Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 09:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 16:01 
I Donated
I Donated

Each individual menu has its own set of functions, which is why the thing is so frigging hard to fix, you can't just patch one place, you end up patching 10, if you try and patch a common function, then you end up breaking everything else to fix one thing.

No own FOV so to speak tho, it's very similar to the map basically, its an issue with it "registering" the 2D interface/input for the 3D interface -- make 2D correct and you break 3D and vice versa - I assume Helifax's fix had the same problem?

Wait, so the Skills Menu isn't working right? In what way? I actually didn't seem to notice it.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 16:07 

The Skills menu works with WASD and Enter. Much better than blind clicking regions in a stretched screen, IMO.

Enchanting station has key-bind issues. When the menus are used to select item, enchantment, soul gem, then press F to rename item, sometimes I get a total keyboard lockout where only ~ key works for dev console. I need to exit game and reload, and have had trouble naming enchanted items. I can't think of any other issues, it has been a wonderful fix. Near perfect, since I don't feel like I'm losing anything by playing in surround, like Bethesda should have done! In Bethesda's defense, even though the engine is underwhelming (to an extreme), the stories, quests, and maps are great. Those elements have topped Morrowind and Oblivion, even if the engine feels 3 years old.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 16:26 
Insiders
Insiders

I'll release with FOV option, map fixed properly (or as best can be done) and lock picking scaling off.

Skills will still be broken, will have to use keyboard - will be the only known severe issue AFAIK.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 16:44 

Your fix works flawless with german language version.

Can confirm that.

Brilliant fixes@Hayden/Helifax!

Cant remember a thread here which had more than 100 pages within a week. :O

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 16:44 

Seems like in order to get the skills screen working properly, the background has to be stretched, thoughts?

HaYDen, I'd welcome as resolution to the skills tree and if stretching corrects this my opinion is it would be more servicable then its current state.

Thanks again for releasing this fix. It's made the game truly memorable.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 17:21 
Insiders
Insiders

Version 0.4 is now up in the Skyrim Detailed Report

Additional option:

- World FOV: Standard FOV setting, the world, ya know...
- Hands FOV: The FOV for the players hands.

Changes:

- Lock picking scaling is now off.
- Map no longer requires any form of hot key and can be accessed in any way, fast travel should work without any "after effect"
- Menu mouse sensitivity should be normal after accessing the map ONCE during the entire game.

A note about the FOV:

Because the engine is natively HOR+ and scales the FOV, 90 is actually the most accepted FOV - internally it will be scaling out to about 140 @ 5760x1080, a non-native HOR+ engine you would actually need to specify ~140 for 5760x1080

It should be resolution agnostic.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 17:27 

The Skills menu works with WASD and Enter. Much better than blind clicking regions in a stretched screen, IMO.

Enchanting station has key-bind issues. When the menus are used to select item, enchantment, soul gem, then press F to rename item, sometimes I get a total keyboard lockout where only ~ key works for dev console. I need to exit game and reload, and have had trouble naming enchanted items. I can't think of any other issues, it has been a wonderful fix. Near perfect, since I don't feel like I'm losing anything by playing in surround, like Bethesda should have done! In Bethesda's defense, even though the engine is underwhelming (to an extreme), the stories, quests, and maps are great. Those elements have topped Morrowind and Oblivion, even if the engine feels 3 years old.

I read that the "fix" for this is to make sure that you don't hit the delete key beyond the last character you delete in the name.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 17:27 
Editors
Editors

FOV for Hands and for World ? So hand means with weapons and Wold if you press R and put weapons away ?

What happens if you change FOV in console ? changes for both? gonna try it out...

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 17:36 
Insiders
Insiders

FOV for Hands and for World ? So hand means with weapons and Wold if you press R and put weapons away ?

What happens if you change FOV in console ? changes for both? gonna try it out...

The whole point is so that you don't have to change it in the console, and it will persist no matter what - I personally noticed it defaulting on Loading or Quick travel.

You should set it to what you desire it to be, as you would have typed it into the console, the default is 75 for the world and 65 I think for the hands, when you set it in the console, "FOV numf" it will change both hands and world to this setting.

"FOV 90" in the console would be the same as putting 90.0 in both the boxes.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 17:41 

Version 0.4 is now up in the Skyrim Detailed Report

Additional option:

- World FOV: Standard FOV setting, the world, ya know...
- Hands FOV: The FOV for the players hands.

Changes:

- Lock picking scaling is now off.
- Map no longer requires any form of hot key and can be accessed in any way, fast travel should work without any "after effect"
- Menu mouse sensitivity should be normal after accessing the map ONCE during the entire game.

A note about the FOV:

Because the engine is natively HOR+ and scales the FOV, 90 is actually the most accepted FOV - internally it will be scaling out to about 140 @ 5760x1080, a non-native HOR+ engine you would actually need to specify ~140 for 5760x1080

It should be resolution agnostic.

Perhaps I am missing something, but the menus are now appearing at the flanking screens rather than the center one. (5760 x 1080)

The map also moves all over the place when scrolling horizontally.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 302  Next