Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 19:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 148  Next
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2011, 01:46 

I dont' know what the problem is, but I can't seem to keep it working--the Widescreenfixer that is. I've had it working from time to time, but then from time to time it just quits. Most recently even the task manager indicated Widescreenfixer was operating etc, the "control screen" whatever thats' called where we select the game we're gonna play etc/number of screens etc-would no longer appear??? So I couldn't use it if I couldn't select a game, and finally I deleted all and redownloaded all. And now it all appears to be there but no matter what hot key I choose it just won't enable the fix in any and all games?

And like I said it was working just fine for a month or so, and now not. No new games/all the same etc.??

Any ideas.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2011, 10:14 
Insiders
Insiders

That's weird, man. I've used it on a few install and different computers, and games, and have never had an issue.

You are using Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, right?

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2011, 18:13 

No update for MW2 yet? :(

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 02:22 

That's weird, man. I've used it on a few install and different computers, and games, and have never had an issue.

You are using Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, right?

Yes-so to speak-I've got the more recent .NET Framework 4.0, and as I recall Dopefish indicated the newer version was just as good etc. But I'll check about doing a repair of existing version etc. and see whatever. Maybe there's been some sort of update or whatever that has someone effected all.??

Thanks

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 04:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Well let's hope so.. For the record, i only have 4.0 "Client" and "Extended" installed.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 04:58 

I did the "repair files etc" on Netframe 4.0 and while I was at it I installed some Win7 updates from a week ago etc that were not necessarily related.. so not sure whatever,..but I redownloaded the Widesreenfixer et al. and it did at first work in COD2 multi(it automatically engaged a 5.33? or aspect ratio--I believe before I even initiated the Hot key etc...?), but when I tried to start the game a second time the fixer wouldn't work?? I have no idea haha. And I haven't been able to get it to work in COD2 multi or any of the other games since.. And that was just a couple hours ago. Its no big deal. I'm just curious. I'm happy playing the games in a single monitor. In fact for some of the "hi twitch" shooters I almost do better with a single screen than the three screens. As I run around etc and move so much its almost a little easier for me to see with just the single screen. Its like for me there's almost to much happening in those side screens and all as I twist and jump etc. Its makes me strain to see all a bit more than I need. But that may just be me. My eyes are not all that great. I'll keep working at it..something with my system for sure..but dont' know what. Oh well. No big deal.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 06:22 

Is the WSF working at the moment? I'm asking because I downloaded .net framework 4.0 as well as win 7, but after extracting the .exe I launch it as administrator and it immediately crashes and windows tell me "Widescreen game fixer has stopped working." Then windows searches for a fix and never finds one. I've tried erasing it from my machine and re-downloading it, but I get the same results. Any one experience this, or have any ideas? I'm trying to use it to fix how awful blackops looks on eyefinity 5760 x 1080 (3x asus vh236 with 2x 6950) display setting.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2011, 16:36 

Anyone else reading this deep into this thread? I'm just trying to find a fix, I still cant get the tool to launch.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 19:56 

So far MW2 SP and CoD4 MP are not working at all, I hope they can be updated soon.

EDIT: Forgot to repatch CoD4 from 1.6 to 1.7, it's working now, but MW2 is still needing repair!

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 17:22 

Anyone else reading this deep into this thread? I'm just trying to find a fix, I still cant get the tool to launch.

Good luck Katalyzt... I've got a similar setup to yours re: WIN7 and .net 4.0 etc and I haven't messed with it lately, but somehow I'm blocking the fixer from working. I don't get the "crash" message etc that you're getting. I just can't get it to function by using the hot key. Its like its all there but just won't "turn on"// ?? etc But, for some reason it does work with COD2 multi player?? But no other games. At one time it worked in all games. And when it works in COD2 its not responding to my using a Hot Key to get it to function etc. actually the WSF sees the COD2MP launch and then automatically adjusts to a useable 3 screen resolution. I don't know what the problem is. I haven't worked at resolving all lately, but many times I uninstalled all--or attempted too--and looked for any WSF files and couldn't find any or shortcuts etc and redownloaded all etc but still just the COD2MP. ?? Does it have to do with download changes in IE9 or? I see that IE9 keeps a record of downloads and such. Wonder if there's a duplicate file of WSF on my machine somewhere and that is causing the problem. I can't find it when I search? but maybe its in a "new" not searchable area of IE9 or?? Just wild speculation haha.
Goodluck Katalyzt , hope you figure it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 148  Next