Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 20:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2010, 10:14 

Could someone post a fix here?

The fix I got is not allowed here, but you can try and PM me ;)

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 21:51 

I found where the fov is located int he config file, but i do not know how to change it.

The file is C:Program Files (x86)ActivisionSingularity(TM)RvGameCookedPCCoalesced_INT.bin

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 23:04 

That is not the actual fov value. Just the name of the variable.

EDIT - The stuff past it might be the fov. Do you know the games default fov?

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 23:06 

That is not the actual fov value. Just the name of the variable.

so that value is in there somewhere, and not to be found? :/

i cant play this game with its native fov...it's disgusting, makes me go crazy.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 23:42 

If you don't know what you are actually searching for then yes, it can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. And even if you find it there is no guarantee that you can actually get it to do what you want.

UE3 games have been difficult for this site and others. Search these forums for UE3 games like Gears of War and try out the different methods for using console commands or key bindings to change fov values.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 02:10 

If you don't know what you are actually searching for then yes, it can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. And even if you find it there is no guarantee that you can actually get it to do what you want.

UE3 games have been difficult for this site and others. Search these forums for UE3 games like Gears of War and try out the different methods for using console commands or key bindings to change fov values.

There's no console and you can't bind keys : (no .ini file)

I've tried changing the value of the fov higher and lower, but the game crashes when i change it.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 15:52 

Guys, who found the fov value in the bin. I'm not home to test it, but the exe file contains the hash value of of the coalesced.bin or smth, and it crashes if the values r not the same. maybe someone will try to write the hash of the fov-changed bin in the exe and try it? i'd play the game, if the fov was ok

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 01:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Doesn't adjusting the FOV in U3 games kill zoom functions? Not sure if THIS game has any, but...

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 10:52 

Doesn't adjusting the FOV in U3 games kill zoom functions? Not sure if THIS game has any, but...

It has zoom functions, Sniper rifle etc.. For me the FOV ik OK. Maybe because i have 3x 4:3??

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 22:11 

Guys, who found the fov value in the bin. I'm not home to test it, but the exe file contains the hash value of of the coalesced.bin or smth, and it crashes if the values r not the same. maybe someone will try to write the hash of the fov-changed bin in the exe and try it? i'd play the game, if the fov was ok

To prevend crashing after changing values in the int file, new hash can be generated and injected into the executable. In this topic it says how to do it, but I did not try it myself.

http://forums.dearwandy.com/viewtopic.php?id=30090

EDIT: Just tried, I changed the value after FOV from 90 to 99, no change. Also, based on this page: http://segmentnext.com/2010/06/29/singularity-errors-crashes-freezes-sound-fov-freezes-fix/ I edited the registry (added FieldOfView DWORD with decimal value of 100, but this also did not help.

One useful thing I learned is how to force FSAA on Ati HD 5xx0 - change the name of the executable to UT3.exe or BiAHH.exe and set Catalysy A.I. to "Advanced" - this allowed me to use SuperSampling.
For nVidia you have to use nHancer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next