibrin! I think its great that we finally got to follow up on this MMO. It seems to have been in development for quite some time and has fallen under the radar for most. I personally have championed it with a bunch of my friends who have been skeptical about it over the last year.

I was a bit disappointed that we couldn't 'conclude' the interview with Brad himself. With all due respect, some of the answers from the folks at Sigil sound a little on the canned PR side. I know b/c I wrote much of the same stuff when I worked in the game industry. :wink:

For instance:

We are making a game that encompasses the freedom to play as you choose. We want people to log into Vanguard and exclaim that they had always wanted a game that did X, and why has no one ever done that before.

I think just about every MMO has claimed that before - the question is will they really deliver?

That aside, its great to see another in-depth, quality MMO being developed. The two biggest things on my mind are 1). Will it be able to make a dent in WOW's supremacy and 2)Will it be able to differentiate itself substantially from MMO's like Everquest 2 (which it bears a striking resemblance to) and D&D Online, who seems to have cornered the market on coop gameplay.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2006, 03:27 

Excellent questions Ibrin. Well thought out and worded. Nothing annoys me more than reviews or interviews with either stupid questions, terrible grammar or worse, BOTH.

I would LOVE to see more of these from other developers. This would help spread the Widescreen Gospel and let the devs know that WS is essential!

Well done!

Another achievement for the WSGF!

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2006, 04:27 
Founder
Founder

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad we were able to get anything back, especially the words from Ryan on coding for widescreen. Now we have proof that it's not hard! :wink:

I'd like to start up a WSGF Guild somewhere, and I think Vanguard may be it (if it delivers). We could all start at the same time, and not already be in established guilds. Though, I'd still certainly play COH/COV and Guild Wars with anyone who wanted to.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2006, 04:30 

If Vanguard can live up to even half of what it's promising (Something most MMOs seem to have trouble doing :P), I think a WSGF guild could be pretty cool.