Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Sep 2024, 15:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 08:50 

yeah i know about the double alt-tab and when i do that the game crashes...

I have the same problem. When I double alt tab back to the game, it crashes.

I also can't seem to run TESV.exe directly, as it asks for a steam driver, in Admin mode...

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 09:04 

4.4MB HERE will report if i get drastic performance drops. They had 3 years TWO GAMES to fix that game-breaking bug. I have no idea why people buy their shit.

also: Is there a way to make the bowzoom zoom in more? I play on fov 85 and for the stock 60 fov the zoom is fine, but it barely zooms in for the higher fov, is there a way to modify bow zoom fov?

EDIT: FIX FOUND!!!
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=522

Post subject: Skyrim working for me
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 09:53 

I dont have a top of the line computer, but i am running skyrim at 5760x1080 with a single ATI 6950 2gb and running around 30(+-)5fps no problem. The menu fix works alright. It doesnt work when i try to level up or if i wanted to create an alt char, i just leave the game, turn off one of my monitors and play the game at 1920x1080. After i level up, i log out, turn the monitor back on, and log back in and WHAMMO back to eyefinity. If people are having problems getting back into the game after alt-tabbing out, i find it works if i alt-tab back into skyrim 2x in a row, or select it on my main toolbar and then alt-tab back into the game. I want to thank everyone who has put time and effort into getting the menu's to work (at least playable) and hope to get a real fix from bethesda/steam (but not holding my breath)

For those of you with 2x6990...is that really necessary? or are you just rubbing it in that you have $1500 worth of graphics cards? i am playing just fine with a single $250 card (unless 30ish fps isn't playable [is just fine for me])

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 10:06 
Insiders
Insiders

Just jumped on to say I threw some money in for the cause, hope it keeps the dream alive! Thanks again to all those involved and cant wait until Hayden is done. Helifax love your work, although I cant talk to people with your fix, as I cant see the text box...am I doing something wrong? I must admit it's great being able to read the books and map, but without being able to have conversations its hard.

Usually I get to main menu then ALT+TAB to windows. Open the CT table and apply it (hit "YES") than the Texts are OK.
If the menu at some point gets squished in the middle try GOING to Stretch Mode 1st and than to Centered HUD. It should fix it.
I am playing in 3D Surround so for me the reticle is always off in 3D. That is why I use the nvidia Cursor. It is possible for the some things to be broken... When I have a little time I will look into these things:)

Best Regards
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

Post subject: Amon Amarth wrote:So
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 10:49 
I Donated
I Donated

So regarding HaYDeN's fix, was he saying that in order to do things like see the map properly or view items, the HUD and inventory cannot be centered?

Just wanted to know.

Um, so any responses? Not necessarily asking for Hayden's response, I know he's busy...

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 10:57 
Editors
Editors

[quote]So regarding HaYDeN's fix, was he saying that in order to do things like see the map properly or view items, the HUD and inventory cannot be centered?

Just wanted to know.

Um, so any responses? Not necessarily asking for Hayden's response, I know he's busy...

No, you will be able to choose between:

1- One toggle for going into map (only for this) and centered HUD.

OR

2- No toggles and spanned (but not blown up) HUD. ;)

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 12:19 
I Donated
I Donated

[quote][quote]So regarding HaYDeN's fix, was he saying that in order to do things like see the map properly or view items, the HUD and inventory cannot be centered?

Just wanted to know.

OR

Amazing.

Thanks thales!

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 13:53 

[quote][quote]So regarding HaYDeN's fix, was he saying that in order to do things like see the map properly or view items, the HUD and inventory cannot be centered?

Just wanted to know.

OR

option 2 sounds juicy :)

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 15:15 

@Helifax:
Thx to your fix I finally can play it in Eyefinity!
But: One flaw remains... The map is not completely fixed. The problem is, that even in stretched mode, the map will display correctly (Icons stretched, but that's no major problem)... BUT I can't set an custom marker! No matter if stretched or centered HUD... The custom marker will go way off from where I put it.

So my request: Is it possible to have your script in an version with centered HUD (and Book fix) only and toggle it between On and Off? Because the map works just fine out of the box without any fixes and must not be fixed!

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 15:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey I have the fix running but the menu and hud etc are to the left of the middle screen. I take it that it's set at the wrong resolution for me, which is 5760x1080 but when I go to create my own table following the directions it stuffs up?? What am I doing wrong? Can I bother someone to create a table that is 5760x1080?? I'll be you best friend :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 302  Next