Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 21:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Crysis leaked
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 18:41 

You probably already know it - fully functional (cracked) Crysis is available on torrent sites and it was downloaded more than 30.000 times (which may change to something like 100.000 till Monday morning). Read about it here :arrow:

[url]http://www.crysis-online.com/forum] (edit - topic deleted)

Crytek admits that it is hard blow for them. I think that Razor1911 cracked the version available for pre-download from EA store. Crysis lacks advanced protection that f.e. Bioshock has and that was difficult to be cracked. Note that there was sold over 1.000.000 copies of Bioshock before its protection was broken.

Crytek is going to unlock the game on November 14th for those who preordered the game (through EA store only?) according to one article that i've read on this topic - so that they can play it earlier than on 16th (official release date).

Please discuss this without linking to torrent sites or talking about downloading or playing the cracked game.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 19:10 

I pre-ordered the game, and even though I could download now and not really be blamed for wanting what I have already purchased, I am going to wait for my lovely copy to arrive in the mail. Gears of War and The Witcher shall keep me entertained until then.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 19:11 

Bioshock cracking took a while but was worth it...any game wihtout mp, is not worth it. Also, if Crysis IS as good as I think it will be, I will buy it.

despite the fact that I'm downloading it now.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14 
Editors
Editors

It's not really news that a game has been cracked and is available to download is it?

And if it is the EA Downloader one, then they should really encrypt it better or something, you don't get this problem with pre-loaded Steam games.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 19:22 

That's probably because Valve are a lot smarter than EA. :D

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 19:22 

yeah I preordered the game as well

Yerli brothers must be really upset at the moment.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 19:38 
Editors
Editors

I preordered the game, so makes little difference to me.

I don't mind discussion about a group cracking the game before release, or whatever... but I'd prefer it if people are gonna do the naughty and download it, that they don't publicly state so on this forum.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 19:42 

They need to release it ASAP.

They are losing money.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 20:18 

Czech prestigious hardware site PCtuning (something like Anandtech) informed about it and the guy said, that from his sources he knows, that most of czech shops have the game in stock now.

It would be nice if they release it earlier, BUT i think, that they will not. Although I've read on InCrysis that some stores may start to sell the game earlier - http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=548

To clarify the unlocking of predownloads on 14th
http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=554

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 21:16 

Good job EA!

First you screw over BF2 players, then you mess up on the demo not once (delay) not twice (delay of another 2 days) but three times (release the wrong demo).

Now you release a game on a predownload system that sucks and now it's cracked and open to the public.

Good job.

<_<

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next