Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 16:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009, 14:23 
Editors
Editors

May 2008

July 2009

Amazing how much PC's haven't moved on in a year, isn't it? Pfft.

"PCs are too weak" "Would take $4000 system"... pfft.

The PS2, Wii, PSP and DS seemed to run it OK, didn't they?

It still doesn't change the fact that I want an X-Wing Alliance sequel. ;) :(

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009, 15:10 
Founder
Founder

I played it on Xbox360. I enjoyed it there. Didn't finish, as I got to the frustrating Star Destroyer part. I would be interested in playing it on the PC, especially if it supports Surround.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009, 15:22 
Editors
Editors

Yeah, I did the same on the PS3 - enjoyed it but got annoyed with the Star Destroyer. My cousin completed it while I was out at work one day and said the ending wasn't really worth it.

If it's free of nasty (ie: online activation) DRM, and Games for Windows Live (which I can't stand...) I'll probably buy it on the PC.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009, 15:42 
Administrators
Administrators

I played it on Wii... definatly one of the more fun games on Wii ( next to mario party). I'm not sure I could enjoy it on PC after playing it on Wii. Though TH would be addictive as those dudes on jet packs wouldn't stand a chance this time!

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009, 15:51 

Got it on Wii as well. Great game, even though it is claimed by some that PS3/360 versions are even better (which is quite simply true).

Might consider it if Steam puts it on a good weekend deal. I've little doubt it will be on Steam, with Lucasarts' recent appearance on there.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009, 17:58 
Insiders
Insiders

For me, this is too little, too late. Though chances are I'll probably never buy a Star Wars game or product again until LucasFilm officially retcons the PT (or at least makes a game that is free of its dark influence).

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009, 19:33 

I really enjoyed this on PS3, finished it but nearly went crazy trying to destroy that star destroyer. Probably wont by this on PC now I have finished it.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009, 20:21 
Editors
Editors

Well, now that the Wii version is down to a reasonable price a PC version gets announced. Back to the waiting game....

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009, 21:14 
Editors
Editors

Y'see...? Release games on consoles and those PC gamers who want them will buy them on consoles! So when they release the PC port 'n' years later, the devs/pubs can bitch and whine about 'PC games don't sell'. Bah. Humbug.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009, 22:14 
Editors
Editors

Y'see...? Release games on consoles and those PC gamers who want them will buy them on consoles! So when they release the PC port 'n' years later, the devs/pubs can bitch and whine about 'PC games don't sell'. Bah. Humbug.

Steam, GOG, the Target clearance shelf, and other outlets have already trained me to bide my time and wait for substantial price drops. For me this BS game of platform exclusivity just gives me more reason to put off a purchase.

Congratulations to the game industry. Just like the movie studios that double and triple-dip DVD releases, you've effectively convinced me to delay purchasing your products for years. ;)