Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Sep 2024, 20:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Calsov wrote:Kayden
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 07:04 

[quote]Sorry for the delay, I got stuck doing something, here is what I promised.

Thanks for the link and that was actually pretty fast, my resolution is one of the standards 5760 but still when i load it up everything is shifted left for some reason.

Had the same problem, but when I went to look at a book and then re-centered everything was working correctly.

Post subject: Offset Problem
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 07:07 

Just tried what you said, i'm not sure if the problem is inherited by windows or not, I've seen a similar offset when i've switched between users on the computer. Basiclly everything is scaled correctly but the game thinks the center of my screen is 2 inches to the left of where it should be.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 07:23 

I have this problem using the fix just prior to this one. All I had to do was press / or * and it's fixed.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 08:08 

Just tried what you said, i'm not sure if the problem is inherited by windows or not, I've seen a similar offset when i've switched between users on the computer. Basiclly everything is scaled correctly but the game thinks the center of my screen is 2 inches to the left of where it should be.

sigh... you didn't edit the file with your horizontal resolution, please read thoroughly before posing.

Post subject: DasLama69 wrote:hey
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 08:12 

hey all,

firstly thanks for your efforts much appreciated!

im still having the crash issue though...

• i load up skyrim as an admin and get to the main menu

• i alt-tab out of game, and run the NEW center hud V2 mod (i run at 5040 x 1050 so its modified)

• i alt-tab back in (twice) the screen flickers and then the game closes...

Hello Peeps,

I'm experiencing the same problem but am using the pre-made 3840.CT file from the pack. CTDs when I try to alt-tab back into the game.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this :)

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 08:14 

So I was fiddling around with last version of Halifax fix and as always the recommended settings might work fine for 3 screens display but not really for 6 screens.
To add your custom Resolution open the FILE in NOTEPAD++ and search for 5230 and 1743. The first number replace it with your Eyefinity/Surround Width Resolution. The second number is the resolution of one monitor. For example: 5230/3=1743. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE!!!

So for this I used 5760 to replace 5230 and 3840 to replace 1743, ie the double of one screen size so that it takes in account the double of the height size from the 3 screens display.

It works fine now except for the books which I still can't read at all but everything else is finally scaled just right!!!

Post subject: did you press the B key
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 08:34 

did you press the B key before reading a book?

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 08:51 

I've been playing around with this new one and I can't get my middle screen arrow to be perfectly centered. The aimer always seems to sit 1/3 in from the left on the center screen.

Is there a step I am missing?

I encountered the same problem, managed to fix it though.
You have prob done the same error as i did. There are 2 Skyrimprefs.ini, but in 2 different paths. The resolution in one of them are wrong.
There is one in C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonskyrimSkyrim and another in C:UsersGamingDocumentsMy GamesSkyrim <- This one is the one you want to fix, if i dont remember wrong.
For some reason this one alterd when i defaulted the game setting. Just make sure you have the right resolution set, click save and voila. Your screen should be back to normal.

Let me know if it works :)
Regards -Mandy-

Post subject: Yeah I do press B but it
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 10:14 

did you press the B key before reading a book?

Yeah I do press B but it doesn't work at all. I get a large part of the botton of the book to come splashing on my left screens and a part of the middle screens. I tried B before, B while in the book, resize screen before then B and read the bood and so on. Always the same thing appears. doesn't matter much anyway. I'm just glad I can have a proper UI display in the inventory and the crafting system.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 10:35 
Editors
Editors

Sorry for the delay, I got stuck doing something, here is what I promised.

Very nice, game's Detailed Report was updated with your contribution.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 302  Next