Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Oct 2024, 01:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Where's the 0.7 version?
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 06:34 

Where's the 0.7 version? Sorry, I downloaded the earlier version; but for the life of me, I can't find it; let alone this new version...

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 08:01 

HAYDEN!!!! YOUR AMAZING I OWE YOU A HUGE THANKS FOR FIXING THIS!!!! im so glad to finally have skyrim working on my 3-22" monitors 5040x1050 looks amazing now. as stated though, the map is still screwy but still you should get an award for getting this fixed IDK how you did it or what, but we should take a paypal donation up for u LOL! JK JK but still your awesome! I just wish I could get MW3 working properly with the field of view and all and I'd be set. Anybody have any insight on that or such please let me know! This website rocks! Thanks guys!

Scott

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 09:46 
Insiders
Insiders

1.2 patch caused Hayden's .4a fix to CTD on start of game. reverted back to 1.1 version yesterday and game was playable except for the dragon that wouldn't attack me (I stripped naked and jumped off a tower on fire to get his attention ;) )and in increase in CTD's. Before I would get 1 CTD every 4 hours or so but yesterday I had about 30 in that time....maybe it was where I was in the game(in the heat of battle in Swindlers Cave)?
Quickly tried Hayden's .7-> game boots and runs fine however map is broken now with all of the icons on center monitor and WTF is up with gamepad now? Default config seems to be fine but now my custom config isnt reflected in-game. My only changes are jump button=A, action=B and character/map/inventory=Y

Going back to 1.1. hopefully CTD's will be manageable. Seriously Bethesda you suck...you make a strong case for piracy.

Is it worth updating to new Nvidia drivers?

Yes..Controller support ..is F_CKED........also I noticed dead dragon pop-in out in the sky and falling down like a rock when I enter a new zone (from a city to "Skyrim") and ofc the flying backwards dragons....WTF.....

Also another THING!!!!
if you migrate from 1.1->1.2 SAVEGAMES WORK
if you migrate from 1.2->1.1 SAVEGAMES DO NOT WORK (They are not even seen in the load game menu)...

They managed to break more than they could fix... I am looking for version 1.3 of the game.... Hopefully it will be playable again...as now...waaaaay to many things are simply...broken (Did a clean reinstall of Skyrim)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 11:17 

[quote]Second,.... I occasionally (and at no specific given time in game) CRASH TO DESKTOP (I realize a lot of people have this problem). Many people have mentioned the "4gb fix" and how that helps stop/lessen the CRASH TO DESKTOP problem. How does one go about enabling/utilizing the "4gb fix" or "LAA" as I've also heard it referred to?

Use this tool: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013

Just place the .dll and the .exe in any folder and start the .exe

[h2]For people that have to use the 4GB launcher and still want to use CrossFire and/or other Tools with Auto Detection[/h2]
The 4GB launcher renames the TESV.exe to TESV.exe.4gb, which will make all tools and CrossFire profiles not working. The solution is to use the newest version of the 4GB launcher v1.4 (or higher) and use the following command parameters to start it:
Code:
Skyrim4GB.exe -laaexe .TESV.exe

It is very important, that you do not place the skyrim4gb.exe and the skyrim4gb_helper.dll in the game's directory, cause it would overwrite your original TESV.exe!

I've been trying to get the game stable enough to actually play now all day today. My main problem is constant CTD's - on start, and every five or ten minutes (walking outside or change of scenery mainly causes it I think). I'm pretty sure the 4GB launcher would help a lot but I cannot figure out how to get it to work with HayDen's launcher.

Is it possible to use the two together? If so could you please tell me how that is done. Is HayDen's fix started via command parameter? Or Alt-Tabbing out? When you say place the .dll and the .exe in any folder and start the .exe you are skipping to many steps to make it coherent.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 11:29 
Editors
Editors

Is HayDen's fix started via command parameter? Or Alt-Tabbing out?

HaYDeN's fix is a memory hack m8, just run his app, click on inject patch, and you're ready to launch the game.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 11:37 
Insiders
Insiders

For Falcon1 and others trying to use crossfire and the 4gb fix:

There is another way!

