Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 04:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 11:04 
Insiders
Insiders

ALRIGHT!

i got helifax's fix working.

I couldn't modify it throguh cheatengine, but i figured it out via a text editor.

SO!
My config is for 5760x1200, and the 3 keys are -, + and backspace on the standard keyboard, since I don't have a numpad

if you need to modify it for your resolution, just open it with any text editor and replace all instances of "5760" with your horizontal and all instances of "1200" with your vertical!

here's my version:

http://pastebin.com/iJFUptNF

save it as anything.CT (not anything.CT.txt !)

jsut have the latest cheat engine installed and run it!

thanks again helifax, but fuck cheat engine! (Ollydbg is much more reliable for me, but harder to use)

Yes Cheat Engine is a PAIN IN THE AS* to modify an existing Cheat Table...Somehow it mixes up the changes and can corrupt your table.... I will update the "how-to change your resolution" in the Detailed Report...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

Post subject: kohan69 wrote:ported
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 11:13 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]
@Helifax, I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but the "-" view setting for two-paged books works for me. However, single pages (notes, bounties, etc.) have about 40% of the text spilling off the left side of the paper and not shown. This happens with any Dark Brotherhood assassin's note, for example.

I have also experienced this. left 30% of text is cut off on scrolls.

I haven't actually looked into scrolls:( But I will this evening...

As for the IF STATEMENT part...well is very hard to implement it in assembly especially when you don't have the source code of the game...,. I believe many thing are "returned" when opening a book or a scroll. All I do is manipulating the rendering offset...which breaks the damn hud as you can see it squished to the left...when reading a book.
For scrolls it looks like they are using a different rendering offset...

I will look into it this evening and will try to find a common ground for both books and scrolls:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 11:44 
Editors
Editors

Any idea when or if Hayden still plans to release a fix for this game?

Yes, he was working on it last night, please keep checking WSGF.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 12:54 

I tested the solution from Halifax and Heyden for Skyrim UI with my setting of 6 screens and it works almost perfectly. Only troubles is with the books. It seems the Numpad- key squeeze the menu but not the book display. I use the 5760.CT provided to make all this work and the map works fine. There is another small problem with the dialog selection where they are cut down a little before the end of the line but all in all I can live with that. The books issue is more problematic though. Notably for new recipes, I can't read them at all...

Anyway, thanks for these tweaks and your hard work :)

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 14:39 

so when bethesda releases the full tools suite do you think full UI control will be available, I can work in a toolset and may be able to help build something there

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 15:56 

This game DEMANDs widescreen. It is so much more immersive. I don't want to play it until its fixed up.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 17:29 

helifax,

Thanks so much for your work on the trainer! It works great for me, running @ 3072x768 on an 8800GT with a Triplehead2Go. Hats off to you!

Post subject: Heli .... I have a
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 17:51 

Heli ....

I have a question , triple screen works great on the set up you told me bout ...
But i am running at 1 Fps ? is there a reason why ? ... any other game Runs perfectly on eyefinity and smooth
The only SkyrimPrefs.ini file i have in my system is the one in the steam folder .. once I change it to 5760x 1080 I go to the TESV.exe start the game and its Running like a DOG
all bogged Down.. any advice or help ?

thanks

jayson

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 18:05 
Insiders
Insiders

Heli ....

I have a question , triple screen works great on the set up you told me bout ...
But i am running at 1 Fps ? is there a reason why ? ... any other game Runs perfectly on eyefinity and smooth
The only SkyrimPrefs.ini file i have in my system is the one in the steam folder .. once I change it to 5760x 1080 I go to the TESV.exe start the game and its Running like a DOG

thanks

jayson

This has been confirmed as being a problem with AMD drivers. If you go back a few pages there is all ready a solution posted, go from pg 72 on up, not sure exactly where. This fix has also been said not to work for some WSGF members, so it's hit or miss. Here is where I found out about this being a AMD driver problem:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/11/11/elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_performance_iq_preview/2

Also if your running AA try disabling it. I have SLI going and even with the performance advantage it has over AMD, 8xAA will make my fps drop to teens at best, but when I run 4xAA I manage to run at 45+ fps. This also could be a driver issue with Nvidia or engine, but I'll speculate it's a problem with drivers since it is so drastic.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

Post subject: Kayden wrote:calijayson
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 18:26 

[quote]Heli ....

thanks

jayson

This has been confirmed as being a problem with AMD drivers. If you go back a few pages there is all ready a solution posted, go from pg 72 on up, not sure exactly where. This fix has also been said not to work for some WSGF members, so it's hit or miss. Here is where I found out about this being a AMD driver problem:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/11/11/elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_performance_iq_preview/2

Also if your running AA try disabling it. I have SLI going and even with the performance advantage it has over AMD, 8xAA will make my fps drop to teens at best, but when I run 4xAA I manage to run at 45+ fps. This also could be a driver issue with Nvidia or engine, but I'll speculate it's a problem with drivers since it is so drastic.

I have tried every fix regarding crossfire performance on the web. All recent versions of ccc drivers 11.9, 11.10, 11.11, associated caps, the "shady" driver, the .dll fix, multiple settings in ccc, RadeonPro profiles, and others.. Being very careful to fully clean and use driver sweeper between tests...

I can get crossfire to "work" with a single 1920x1080. The best the fixes provide is to eliminate a hang in the load screen and get around the Ctrl-Alt-Del trick that you have to employ when framerate unexpectedly drops upon changing locale. The problem is that scaling is still very poor. RadeonPro shows both GPUS averaging 50%, sometime a bit higher. In game framerate on ultra ends up being the same as with single card, so its not worth going through all the fixes, just to eliminate the C-A-D fix. Performance sux. And of course, CF eyefinity is completely borked, thats when you get the 1FPS issue.

I am currently running memory tests on both my cards to rule out hardware issues.

Some people report they get CF to work, try this fix or that, but I dont think they realize they are getting such poor scaling with CF.

Only thing to do now is WAIT for AMD to respond with drivers. The community here has done such an amazing job fixing the game itself to work in eyefinity, now just waiting for AMD to fix the drivers so I can get great details and framerate!

I am not aware of anyone stating that they are successfully running crossfire + eyefinity.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 302  Next