Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 04:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Alpha Protocol
PostPosted: 24 May 2010, 20:17 

Hey guy's , I'm new here so forgive me if this is posted in the wrong section,but my question is will anyone who's gonna pick up Alpha Protocol [The Espionage Spy RPG made by Obisdian Entertainment the same development team who was behind Star Wars:knights of the old republic 2 and NWN2], it'll be out this week could anyone provide a report of how it performs with multi monitor support etc thanks. (I believe the release dates for it are 25th may for the US and 28th for the UK)

Post subject: Re: Alpha Protocol
PostPosted: 26 May 2010, 10:34 

I plan to get it. But, for U.S. the ship date is June 1. At least that's when I can download the digital version. And, I'll be happy to report on its 3x1 Eyefinity performance.....or lack thereof.....upon getting it installed and playing with it a bit.

~Windows 7 x64 Professional~MSI X58A-GD45~Intel I7-950~6x2 GB DDR3 1600 RAM (Triple Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Done with Vista~XP Pro on the way out, too!~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~

PostPosted: 26 May 2010, 10:44 
Administrators
Administrators

Yer you are in the wrong board, this thread is for fixes for problems in games that don't handle widescreen or surround correctly. You ether want this thread http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3750 or this board http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2010, 16:12 
Editors
Editors

Alpha Protocol is Vert- for me anyway... with cut-off menus and everything :|

4:3

16:10

16:9

48:10

I can't find a way to alter the FOV, but there is an equally interesting and scary variable in DocumentsAlpha ProtocolAPGameConfigAPGame.config:
Code:
EnableEyefinityDisplayMode=True
Setting it to False has no effect for me, of course.
Could this be that this variable is somehow overlooked by the game in aspect ratios lower than 3x 16:9 ? Or does it just works in the GameStop version of the game only ? :?

DyreStraits, does EnableEyefinityDisplayMode=False render your game Vert- or not ?
Can you post the [SystemSettings] section of your APEngine.ini ?
Sorry to bother you, but you may be our only chance to understand what's going on here ;)

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2010, 19:05 

Alpha Protocol is Vert- for me anyway... with cut-off menus and everything :|

Arg. Another game done wrong?!! What is wrong with these game developers. Hope someone finds a work around cause I would eventually like to buy and play this game.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 15:36 

It was obviously based around 16:9, so widescreen users shouldn't worry, only eyefinity and such.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 15:52 

It was obviously based around 16:9, so widescreen users shouldn't worry, only eyefinity and such.

Vert- is Vert-, so yes we should worry about this no matter what screen one runs.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 17:34 

[quote]It was obviously based around 16:9, so widescreen users shouldn't worry, only eyefinity and such.

Vert- is Vert-, so yes we should worry about this no matter what screen one runs.

I'm not really going to get into that tired debate again.