Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 13 Jul 2024, 05:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 148  Next
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2010, 09:57 
Insiders
Insiders

Hm I see. Ya, i only got it the first time, and it works fine. But in the end, my problem WAS the aspect ratio setting. Perhaps 'Auto' shoved it to 16:9 or something, but using 16:10 pulled the scoreboard back to where it was.

I've become quite accustom to the off-center, stretched menus, but everything can be clicked withotu much trouble. Though I have not tried the fix with COD4 and COD5, so they may benefit more than COD6.

And if you 're to tackle the menus, you have my full support. But the only support i can offer is moral. Or testing.

Anywho, thanks again, Dopefish.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2010, 19:15 
Insiders
Insiders

For some reason I cant get it to work with unreal tournament 3

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 16:08 

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I have WF BETA v2.019.663 and have copied and pasted the various game modules into the various game folders, under 'Setting' I have Hotkey changed to 'Shift' but when I tried COD4 SP (retail) and UT3 and there was no sweetness, I think I've mucked up something but have no idea what. Can someone help me out here? :bowdown Also, can someone point me to where I can find info about how to get Mass Effect (retail) and Mass Effect 2 (Steam) to run with proper FOV in EyeFinity Mode....rather newbie at this... :oops:

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 00:53 
Insiders
Insiders

Those .dlls have to be in the same folder as the fix., not in the individual game folders.

The Mass Effect games do not support any kind of multi-monitor correctly - your stuck with single screen.

See the Mast Games List. Most of those information pages have information on how well that game does with multi-monitor. As well as the Multi-Monitor Gaming section of the forum.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2010, 16:56 

I cannot get the Fixer to do anything in Moder Warfare 2 SP.
It recognizes the game as "running" but no matter which "key" I use it will not engage.

I have a Steam version and the latest Fixer in place.
I'm using Nvidia Surround at 6024 x 1200, 16:10

Any help is appreciated

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010, 13:36 

I cannot get the Fixer to do anything in Moder Warfare 2 SP.
It recognizes the game as "running" but no matter which "key" I use it will not engage.

I have a Steam version and the latest Fixer in place.
I'm using Nvidia Surround at 6024 x 1200, 16:10

Any help is appreciated

Well, I figured it out. Merely a simple error on my part, but not really clear in the use instructions.....
All I had to do was enable the Fixer and select COD:MW2 SP, then select a hotkey from "settings".
Once this was done, minimize the Fixer to the taskbar.
Then start the game and select 6040X1200 from the "ingame resolution".
Then start the game level, hit the hotkey and bingo.

This game looks awesome in Surround. It's like playing the game brand new.

The Fixer is excellent.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010, 21:18 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm sorry about the instructions. The website is in a rather rudimentary state right now.

With the video card from Ibrin & AMD, I've recently started working on a lot of new features for Widescreen Fixer.

There are also a lot of changes to the API in case anyone has started working on plugins for it.

Here's the changes I have currently:
SVN (Unreleased)
[Library.WSF] Reworked the aspect-ratio functions.
[Library.WSF] Added new function GetAspectRatioByteArray().
[Library.Plugin] Plugin interface reworked.
[Library.Plugin] Plugin description field added.
[Library.Plugin] Added new function for updating the displayed value. This will allow the value to be displayed before enabling a plugin.
[Widescreen Fixer] Implemented the changes from Library.Plugin.
[Widescreen Fixer] Added an exception to the FOV Calculator tab if you input an invalid source FOV.
[Widescreen Fixer] Added the ability to set a custom aspect-ratio.
[Game.*] Implemented the changes from Library.Plugin.

And here's a shot of the new custom aspect-ratio setting.

UPDATE:

Here's more changes in addition to the above:
SVN (Unreleased)
[Library.Plugin] Plugins can now set the value title.
[Library.Plugin] Game plugins will no longer load if their API version is old.
[Widescreen Fixer] Dropped BETA from it. I think it's in a stable-enough position right now.
[Widescreen Fixer] Fixed startup crash (I think).
[Widescreen Fixer] Removed default "0" from value.
[Widescreen Fixer] Widescreen Fixer will no longer start up if the Library.*.dll files use an old API version.

I may release this version soon. I just need to finish updating the game plugins to use the new API.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2010, 06:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Alright, I've released a new version with some of the updated game plugins. I'll finish the rest of the plugins some time tomorrow.

For now, if you have any of the games that do work with the new version, feel free to give them a try and let me know how this version works out for you.

2010 October 23
[list]
[*][Library.WSF] Reworked the aspect-ratio functions.[/*:m]
[*][Library.WSF] Added new function GetAspectRatioByteArray().[/*:m]
[*][Library.Plugin] Plugin interface reworked.[/*:m]
[*][Library.Plugin] Plugin description field added (not used yet, though).[/*:m]
[*][Library.Plugin] Added new function for updating the displayed value. This will allow the value to be displayed before enabling a plugin.[/*:m]
[*][Library.Plugin] Plugins can now set the value title.[/*:m]
[*][Library.Plugin] Game plugins will no longer load if their API version is old.[/*:m]
[*][Widescreen Fixer] Implemented the changes from Library.Plugin.[/*:m]
[*][Widescreen Fixer] Added an exception to the FOV Calculator tab if you input an invalid source FOV (prevents crash).[/*:m]
[*][Widescreen Fixer] Added the ability to set a custom aspect-ratio.[/*:m]
[*][Widescreen Fixer] Dropped BETA from it. I think it's in a stable-enough position right now.[/*:m]
[*][Widescreen Fixer] Fixed startup crash (I think).[/*:m]
[*][Widescreen Fixer] Removed default "0" from value.[/*:m]
[*][Widescreen Fixer] Widescreen Fixer will no longer start up if the Library.*.dll files use an old API version.[/*:m]
[*][Game.Battlefield 2] Implemented the changes from Library.Plugin and Library.WSF.[/*:m]
[*][Game.Call of Duty 5 MP] Implemented the changes from Library.Plugin and Library.WSF.[/*:m]
[*][Game.Call of Duty 5 SP] Implemented the changes from Library.Plugin and Library.WSF.[/*:m]
[*][Game.Call of Duty 6 MP] Implemented the changes from Library.Plugin and Library.WSF.[/*:m]
[*][Game.Call of Duty 6 SP] Implemented the changes from Library.Plugin and Library.WSF.[/*:m]
[*][Game.Ghost Recon] Implemented the changes from Library.Plugin and Library.WSF.[/*:m]
[*][Game.Wolfenstein] Implemented the changes from Library.Plugin and Library.WSF.[/*:m][/list:u]

For now you unfortunately have to download the application and game plugins separately. When I finish the rest of the game plugins I'll create an updated package with everything bundled together.

Download here:
http://www.widescreenfixer.org/

Enjoy. :)

For you developers out there, I have put the Wolfenstein plugin source code online. You can dig through it and build your own plugin off of it. If you see anything you'd like changed or implemented for use in development, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Game.Wolfenstein source code

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2010, 12:40 

Thanks alot for the information.

Ihave to say, once I figured out what I wasn't doing, the Fixer worked brilliantly.
The game is like brand new in Surround and runs like a bandit with my GPUs.

I appreciate your hard work. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2010, 18:57 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks. works just fine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 148  Next