Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 16:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: helifax wrote:kohan69
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 18:36 

[quote][quote]
@Helifax, I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but the "-" view setting for two-paged books works for me. However, single pages (notes, bounties, etc.) have about 40% of the text spilling off the left side of the paper and not shown. This happens with any Dark Brotherhood assassin's note, for example.

I have also experienced this. left 30% of text is cut off on scrolls.

I haven't actually looked into scrolls:( But I will this evening...

As for the IF STATEMENT part...well is very hard to implement it in assembly especially when you don't have the source code of the game...,. I believe many thing are "returned" when opening a book or a scroll. All I do is manipulating the rendering offset...which breaks the damn hud as you can see it squished to the left...when reading a book.
For scrolls it looks like they are using a different rendering offset...

I will look into it this evening and will try to find a common ground for both books and scrolls:)

Helifax,
I researched Cheat Engine a bit, wondering if it had a CLI, which I do not think it does. (was hoping to wrap your work in a script!) But it appears that there is a way to customize the interface. It seems possible that once you get the fixes complete that you could provide a way to run CE with a custom Skyrim UI. Perhaps a few checkboxes for various resolutions and an "launch" button. I saw a UI like this for DragonAge II.

This would potentially eliminate all the difficulty users are having interfacing directly with CE.

Post subject: Kayden wrote:Here is a
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 18:38 

Here is a complete package of the standard multi-monitor resolutions. I have only edited helifaxs original file resolutions to make them, no other changes were made. I did this so he could get a well deserved rest, enjoy the fruits of his long labor and to play Skyrim. I did this also for those having issues modifying this, I did as well initially. I have also included a detailed read me on how to properly run this fix, there are NO custom resolutions only standard multi-monitor resolutions.

Files in this package are: !Read ME!.txt, 5760.ct, 5040.ct, 4800.ct, 4320.ct, 4098.ct, 4080.ct, 3840.ct, 3072.ct and 2400.ct.

Thanks for these Kayden. I compared one of yours with my own (modify version of helifaxs), and saw I had three additional lines of code at the beginning??!

I will give this a try later on tonight.

Great community on this forum!

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 19:18 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks for these Kayden. I compared one of yours with my own (modify version of helifaxs), and saw I had three additional lines of code at the beginning??!

I will give this a try later on tonight.

Great community on this forum!

No problem. That additional code was probably causing the Access Violation for me when I used the read book hotkey, with the method helifax outlined in his instructions. I never looked myself to figure it, just so long as it worked. (c;

For any one interested the file was put up under helifax's fix under the Detailed Report.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 19:24 

This newer fix from helifax is pretty good. Just leaving things at the default "centered" configuration (which is greatly preferred):
Map
Good: Map works. Bad: When placing a marker on the map the dialogue is zoomed and the message doesn't display.
Skills:
Good: Centered with text appearing in the right places. Bad: Text is enormous, cuts off the bottom and very often overlaps becoming unreadable. Activating the "left" mode just throws all the text off to the left monitor while the items are in the center monitor.
Magic and Items:
Bad: Menus and items are zoomed. Having yet a 3rd mode just to align these to the left is not ideal.

If the skills, magic and item menus were shrunken and centered this fix would be near perfect. It would only need one toggle for reading books. Multiple toggles becomes convoluted and a hassle to work with.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 19:41 

Heli ....

I have a question , triple screen works great on the set up you told me bout ...
But i am running at 1 Fps ? is there a reason why ? ... any other game Runs perfectly on eyefinity and smooth
The only SkyrimPrefs.ini file i have in my system is the one in the steam folder .. once I change it to 5760x 1080 I go to the TESV.exe start the game and its Running like a DOG
all bogged Down.. any advice or help ?

thanks

jayson

Pretty sure this guy is trolling. One of his posts said he was running a server board with 7x 1TB HD? Plus 2x 6990s? I'm not buying it.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 20:05 
Insiders
Insiders

Just about done....

1 Toggle (for going into map only)

Additionally also the option to keep it spanned, but not blown up... (zero toggles, but spanned as per pic)

Altho personally I rather the minor quirks that accompany the fully centered HUD

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 20:11 

HaYDeN, will your fix work with bezel corrected resolutions such that menus and HUD text won't be drawn in the areas blocked by bezels?

Post subject: HaYDeN wrote:Just about
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 20:18 

Just about done....

Hot damn

Post subject: HaYDeN wrote:Just about
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 20:19 

Just about done....

1 Toggle (for going into map only)

Additionally also the option to keep it spanned, but not blown up... (zero toggles, but spanned as per pic)

Altho personally I rather the minor quirks that accompany the fully centered HUD

Countless thanks to you for what you've done.

Though, I would dare to guess that so many here would be immensely appreciative if you were to release what you have now, and update when perfected... I can hardly imagine a reputation such as yours would be tarnished for such... quite the contrary!

Whatever you decide, thanks again.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 20:20 
Insiders
Insiders

HaYDeN, will your fix work with bezel corrected resolutions such that menus and HUD text won't be drawn in the areas blocked by bezels?

Did the previous fix cause problems? because it shouldn't have, I have tried bezel compensation when some others mentioned it.... worked fine.

So for example for me 5760x1080 (NOT bezel compensated) and 5780x1080 (WITH bezel compensation)... the same still applies, 5760/3 or 5780/3 .. the resolution is not the same when bezel compensated.

Basically.. if it doesn't work.. your not entering the correct details.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 302  Next