Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 16:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: c69 wrote:I also tried
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 09:53 

I also tried haydens and in his the menus are centered, and load screens are maybe scaled beter, but you cant read books and there may be other problems. But great job, both of you.

He has yet to release his latest and greatest, the version on the detailed report as of now is only version 0.1 (initial rev). A quick and dirty fix. He posted a few pages ago that he had made some progress, but it was not perfect yet.
Its a work week unfortunately, so hopefully we will see it soon.

Post subject: c69 wrote:Helifax,I just
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 11:01 
Insiders
Insiders

Helifax,
I just tried out your fix and it works great! Thanks very much for putting the work into this.

The +/- thing to read books is functional, and also the map appears to look functional. These are the important things. It looks like you scaled the load screens a bit to look better, and stretched out the normal menus.

I noticed that sometimes, after say reading a book, the esc menu comes up in its original scaling, butwhen closing and opening again it comes up stretched. Normal size is preferable for someone playing with desktop monitors. Is there a way to toggle or revert the load screens and menus back to their normal size without breaking anything else?

I also managed to center the menus, hud. But it breaks more than it fixes. The map is broken, the loading screens are broken (no black background, text is extremly squished, character level bar also). Hayden took the time to fix all of these. There is no point in me trying to do this also:)
When he will release his tool we will have 2 versions so each can use the one he finds the most appealing for him:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 11:33 
Editors
Editors

Helifax's solution added to the game's Detailed Report. :onethumb

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 11:57 
Editors
Editors

Thanks for sharing Azuril.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 12:03 

Hey guys thanks so much to halifax for your fix, im playing with bezels so the items in the menus were caught between monitors. Ive had a tinker with the cheat engine and came up with a solution :)

note I have put my menus on the left screen, but centered my items by finding these addresses. (this doesnt like it when you zoom in/doesnt fix books)

ok so after youve loaded halifax's CT file, add these addresses.

add: 01561070 value: 0 (item pos X)
add: 01561078 value: 0 (item pos Y)
add: 01561138 value: 1059790400 (item zoom) (or possibly camera Z????)

and make sure the 'active' box is ticked on each :)

cheers :D
Az

edit: oops put the wrong value in for item zoom should be good now :)

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 12:14 

Still waiting on Hayden's newer fix mentioned a few days ago with the centered HUD. I wouldn't mind another imperfect "quick and dirty" C++ solution that fixed a little more than the 0.1 version so long as my character can stop being illiterate.

I don't care much for the horizontally-stretched HUD as my bezel-correction causes many things to be hidden behind the monitor bezels. The good thing about the stretched solution though is the map actually scales correctly with the items distributed properly. Is there a way you could have the stretched map but have all the little icons and cursor shrunken horizontally so they come out looking correctly sized and not stretched but they are still distributed correctly across the map?? The map is easily panned so bezels over top of it don't matter as much. The local map would probably have to be centered though.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 12:18 

Thank you so much Helifax for all your hard work. Can't wait to try this once I get home.

On the side, I do have another question regarding the mouse sensitivity. From what I have experienced, the Horizontal seems to have speed up while vertical is fine. I have disabled mouse acceleration in the ini file I found in steam and also my documents. Is there another setting to define the Horizontal speed for the mouse?

Sorry if I am repeating this question if it has already been asked.

Thanks in advice.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 12:47 

Thank you so much Helifax for all your hard work. Can't wait to try this once I get home.

On the side, I do have another question regarding the mouse sensitivity. From what I have experienced, the Horizontal seems to have speed up while vertical is fine. I have disabled mouse acceleration in the ini file I found in steam and also my documents. Is there another setting to define the Horizontal speed for the mouse?

Thanks in advice.

C:UsersUSERDocumentsMy GamesSkyrimSkyrimPrefs.ini

[Controls]
fMouseHeadingSensitivity=0.0300
fMouseHeadingYScale=0.0300
fMouseHeadingXScale=0.0300
fGamepadHeadingSensitivity=1.9000
bAlwaysRunByDefault=1
bInvertYValues=0
bGamePadRumble=0

Make sure fMouseHeadingXScale and fMouseHeadingYScale are the same.

Post subject: kohan69 wrote:SilenTKK8
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 13:01 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Thank you so much Helifax for all your hard work. Can't wait to try this once I get home.

Thanks in advice.

C:UsersUSERDocumentsMy GamesSkyrimSkyrimPrefs.ini

[Controls]
fMouseHeadingSensitivity=0.0300
fMouseHeadingYScale=0.0300
fMouseHeadingXScale=0.0300
fGamepadHeadingSensitivity=1.9000
bAlwaysRunByDefault=1
bInvertYValues=0
bGamePadRumble=0

Make sure fMouseHeadingXScale and fMouseHeadingYScale are the same.

Or if the speed on the vertically seems to high you can try to change it to a lower level...until you get an uniform feel of acceleration both on V and H. Personally I haven't meddled with the H acceleration of the mouse as I am using a controller and haven't see any issues with the controller but it is possible for the acceleration to be tighten together with the scaling aspect...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

Post subject: helifax wrote:Or if the
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 13:17 

Or if the speed on the vertically seems to high you can try to change it to a lower level...until you get an uniform feel of acceleration both on V and H. Personally I haven't meddled with the H acceleration of the mouse as I am using a controller and haven't see any issues with the controller but it is possible for the acceleration to be tighten together with the scaling aspect...

No, you want them to be 1:1 otherwise it will feel awkward. Also, if you don't use the controller, disable it in options, the game will be more responsive it is is disabled.

The controller settings are different altogether, since the sensitivity doesn't work on an XY plane, but on a curved dome

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 302  Next