Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Sep 2024, 20:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 17:10 

There are still problems with the zoomed things for inventory items, lockpiking and other stuff.

No need to reply, when I read this the following popped into my head:

Does "other stuff" include the zoom-in ability of bows, or is that something else entirely?

Uldred

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 17:15 

I know it will give me headstart, bit it is so much less immersive. Even for simple things like crafting.
The biggest problem I have is that it completely annoys me while playing on a single screen. It just feels so wrong to give a great game like this just one screen when you have three.

Agreed. I've been looking forward to this for a while. EA games such as Deus Ex and Crysis 2 look amazing in Eyefinity. Why can't Bethesda make it work in the future GOTY?
I'm not a programmer or compiler, and I don't understand all the intricacies of code and 'engines'. Is it the engine that is hard to accommodate? Is it the way the game was written? Or is it Bethesda not giving a chit?
I believe IMHO everyone responsible for the 'final' solution should get together and form a Paypal account so that those among us willing to show our appreciation can do more than just SAY 'thanks'.
I've already paid for this experience, and it is NOT complete, therefore those who strive to make this experience complete should be rewarded.

Post subject: Uldred101 wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 17:16 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]There are still problems with the zoomed things for inventory items, lockpiking and other stuff.

No need to reply, when I read this the following popped into my head:

Does "other stuff" include the zoom-in ability of bows, or is that something else entirely?

Uldred

Unfortunately I haven't played the game more than 20 mins:)) I was focusing on getting the known issues fixed...so I don't know about the bow part..

I will try to make a tool that enables you to use the things I managed to create so far...
Maybe Hayden will also post his solution:D that way we will have 2 more or less working solutions!

Best Regards Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

Post subject: It'll be very soon ppl,
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 17:17 
Editors
Editors

It'll be very soon ppl, please keep checking WSGF, when its done you'll be the first getting it.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 17:19 

So Stephani at least says Bethesda is working on it. Different than what the forum guy said. Maybe we've complained enough that they're hearing us out.

Great news, we all know this will most likely take some time before we get an official patch. Hopefully Stephani spoke the truth.
I emailed Bethesda to but my response was quite similar to the other negative one.

Hi,

Unfortunately we do not support the use of more than one monitor. We do apologize for this inconvenience.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 17:24 
Insiders
Insiders

First, I want to say thank you for the great work you're doing. I'm currently using the temporary fix with the menus to the left monitor and it's at least playable. However, I emailed Bethesda and kindly asked 'why did this not get implemented' (though much more winded) and received a reply this morning:

subject: tech_support_us
to:

Hello ,
We are sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing with your game. We are currently working on support for Eyefinity, but as of right now, there is no estimated time for this to be available to players.

Best Regards,
Stephani R.

So Stephani at least says Bethesda is working on it. Different than what the forum guy said. Maybe we've complained enough that they're hearing us out.

Sure would be nice if that is the case. There are currently more ppl playing skyrim on the PC than MW3, which in no small way is saying that there are a lot of PC players for Skyrim. I think what we should do is go to the Bethesda forum and have every one here post on it (same thread of course) so they know that there are more then ever, PC players who want Surround/Eyefinity to work out of the box.

EDIT: I found this one on the forums all ready I will point to WSGF.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1257149-multimonitor-issues/

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 17:32 

Thanks for your HARD work on this issue!! We all appreciate what you do to help us out... I'll donate some $$ if that helps also..

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 17:37 

Rather than keeping posting little bits here, I'm gonna hop in the IRC Chat. I'll post if something significant comes up.
I'm going to start on trying to hack my way around the menu system and create new swf files from scratch.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 17:52 

Oh this is funny.
Their fix to the sound crackling and faint NPC voices:
1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Sound
2. In the Playback tab, right click on Speakers (or whatever has a green tick next to it), then click Properties
3. In the advanced tab on this new window, select 24 bit, 44100Hz (Studio Quality) in the drop down menu

So, what do you do if your computer doesn't have an option that goes that low, downgrade? Between work and other issues, including the menus, I really haven't tried playing it. I think I did work around the sound crackling by switching from surround sound to stereo (handy button on remote) - only now I lose the sense of hearing something coming up behind me.

Not asking for a solution, just pointing out how they seem to think you can just make an adjustment on your computer to solve their errors, rather than them going into their own game and fixing it.

Sad state of the world now.

Uldred

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 18:15 

Helifax did you forgett the attachment?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 302  Next