Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 03:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 148  Next
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2013, 22:50 
Insiders
Insiders

omega13lives wrote:
One thing I'm not clear on (since I haven't read every post here) is what settings you use if the 3 monitors are not the same size?

Thanks

I will respond for Dopefish. Unfortunately at the moment this option is not available and you cannot change anything in order to specify each monitor individual resolution. It assumes that all monitors use the exact same resolution.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 01:43 

helifax wrote:
omega13lives wrote:
One thing I'm not clear on (since I haven't read every post here) is what settings you use if the 3 monitors are not the same size?

Thanks

I will respond for Dopefish. Unfortunately at the moment this option is not available and you cannot change anything in order to specify each monitor individual resolution. It assumes that all monitors use the exact same resolution.

Ok, does it calculate and display 3 separate windows side-by-side or is it one big space? That is, 3x 1024x768 would be 3072x768 but with my setup it is 3468x768 (including bezel space). So can I set it to one big 3468x768 or what would happen if I chose 1156x768 (3468 / 3)? And in either case does this software allow compensation for bezel? Thanks.

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 01:56 

omega13lives wrote:
teardropmina wrote:
helifax wrote:
The fixes are made for the Steam version of the games ( I haven't tested them on other versions, but I imagine they might not work).

I will fix the TR Underworld plugin. Let me know about the others once you select the correct resolution:)

that might be the problem~ I bought the games when they just came out, and I think there's no steam version back in the days~

I do select the correct resolution, the game launches fine, wf indicates that game is running and fix is applied...but nothing happens in-game~

Hey, I have both Underworld and Anniversary (non-Steam) running in softTH. Try it out or gimme a holler if you need help setting it up. You need the FOV hack for Anniversary.
I have several posts in their forum.

thanks for the heads up, I've never tried softTH. however, as I checked, it will only work with WDDM drivers?? using WDDM driver for my 3D surround setup...that's not something I'll do for just two TR games~~"
also, how do you do FoV hack for TRA?

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 01:59 
Insiders
Insiders

Actually, as long as you are using NVIDIA Surround or AMD Eyefinity, it should get HUD placement directly from the driver.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 03:04 

teardropmina wrote:
thanks for the heads up, I've never tried softTH. however, as I checked, it will only work with WDDM drivers?? using WDDM driver for my 3D surround setup...that's not something I'll do for just two TR games~~"

I don't use any WDDM drivers, I just use the latest driver for my video cards. Works on both Win7 and XP. For the FOV hack I may just have to send it to you because I can't find a download link that is still active. PM me and I'll give you my email. Also, check out the "Air Walk" on my videos on You Tube by me (same user name) and others. Once I learned it, I tried to find everywhere I could use it. You can skip entire sections of levels which really helps for the time trials. (Now I'm going back and playing it without the Air Walk)

PostPosted: 03 May 2013, 09:12 

omega13lives wrote:
teardropmina wrote:

I don't use any WDDM drivers, I just use the latest driver for my video cards. Works on both Win7 and XP. For the FOV hack I may just have to send it to you because I can't find a download link that is still active. PM me and I'll give you my email. Also, check out the "Air Walk" on my videos on You Tube by me (same user name) and others. Once I learned it, I tried to find everywhere I could use it. You can skip entire sections of levels which really helps for the time trials. (Now I'm going back and playing it without the Air Walk)

just one quick question, do I have to disable Nvidia Surround (making three monitors as independent of each other) for SoftTH to work? I've tried the 208aplha, but no configuration file was created after I ran the game.

PostPosted: 03 May 2013, 23:01 

teardropmina wrote:

just one quick question, do I have to disable Nvidia Surround (making three monitors as independent of each other) for SoftTH to work? I've tried the 208aplha, but no configuration file was created after I ran the game.

I'm not 100% certain, and it's probably like the answer I got to most of my questions: try it and find out. Did you put the .dll files in the same folder with the .exe? Do you have DirectX9 installed? Did you run the SoftTh Config Tool.exe? I will check it tonight. I don't recall ever installing DX9 on my Win7 but I do see a d3d9.dll in my Windows/System32 folder. SoftTH has been released for open source but not sure if someone is going to update it for DX10 or 11. I did see another topic here about someone else writing another multi-monitor software too.

PostPosted: 04 May 2013, 03:05 

teardropmina wrote:

Part 2: I can get TRA working fine in 7, but TRU only shows me smoke and fire at the beginning and I can't remember what I did to fix it last time. I have ATI cards and do not use Eyefinity. If you can see the game on all 3 screens with Surround all you need to do is edit the registry for Aspect Ratio. If not, you may need to disable it temporarily to use SoftTH.

Since Steam is selling all 10 TR for a good price I may buy it but I'm not sure if I can use this Widescreen Fixer since I have 1 widescreen monitor and two 4:3, all same height.

Let me know if you get it working or how far you get.

PostPosted: 13 May 2013, 19:08 

I was trying to use this with FarCry 2, but got this error...

Retry does nothing except close and reopen the error window. Ignore crashes the game, and abort closes widescreen fixer.

This error happens as soon as i try to enable the fix ingame.

Any ideas as to what might be the issue?

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013, 01:56 

Getting same problem as 13thmurder, running farcry 2 v 1.03. Tried reinstalling .net framework 4, c++ ect. Seems this problem started with plugin version 2.4 r631. Tried using older farcry 2 plugin versions and widescreen fixer but they just crash the game when activated. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 148  Next