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2182

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 17:50 

Just a status update on my end:
With Hayden's 0.7 and v1.2 skyrim using the 1.4 version of the LAA patch, running 285.79 beta drivers, I'm enjoying a smooth game. I removed all mods (just the face fix package and glowing ore), performed a Steam cache validation and just let it repair itself, then applied the LAA patch, launched UI 0.7, and played for the last couple hours. There are some funny things here and there, like trees in midair and a flashy polygon now and again. I tried the 290.36 driver again, re-downloaded it for integrity, and I still am at a fail state with it. I am guessing, since nobody else has the problem, that it has to do with the driver and my monitors (I run 10-bit CLUT calibrated IPS panels) so maybe that's it. I'll just have to do without ambient occlusion for awhile longer. Probably no much of a loss considering how badly the shadows are degraded in this pseudo-DX10 console port of a game anyway... Anyhow, I have no problems with map scaling, fast travel, inventory, or R and Tab key issues when opening containers like some have reported. 0.7 is just nice! Thanks for saving some of my Friday night plans with your quick answer to Bethesda's ham-handed forced update.

Post subject: Falcon1 wrote:RAGE_Saint
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 18:06 

[quote]Second,.... I occasionally (and at no specific given time in game) CRASH TO DESKTOP (I realize a lot of people have this problem). Many people have mentioned the "4gb fix" and how that helps stop/lessen the CRASH TO DESKTOP problem. How does one go about enabling/utilizing the "4gb fix" or "LAA" as I've also heard it referred to?

Use this tool: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013

Just place the .dll and the .exe in any folder and start the .exe

[h2]For people that have to use the 4GB launcher and still want to use CrossFire and/or other Tools with Auto Detection[/h2]
The 4GB launcher renames the TESV.exe to TESV.exe.4gb, which will make all tools and CrossFire profiles not working. The solution is to use the newest version of the 4GB launcher v1.4 (or higher) and use the following command parameters to start it:
Code:
Skyrim4GB.exe -laaexe .TESV.exe

It is very important, that you do not place the skyrim4gb.exe and the skyrim4gb_helper.dll in the game's directory, cause it would overwrite your original TESV.exe!

I recently tried the 4GB launcher, in conjunction with the ati 4G dll (I would have preferred the command line switches to your launcher, but I am a linux guy and Win7 wouldn't let me attach options to the symbolic link I created to start the launcher.. )

My setup is Skyrim 1.1.21, Radeon 11.11c, Sapphire 6850x2 (1G), AMD x4@3.8

I was initially testing crossfire on a single screen with the 11.11c. It *seemed* like I was getting fps improvement (fraps) in Whiterun on subsequent A/B loads (against crossfire turned off). The problems began when I went to test a 5760x1080 setup. FPS seemed good when facing a certain direction and runnign forward in whiterun, but when changing facing, I was getting severe stutter, which led me to believe it was doing some swapping. Perhaps crossfire requires additional memory of tesv.exe?

So thus I installed the 4G patch and reverted to 1920x1080. The problem I was getting was flashing of the menus and flashing of parts of my character (head). I did not do extensive testing to figure out what else was broken.

Does the latest 4G launcher only work with Skyrim 1.2? Or was I doing something wrong?

I can run skyrim w/o crossfire on "high" (minus AA), and get mid20s-45 in town, 45 outside, and 60 inside. Trying to run CF with eyefinity seems to require the 4GB launcher, and that is not working for me. without artifacts. Its as if only one GPU is rendering menus and certain actors in game, causing them to flash.

The graphics in this game are nothing to write home about, difference between high an ultra is small, I'm starting to think that trying to get CF/eyefinity to work with patches is not worth the time to get the same framerate with just a bit better detail. As I can run on high with one card, I may give up on CF /eyefinity.

Edit: I just did some more testing in 1920x1080. There is 0% crossfire scaling. I can run the game in ultra (high detail shadows), with 30-60fps on a single card. I give up.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 20:40 

Thanks again HaYDeN for the quick fix! My experience with 0.7 is the following: Everything works great except for 2 things.

1. Map is scrunched on middle monitor. (Annoying but still minor)
EDIT - Did some fiddling, using -(minus) to disable before going into the map makes it work right? Found that interesting.

2. Load screens scrunched. (No big deal)

What is odd though is I seem to get slightly different results each time (I'm going to assume its because of not restarting the injector) but overall it works! :)

-Neovalen

p.s. Char creation works great, only thing we can't do is turn the characters head like in single screen but its not important. Thanks so much!

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 21:00 

hrm. i see some mixed results from the latest hayden realease (thanks btw!)
im still on 1.1, i think i might give it a shot tonight when i get home from work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 302  Next