Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 15:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 18:54 

Do any gaming studio advertise that they support TH2GO or Eyefinity?

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 21:49 

I know AMD has the AMD Eyefinity Validated and Ready Software certification that can be advertised when games are sold. nVidia has a similar certification called nVidia 3D Vision Ready. Seeing as TH2Go is just a pass-through amplifier that allows you to connect three monitors to one video card, there is no incentive to advertise support for it.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2011, 04:46 

Explicitly, I have not heard any company pushing for it. I know that DICE supports the tech (both Eyefinity and Surround) in their Bad Company 2 game. It is assumed that they will support it in BF3 as well. Criterion Games supported TH2G w/ Burnout Paradise, which naturally translates to support in Eyefinity and Surround resolutions. Their latest, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, also supports this but has HUD placement issue.

Any Source engine game will support both Eyefinity and Surround. The only minor issue is likely to be HUD placement, which is likely to be an inherent flaw in the engine design.

Croteam's Serious Engine 3 supports Eyefinity and Surround. However, this is only from looking at both Serious Sam HD titles that were released. No issue at all, as HUD placement can be adjusted.

Black Box's Need for Speed World supports both, but also suffers from HUD placement issue.

Epic's Unreal Engine 3 games should have no problem supporting the tech, but any issue is dependent on who licensed the engine and how much has been locked down.

Support seems to be growing, but like the transition from 4:3/5:4 square to 16:10/16:9 widescreen, it's taking a while for the devs to properly support the tech.