Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 20:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 15:30 

Hey guys, I thought I'd share this video I watched yesterday, (over 5 min in length) - it's a showcase for the incredible the work they've done to the X-ray engine for Clear Sky...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35845.html

Also check out this from oblivion-lost.de, their newest media update shows some incredible screen shots:

http://www.oblivion-lost.de/index.php?zone=design2&lang=en

We also have a release date of 29th August 2008 with new packaging details, I can't wait! :D

EDIT: High-res Atmosphere Trailer (source oblivion-lost.de) WARNING: 552MB!:

http://www.luna-s-art.com/webstalker/downloads/videos/Clear_Sky_Atmosphere_HD_Trailer.rar

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 16:56 

I am really looking forward to this game. STALKER was the 2nd best FPS single players i have ever played, after Dues Ex.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 01:09 
Insiders
Insiders

I too, am looking forward to it... i just hope my rig is fast enough for the eye candy. (minus dx10 effects, as i still hate Vsita)

Also hopeful they get widescreen right. I assume they will as they implemented correct FOV in the last Shadow of Chernobyl patches.

so i started to re-shingle my shed today when i notice the previous guy didn't lay down tar paper first.. now i have 100+ rusty-as-hell nails to pull/break off and replace half the roof. God damnit.

Sorry i had to rant about it. Arg.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 01:40 
Editors
Editors

That Clear Sky video looks incredible. I'll have to bump this game higher on my watch list.

Also, for those interested in the original, GG has it for $10 currently (no, I don't work for them, just a happy customer):
http://www.gogamer.com/S-T-A-L-K-E-R-All-PC-Games_stcVVproductId4761313VVcatId444774VVviewprod.htm

Their Madness sale has a bunch of other titles for $5.

GeneralAdmission

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 03:38 

Stalker was bundled with my last video card, didn't care much for it as it's in the 'horror wants to be called science fiction' category.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 07:40 

Stalker was bundled with my last video card, didn't care much for it as it's in the 'horror wants to be called science fiction' category.

Oh damn!!! Had I known it was in THAT category I wouldn't have enjoyed it, I thought it was in the "Sceince Fiction wants to be roll play adventure" catagory. Why didn't someone tell me that before I wasted money on it? Far out.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 12:17 
Editors
Editors

really looking forward to this game too.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 15:27 

mikeh, me too, but I'd even upgrade my GPU for this game! btw, your post made me lol, sorry to hear about your roofing probs :(

mesh, give it another go! it can be tough to start with but it really is in a league of its own :)

hey JohnnyWakko, hopefully they'll add some better online elements and polish the rough edges - I agree probably my 2nd favourite game too, after Tron 2.0, which I loved, but nobody else seemed to like it :(

GeneralAdmission, looks cool eh? I mean the console guys must be pretty jealous hehe hopefully it sells amazingly well and we get ANOTHER Stalker game :D (and it doesn't jump ship and go XBOX exclusive or something)

maherie, woo hoo! so excited! and not long to wait either. remember Shadow of Chernobyl? Jesus that took YEARS of waiting!

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 16:00 

maherie, woo hoo! so excited! and not long to wait either. remember Shadow of Chernobyl? Jesus that took YEARS of waiting!

And they still didn't finish it. Their publisher finally sent someone in who axed over half the game and feature to get it released. Clear Sky is going to have quite a few things that were going to be in the original STALKER. Also, for people completely oblivious to the modding scene, some essentials include better shaders for much better performance:

http://www.thefloatingpoint.org/main/download.php?list.4

And also check the GSC forums for a mod called Priboi Story, it's a complete conversion of STALKER story line, this time you're a military dude 1 year later in the zone. Plenty and plenty of mods to keep you playing for a while!

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 18:40 

And they still didn't finish it. Their publisher finally sent someone in who axed over half the game and feature to get it released. Clear Sky is going to have quite a few things that were going to be in the original STALKER.

Ooh so that's why the ability to drive was axed, I hope they bring it back for Clear Sky! That was one of the most disappointing omissions. Still I never really played the game and felt cheated out or anything, I thought it was just the right length :) What else was taken out, do you remember?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next