Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 16:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 19:54 

[quote]Hello,

I am a total noob at this.

I have Dual ATI HD 5870's in crossfire (2) configuration. I know that there are no drivers for skyrim from ati yet.

Last night I tried to change the executable to fallout 3 and it didn't work very well. I used the patch for menus and that worked pretty well; however, the performance was really crappy. So I'm wondering, are 2 HD 5870's enough power to get 5760x1200 triple screen action? I mean, it's basically not playable right now at that resolution.

Is there a guide somewhere with all of the steps to use to set this up?

-Myronman

The games doesn't support crossfire at all. People have had to actually remove the 2nd card from their system to get eyefinity working at an acceptable performance level. A few pages back there is a guy with the same problem but he has 2 HD6850s and after removing one card form his system he was able to play the game with much better performance.

Yeah, that was me. I got the game to work with crossfire on a single screen with some tweaks, although scaling was bad.

With eyefinity, the game would hang and stutter, even on the lowest detail. When I removed the second card, that fixed things. Just disabling CF didnt help. I can get 35+ fps with high/ultra settings on 3 1080 monitors with a single 6850. I would recommend disabling/removing one card for now as the game isn't that graphics intensive.

I havent given up however and am trying different things to get crossfire/eyefinity to work. I bought the second 6850 a couple weks ago from newegg and if I cant get CF to work with this title, I will send it back and get a 2GB card and sell my other 6850.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 20:12 

What level of precision can we expect from the Hayden/Halifex fixes?

I have been playing around with both of them. I'm just in the first town with about 2 hours played total. I decided I'm not going to move on with playing the game until the fixes are mostly done.

Both tools have pros/cons.

Haydens tool maintains stock-like menuing (preferred for desktop monitors, imo), but the load screens seem to have been scaled down as a compromise. They show most of the picture, but the text is really compressed. The map looks stock-like. Picking up items, most of the picture is chopped off . Zooming in is broken because the item gets even bigger and you can see less of it. Books can't be read.

Halifex's tool does not do any zooming on load screens, the text is readable, but the pictures are chopped. The start menu is chopped/stretched but functional. Menus are all stretched and functional as long as you are not using bezel compensation. Map looks functional although all the icons are expanded out of scale. THere is a +/- workaround that lets you read books. The skills interface is expanded in an appealing way.

Right now, Halifex's tool is more functional, but less pretty. I've sure both of you guys are continuing to work and I thank you for your efforts. I would use either one without complaint, but I wonder what level of fix will eventually be provided? (I am waiting to play until most issues are fixed.)

Is it possible to decouple the pictures from the text, or will we always have a compromise? If the picture is fully visible, does that mean the text will be tiny/unreadable? Is hayden's current compromise approach, of scaling the load screens down, the best we can hope for?

I hate to be picky, but the game has ALOT of load screens that show items/lore that really adds to the game experience.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 20:13 

Yes, I'm using CE 6.1 and have downloaded the fix several times and still I get no joy. Took some screen so you can see:

Here I've opened CE 6.1 and put the fix in CE and it asks me if want to run it

After clicking "yes to all" I'm greeted by this:

Any ideas?

I just had the same issue. So I took helifax advice and reinstall CE 6.1 and now it is all working. Thanks a million Helifax!!

Post subject: c69 wrote:What level of
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 20:39 

Precision? It's code, so repeatability tends to be very high... Not sure what you mean by that.

I have been here since release day, and read every one of the 740-odd posts in this thread. Please, be thankful to these two guys for putting in all the time fixing and not playing this game so that we may play it ourselves. Instead of busting in with omygodidontknowhowtomakeitgofixitpleez, just check the last few pages and see how it is coming along. Read the detailed report and be happy that it is being presented to you so nicely on this wonderfully active "niche" forum! Great community effort, cheers!

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 20:42 

[quote]What level of precision can we expect from the Hayden/Halifex fixes?

Precision? It's code, so repeatability tends to be very high... Not sure what you mean by that.

I have been here since release day, and read every one of the 740-odd posts in this thread. Please, be thankful to these two guys for putting in all the time fixing and not playing this game so that we may play it ourselves. Instead of busting in with omygodidontknowhowtomakeitgofixitpleez, just check the last few pages and see how it is coming along. Read the detailed report and be happy that it is being presented to you so nicely on this wonderfully active "niche" forum! Great community effort, cheers!

Amen.

