Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 04:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 17:07 
Insiders
Insiders

If you want later on I can have a look on your PC with a VNC server and see if we can make it work:) But I have no ideea really why is not working properly...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 17:11 

Problems with CheatEngine 6.1?

I had Helifax's solution working last night, but now I can't get it to work -- am having the same problem as others report here "not a valid script". I originally got a pop up with four buttons and chose "yes to all" and it would attach to game when I would run it. Now it does nothign.

CheatEngine appears to load some malware that I uninstalled (it loaded some "startup timer" popup.) Uninstalling this may have influenced functionality of CheatEngine, because it is NOT working now.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 17:19 

i had issues too.
things to try:

first make sure you extracted the files somewhere normal (not in the windows temp folder)

set the program to always run as an admin, you can do this in teh compatibility tab, but make sure you do it for the PROGRAM, and not just the shortcut. So navigate to the programs exe to make the change.
then just double click to open the file, do not open from the app

if that didnt work you may have luck doing this:
open the app as admin but dont load the files.
drag and drop the files onto the app

last resort
try disabling UAC
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/4820/how-to-really-completely-disable-uac-on-windows-7/
(use the slider method, cause you can easily put it back)
*also note that disabling uac can make your system more vulnerable to malicious attacks

one last note, when i first tried this, i opened the file and got an error that it couldnt load. but looking at cheat engine i could see that it did actually load anyway.. you can see the resolution fix and book fix show up in the cheat window. from there i did the drag and drop method and the second time through i received no errors.

Post subject: c69 wrote:Problems with
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 17:20 
Insiders
Insiders

Problems with CheatEngine 6.1?

I had Helifax's solution working last night, but now I can't get it to work -- am having the same problem as others report here "not a valid script". I originally got a pop up with four buttons and chose "yes to all" and it would attach to game when I would run it. Now it does nothign.

CheatEngine appears to load some malware that I uninstalled (it loaded some "startup timer" popup.) Uninstalling this may have influenced functionality of CheatEngine, because it is NOT working now.

I haven't actually looked into what Cheat Engine installs besides CE itself..but on this PC from work I have not "startup timer" (and both Tables are working on this PC). Try uninstalling and reinstalling CE?

Also try to launch the game, ALT+TAB and lunch the table and see if the results are the same.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 17:20 

If you want later on I can have a look on your PC with a VNC server and see if we can make it work:) But I have no ideea really why is not working properly...

I'm willing to try anything at this point. What's odd is that the 1st fix you posted works fine with CE (the one that moves the menu to the left) but neither of the ones recently released works at all.

Post subject: c69 wrote:CheatEngine
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 17:21 

CheatEngine appears to load some malware

there is a checkbox during installation to install some crappy malware BS, you can uncheck it from the installer and the install goes through without it.
if you install With it, then remove, maybe that causes an issue? not sure. try a full un-install and reload it. this time unchecking the box for the "additional software" :P

Post subject: well.. it WAS working.
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 17:24 

well.. it WAS working. goddamnit have to find where i went wrong books broke on it again. :(

trying to fix now

Post subject: oh god.. this is
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 17:38 

oh god.. this is infuriating.

had books working properly for the past 4 hours....... what changed?!?! going to bed over this arghgh.

Post subject: oh god.. this is
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 17:39 

edit:double post delete thanks

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 17:41 

Its working again now, but I noticed one of the "E" prompts to open a door was missing.. I was still able to open the door, the text was just not there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 302  Next