Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Jun 2024, 02:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Worms Reloaded
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2010, 22:51 
Editors
Editors

Worms Reloaded is out tomorrow!

But for anybody that pre-ordered on steam it came out 24 hours early as a pre-release.

The game does not support ultra wide out of the box. However by changing the resolution values in the Steam/SteamApps/Common/WormsReloaded/Local.cfg file I was able to force 6004x1200 (my bezel compensated eyefinity resolution)

At first it looked like perfect support, centered menus, loading screens centered, also there are tons of easy to modify HUD files to move the HUD around but there is one game breaking issue, it does not seem to render all of the stage at once, it only renders the center monitor and partially past the bezels into the outside monitors. Also the camera can not pan left & right as far now due to the extended view so if you wanted to center the far left part of the stage on the center screen it wont let you.

I have confidence that with some modding of the files and perhaps support from Team 7 that we can get this game working properly in Eyefinity/TripleHead worms should be quite a natural fit for a mutli display setup.

Screen Shots:

Main Welcome Screen

Main Menu

In Game

I can not show the effect of how the stage renders in an image very well, I think I will produce a short video clip for youtube sometime soon to display how it works instead.

Post subject: Re: Worms Reloaded
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2010, 23:25 
Insiders
Insiders

Cool. I tried OLD copies a while ago but they didn't want to co-operate with Win7. And seeing we can get it to run on EF/TH, I think I'll have to pick up a copy.

thanks for the info.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 13:52 

Mine doesn't have a local.cfg :( I see a reference to that file name when I open default.cfg though.

Cooler Master Cosmos II | ASUS X99-Deluxe | Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme S | 5930k @ 4.5GHz | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz | SLI GTX 1080 Ti's | Samsung 960 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD | Corsair AX1500i | 3DMark Fire Strike Ultra - 13,780 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Nvidia Surround® 3 x BenQ XL2735 | Samsung CHG90 Auxiliary Monitor

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 19:17 

Mine doesn't have a local.cfg :( I see a reference to that file name when I open default.cfg though.

Yep same here...

Where is this local.cfg. :)

Want to try this on TH2GO

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 21:51 
Editors
Editors

probably is created when you change one of the in game video options and then save it.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 16:29 
Editors
Editors

Great stuff. I wasn't too excited about this revival, but hey - Hor+ multi-mon and a demo ? Now I'm interested. 8)

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 20:07 

Great stuff. I wasn't too excited about this revival, but hey - Hor+ multi-mon and a demo ? Now I'm interested. 8)

Heathen (with regard to worms :) )... Worms on-line is one of the most awsome experiences. This beats all remakes hands down. :)

Any way, back to thread.

probably is created when you change one of the in game video options and then save it.

Yeah tried that but I could not find it. Gave it another go and there it was. Not sure what happened there.

Here is my 2p of info:

For those on TH2GO (mines oldskool analogue). I had this starting on screen 1.2+1.3 while 1.1 was desktop, so cutting 1/3 of the play screen off.

To fix I changed in Matrox PowerDesk (Running the newer v1.09) >> Desktop Management >> Open program windows 'In display. cell 1.1'

Sweet..

If you want your windows opening, as I do, in center you will have to change back after playing, but that minor annoyance is nothing compared to being able to play Worms in eye candy glory. :)

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 21:29 
Insiders
Insiders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH_IvabnjNw eyefinity3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdUDYjAPLZU eyefinity6

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010, 08:02 
Editors
Editors

hmm any of our pro hackers/moders up for looking into a hack to get TH2G and Eyefinity properly working?

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2010, 17:09 
Editors
Editors

Better ask that on the Multi-Mon forum ;)

The game only detects 5:4, 4:3, 16:10 and 16:9 resolutions. By editing local.cfg you can force it to use all of your screen real estate, which means Hor+ backgrounds and HUD elements that scale to the sides, but the actual level will not be rendered past a 16:9 portion of the display. As far as multi-mon goes, I'd call it nonsupport.

For someone "in the know", finding where the AR setting is stored (game exe?) and override it may help, but that may not be enough to fix the culling issue... :?