Post subject: c69 wrote:What level of
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 20:56 
Editors
Editors

Thats not an easy job to fix what developers havent cared to do, please lets show all our repect to these guys, there are thousands and thousands of lines and addresses that must be checked and tested before a way of fixing one single flaw happens, and fixing one flaw may break another, so getting a final 100% perfect solution, if possible, requires lots of time and persistence, you should ask this to Bethesda, that got your money, what level of precision can you expect from them in a future "maybe "patch that will add perfect multi-monitor support to this game, but not to HaYDeN and helifax, as they are doing 1- whats possible, 2- their best.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 21:06 

as far as im concerned the current helifax fix, while not perfect, has the game 100% playable. i can read what i need, use what menus i need. level up, use map, read books. while its not always "pretty" its completely usable. and im in the regular game way more than in a menu. so i really dont care.
the toggie is a bummer. but at the same time.. it works. nuff said. as far as the looks of the menus and such, and ill take function before fashion any day of the week. if i can get both, awesome! but at this particular moment, i can't. so the game is now playable again :D

and i was with c69 for a while. i had literally jsut Stopped playing cause i was holding out for a fix. but once helifax pushed his most recent and i found out that with some tweaks to the cheat engine files i could get it working for myself. i was set. its Go time skyrim!
all thanks to helifax :D

im sure haydens fix will be uber awesome too, and i might switch over. heres hoping, and i have a fantastic stop gap filler until that time

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 21:14 

You guys misinterpreted my comment. First of all I am a software engineer, so I understand development, just am not familiar with their methods and what level of control they have. I understand that they are making a large time commitment for unpaid work and respect what they are doing.

My question is not to belittle their efforts or gripe, just find out what level of limitations they are dealing with. I would ask the same questions of an engineer on my team to find out what level of confidence he has, how long it will take, how functional it will be.

As I stated, I am waiting to play the game until fixes are made. If the graphics and text are always coupled, then I would not expect mcuh more than what Hayden has provided. IF that is the case, I can forge ahead now with Haydens fix (and use wiki to read books) or use Halifex's solution and just accept that I will not be able to appreciate load screens.

If the text and graphics are not coupled, then a more sophisticated solution may emerge.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 21:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Ok! Since people really want the menus to look nice and etc:)) I will release tonight a new version that has a "key" bind that will make the menus on the center screen. BUT:

-----Centered HUD-----
- CENTERED HUD
- LEVEL-UP menu works
- Inventory works
- Map DOES NOT PROPERLY WORK
- Reading BOOKS (with the SAME warkaround)
- LOADING SCREEN WOKS (even TEXTS)
= Some WORK others DON'T

-----Stretched HUD-----
- STRETCHED HUD (NOT SO NICE)
- LEVEL-UP menu works
- Inventory works
- Map WORKS
- Reading BOOKS (with the SAME warkaround)
= ALL WORK

Like before you will have to toggle between modes. TBH I wanted to do this without toggleing but too many things are broken and need re-fixing only to break something else....So I'm in a loop. This way everyone can have either CENTERED HUD or FULLY Functional STRETCHED HUD:D
Keep an eye on this thread for the release which will come along this evening...

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

Post subject: c69 wrote:You guys
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 21:21 
Insiders
Insiders

You guys misinterpreted my comment. First of all I am a software engineer, so I understand development, just am not familiar with their methods and what level of control they have. I understand that they are making a large time commitment for unpaid work and respect what they are doing.

My question is not to belittle their efforts or gripe, just find out what level of limitations they are dealing with. I would ask the same questions of an engineer on my team to find out what level of confidence he has, how long it will take, how functional it will be.

As I stated, I am waiting to play the game until fixes are made. If the graphics and text are always coupled, then I would not expect mcuh more than what Hayden has provided. IF that is the case, I can forge ahead now with Haydens fix (and use wiki to read books) or use Halifex's solution and just accept that I will not be able to appreciate load screens.

If the text and graphics are not coupled, then a more sophisticated solution may emerge.

Well to be blunt:)) THE DAMN ENGINE WAS MADE FOR SINGLE SCREEN:(( the way the rending is done.. you put an offset here only to find out that the DAMN text in the book is missing...and spend a couple of hours to understand why....which I still don't fully understand how is hanndled..that is why the toggle is there....If I fix the text in books, I begin to have some texture corruption problems... It's a damn vicious circle...
I don't believe they will fix SKyrim for multi mon support anytime soon. Even with the source code I think they need to make some serious changes to the engine...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 302  Next