Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Jun 2024, 12:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2007, 00:27 

I just cant catch a break, okay so I installed Diablo 2 on my pc, and everything is fine until I start the game, the ground goes black with patches of it visible and then the game freezes when I leave town, im running vista and my graphics card is a GMA 950 I believe, ive heard of other ppl having issues with the game and this setup, but I havent seen anything about the ground dissapearing, please help.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 10:19 

I'd love to play this biatch again.. And I'd buy the Battle Chest, would I know that it works with Vista x64. Perhaps I'll run it in a vitrual XP Pro 32?

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2007, 17:53 

I have not had this issue.

I played Diablo 2 less than a month ago, it worked right off the bat.
I've even played it on WinXP x64 edition back in the summer, and it ran flawlessly.

The best game ever, probably.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2007, 04:08 

Yea I got Diablo 2 installed on Windows Vista home premium, i got no problems, I can play it fine. But I cannot go higher in resolution than 800 x 600 fullscreen which kind of sucks. Would love to play this game in widescreen at 1920 x 1200

Make sure you download any patches from Blizzard for Vista, can't remember if I did or not

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 22:14 

We got this game for a co-worker who had never played it before (would you believe it?), and have been playing it for the last few weeks or so.

I can verify that it does indeed work with Vista x64.

Sadly, the resolution has not been updated beyond 800x600 and searches on Google reveal that there are hacks to update the resolution but Blizzard can and will ban you for using those hacks.

I just have to deal with the super sized pixels when 800x600 is scaled on a 30".

Game is still fun and IMO a whole new game now that Hell has been properly modified to be a challenge as opposed to the pre-1.10 wash where Hell was as easy as Normal difficulty.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2008, 20:04 

Sadly, the resolution has not been updated beyond 800x600 and searches on Google reveal that there are hacks to update the resolution but Blizzard can and will ban you for using those hacks.

Could you help find one of these hacks? Do they work on single player? This site offers no WS solutions...

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2008, 22:41 

[quote]...

Could you help find one of these hacks? Do they work on single player? This site offers no WS solutions...

There is this one;
http://www.edgeofnowhere.cc/viewtopic.php?t=356897

But it still needs lots of work not to mention widescreen.