Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 03:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 20:51 

It's actually not a patch, they just re-released the TESV.exe which is no encrypted with a steam wrapper.

You still can patch the TESV.exe with the flag, but Steam won't start it, it throws an error when trying to launch it.

For those of us who are not coders / techies and are confused...

Is this new "patch" something we can avoid if we choose not to patch, or is it an "auto-patch" type system that will happen whether we like it or not?

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 21:05 
Insiders
Insiders

Still using 0.4A here and that works fine with whatever they changed.

I noticed when I restarted the game "....Skyrim has finished downloading" message... and I'm like OH NO YOU DIDN'T...

So yeah, now the LAA will patch the .exe but afterward the .exe won't launch. If you use the .exe without the LAA patch, it kicks off steam and launcher when it loads and fast travel causes CTD again..

GG Bethesda!

I do have a backup of my original file though so I copied that back in, patched it with LAA again and it runs without kicking off Steam! YAY

I imagine when the game quits it will update again though.

Ahh, nevermind, with the old .exe LAA patched, sure fast travel works but when you go in some building and probably other places you get bright green and purple flashing textures...

hrm... they had to go and break it didn't they...

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 21:06 

These idiots have introduced a patch that encrypts the executable. Now we're fucked because we can't use LAA, which is the only thing that prevents this thing from crashing left and right in triple screen mode.

For those of you that haven't backed up your EXE, make sure you disconnect your network connection before starting Steam so you can back it up before it updates. Also, might want to turn off automatic updating for Skyrim.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 21:18 

ya, already too late. can someone post the old .exe if not it looks like its time to go download a cracked exe. :( although if i have the retail cd's can i pull the .exe off them?

on a final note great work on the fixes guys.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 21:25 
Insiders
Insiders

Like I said above, the old .exe breaks some textures in the game, so there were definitely other things changed as well.

Also, running the new one and not fast traveling, I'm getting the vanilla light purple texture on some inventory items.

And unless someone finds a way to run the .exe with the LAA patch... random crashes for me every 10-30min. Yippie...

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 21:37 

ya, already too late. can someone post the old .exe if not it looks like its time to go download a cracked exe. :( although if i have the retail cd's can i pull the .exe off them?

on a final note great work on the fixes guys.

Here it is:

File name: tesv-b4patch.zip File size: 7.3 MB

eh, not sure if tesv.exe has a 64 bit version (my OS is 32 bit).. give it a shot none-the-less.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 21:45 

It's time to storm Bethesda forums. These people are making our lives harder for what, exactly? It's already on Steam. This does nothing to protect the game. It's not like someone can copy and paste the regular exec to some random directory and play the game. And the game is already cracked I bet, so what's the point of this?

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 22:10 

It's time to storm Bethesda forums. These people are making our lives harder for what, exactly? It's already on Steam. This does nothing to protect the game. It's not like someone can copy and paste the regular exec to some random directory and play the game. And the game is already cracked I bet, so what's the point of this?

Its possibly because people with hacked exes can break the steam achievement system.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 22:31 

ya, this game was actually cracked about 20 min after it was let go on steam. but as far as i know you cant run a cracked game on steam at all but i could be wrong. also yes the original .exe does seem to make the odd textures show up but it was not even that noticeable to me, at least to the point of a little blue texture in one spot Vs crashes and bad slow down.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 22:31 

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Now I'm CTD all over again, and not loving it. I hate having to re-do crap because I haven't hit F5 every ten seconds. I want my LAA patch back! Oh, and my junk is not set to auto-update, but in the time between firing up my PC and reading a few posts here, I checked my .exe and it was modified. Hadn't touched it since last night, so that was the magic of Steam. Hands off my files!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 302  Next