Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 04:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: c69 wrote:divertiti
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 04:32 

[quote]First off thanks for all the effort H&H, we really appreciate it. Now I've tried both fixes, however both gives me shadow flickering that's not there one 1 screen. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I get shadow flixkering in eyefinity that I do not get in single screen. I don't attribute this to the fix.
C:UsersUSERDocumentsMy GamesSkyrimSkyrimPrefs.ini

set fShadowDistance to 0 or 1000
set fInteriorShadowDistance to 0

greatly reduces most flickering.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 06:06 

Helifax, thanks for the hard work, I made a donation. Game is working great now and its 10x better in 5760x1080.

I tried adding macro support myself so that it would stretch before going to the map, and center when exiting map, but I wasnt able to get the tool I am using to differentiate between the standard '*' and '/' and the ones on the numpad. That would be icing on the cake, to have it automatically stretch before hitting 'm' and center when hitting tab. Maybe CE can do this?

I have noticed the load screens seem to be going really fast, not sure why. I wonder if there is an .ini option that would let them stay up longer so I could decipher the small text. The load screen text is reallyyy small on a 22" monitor, which you may not have picked up if you are using a larger monitor. But still works great, just need more time to read the text.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 06:29 

Helifax's fix is awesome. Someone noted that the reticle becomes off-centered, but you can fix that by toggling the center/stretched modes; I think it happens when you read a book sometimes. Also, the fix breaks if you read a book and go into a mode that is different from the mode you were in before reading the book, I think. And finally, for me, I'm much more likely to CTD when alt-tabbing in game. Wasn't happening before (no CTDs since LAA fix).

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 07:24 
Insiders
Insiders

I remember from the comments here, that some WSGF members that have either AMD or Nvidia cards, that they are experiencing low fps more so with AMD users than Nvidia. I spotted over at Skyrim Nexus, that Meritus has released a direct x dll replacement for dx9 to improve performance. Now, I wouldn't recommend anything I haven't tried myself and the areas I was experiencing 45fps has now jumped to above 60 on average, there dips but nothing past 37 and I have a few texture enhancements installed. The only thing I don't like is that water is now clear above the surface, I would have preferred that to stay the way it was or it could be something with my FXAA injection, either way I plan to make a comment on the forum about it.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=123#content

Here is a quick description of what he did:

Many peoples asked about this .dll because there is .dll file like this one for F:NV. F:NV have its own d3d9.dll file that improves performance for it. Also F3 have d3d9.dll that improves performance, and Oblivion. However all .dll are for other games, This one is for F3 and this one is for Skyrim.

This works with both Ati and Nvidia. It allows transparency AA so trees and grass will look much better if you have AA turned On. Confirmed by (shuriken200) First .dll works with XFX Radeon HD 5770

I really hope that this can help any one with poor performance. Though it isn't guaranteed to work with all Nvidia GTX series cards, he is looking into it. He does also note that some XFire users have had frequent crashing and suggests this to fix it

- usually crashes with XFIRE possible fix for this - In Xfire go to Tools>options>'game' tab and click on the checkbox "Disable Xfire in game"

Good luck everyone!

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 07:27 
Insiders
Insiders

Just jumped on to say I threw some money in for the cause, hope it keeps the dream alive! Thanks again to all those involved and cant wait until Hayden is done. Helifax love your work, although I cant talk to people with your fix, as I cant see the text box...am I doing something wrong? I must admit it's great being able to read the books and map, but without being able to have conversations its hard.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 07:51 

hey all thanks for the good work,

i tried using the 5040 cheat file and as soon as i alt tab back the game crashes?

i tried finding the direct exe file for skyrim but all i can get is the launcher.

any help much appreciated!

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 08:07 

I updated the CT table so now it allows you to properly read books and scrolls!
The same quick-keys apply:) for toggling between mods!

Best Regard,
Helifax

this is for 5760x1200 using "[, ]", "" keys for centered, stretched and books.
http://pastebin.com/pSCCjCuU

while it fixes the scrolls it seems to slighly break some other things, like main menu text and console are squished in centered but console is fine on the LEFT when stretched, or did i mess some my edit again?
edit: running *.ct file AFTER launching the game seemed to fix it slightly, but main menu is still stretched instead of centered

also there's a new key added:

Code:

<Address>TESV.exe+10A3D58</Address>
         <Hotkeys>
           <Hotkey>
             <Action>Set Value</Action>
             <Keys>
               <Key>111</Key>
   <u><strong>            &lt;Key&gt;91&lt;/Key&gt;</strong></u>
             &lt;/Keys&gt;
             &lt;Value&gt;1740&lt;/Value&gt;
             &lt;Description&gt;CENTER HUD&lt;/Description&gt;

what is the 91 for, is that alt+f10??

Post subject: DasLama69 wrote:hey all
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 08:08 

hey all thanks for the good work,

i tried using the 5040 cheat file and as soon as i alt tab back the game crashes?

i tried finding the direct exe file for skyrim but all i can get is the launcher.

any help much appreciated!

it's TESV.exe right click, compatibility, check run as administrator

also, the game never crashes on alt-tab, it remains black, you just have to alt=tab TWICE every time you alt-tab out.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 08:22 

yeah i know about the double alt-tab and when i do that the game crashes...

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 08:33 

My last save is 4.61mb. Has anyone come across this problem of the game getting unbearably slow after saves reach 5.3mb (each)? I currently have 77 saves, and I'm going to be reach 5.3mb per save very soon.
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F1260142-gamesave-size-limit-lag-and-no-interaction-of-npcs%2F

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 302  Next