Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Aug 2024, 16:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 15:58 

Not that this will matter much, since hayden is at .8, but as of late last night Ive had to switch from .4A to .4B.

The quest that did it was the one to enter Dushnikh Yal, the Orc 'town'. You have to prove yourself worthy, and go fetch an item (which was right by a dragon). Once I handed the item in, I was made family, and I saw 'Map Updated' in the top left corner of my screen. I checked my map and sure enough, it was all screwed up but .4B now works fine.

Even going back to a previous save will not make it revert to .4A.

This isnt a complaint, .4B works fine, just an FYI. It appears to me the flag that's set when you become family to the orcs and Dushnikh Yal, Mor Khazgur, and Narzulbur are added to the map, thats when .4A became not working.

Thanks for making the game playable on widescreen!

Post subject: Kayden wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 16:28 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Hmm I disabled FXXA in Skyrim Launcher and I still have the weird map:) Somehow for me is not working:)) But as long as I can use -+ is ok:) Still weird....

Huh, my bro who is running a similar rig to mine but still running with two EVGA 580's in SLI and his resolution is 3840x1024 I think. I know he did the same thing I did and his problem went away as well. Your running a 590 right?

Yeah a GTX590 here.. I will do as described above.. Delete my ini files generate new ones and see what happens then:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 19:29 

I was using 4b before with 1.1 and everything worked fine(minus the skill tree menu). Once 1.2 came out I started using .8 and everything seemed to work fine until I started saving. Anytime I would save(quick or regular) the game would crash. So I reloaded and tried to quick travel and I was at the desktop once again. I reverted to 1.1 and 4b and everything is fine. I also tried 1.2 by itself and I still couldn't save, so I'd just revert to 1.1 if I were you. The game was unplayable for me with it.
Does anyone else get squashed perks in the skill menu? The main skills and stars are fine, but the description of each star(perk) in the skill trees doesn't match up with it's "star" and if you click on one, it takes you to a completely different perk. It looks squashed like the map was in .8(if I didn't relaunch .8 before launching Skyrim again).

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 21:43 

I am also having an odd issue with flickering with shadows when ever I sprint. I am curious if any one else is having this issue, both on horse back or on foot, in towns or forest area.

I'm having the same issue with shadows when I sprint. Shadows cast by the sun flicker whenever I sprint - I'm assuming it has something to do with the camera/FOV change...

Also, is it worth getting the v1.2 patch? I get the impression that it causes more problems than it solves...

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 00:24 

[quote]I am also having an odd issue with flickering with shadows when ever I sprint. I am curious if any one else is having this issue, both on horse back or on foot, in towns or forest area.

I'm having the same issue with shadows when I sprint. Shadows cast by the sun flicker whenever I sprint - I'm assuming it has something to do with the camera/FOV change...

Also, is it worth getting the v1.2 patch? I get the impression that it causes more problems than it solves...

I avoided 1.2 based on reports of things being broken and Hayden's prior tool not compatible iwth it. Hayden had his new tool ready in a couple days, and since upgrading both, I've had no in game problems. I'm running vanilla 1.2 with ini tweaks to fix shadow flicker.

1.2 Still doesnt clean up dragon bones in Whiterun, and I have not noticed any pros/cons to it over 1.1. I upggraded in hopes of getting crossfire to work, but it did not help.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 01:40 

Chiming in to confirm what some others have said, the offending problem is the FXAA stuff. (in game FXAA or injFXAA both cause issues)

I can run ENBSeries and Skyrim Enhanced Shaders without affecting HaYDeN's 0.8 release. I'm going to do that for now.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 03:03 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm using FXAA High from the launcher and not having any issues at all. No backward flying dragons so far (7 hours of play, I've see like 5 of them) either.

BF3 also has crazy issues if you start jacking with settings though. If you set them once to what you know works after deleting the prefs.ini and then launch the game performance is good. Haven't tried this with Skyrim but its worth a shot.

Reason I say that is, I haven't touched my settings in the launcher since I initially launched the game v1 retail Steam install.

Try deleting your skyrim.ini & skyrimPrefs.ini, pull up launcher and set the way you want (mine is all maxed 4xAA, 16xAF, FXAA on) launch the game to title screen NOT using 4GB or HaYDeN patches so it recreates the .ini(s), exit game, edit .ini with your resolution and only other change I made was fshadowdistance=3000 cause at Ultra its 8000. Then launch the game with HaYDeN's fix and 4GB launcher if you're using it.

That's what worked for me on Nvidia hw and I haven't and don't jack with settings or mods at all. Haven't changed settings or edited my .ini since I installed.

The game is still in a buggy state, obviously. Using mods right now is only going to frustrate the user in my view cause its just stacking broken on top of broken.

I tried to enable FXAA again but first I ran the game with it off, then I enabled it and the map was working fine, just like the first time so it might have had something to do with my injector, sprinting with the shadows a problem. Then I tried what you said with the ini files and the map worked with fxaa on, then I tried to sprint....unfortunately it was broke as well and it only happens when I sprint. This could be a mod issue since I have heavily modded this game or it can be an issue with ver 1.2, I didn't have a problem before then. I guess I will just have to live with it until a new patch comes out, if it still remains there I will figure out which mod is causing it and get it sorted. There is no point on going on wild goose chase if the problem is with the update. For now I have FXAA back on and I am going to restart and get something to eat, if the problem comes back with the map, then I know it has something to do with drivers with the map. When I did have the problem btw, the hotkeys did nothing for more but move it to the left monitor. Either way I hope to get you more info on this HaYDeN.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 04:35 
Insiders
Insiders

Okay so I decided to just get this done and over with. I did the restart and this is what I came up with.

restart comp + fxaa enabled = broken map
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594703803982257404/73B3798DA616C4FE2DB852D4F052AD5361BDC28B/

leaving fxaa on + ran again = working map
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594703803982279318/5140206BC65D36E06F5831036EC09729D9DE7B00/

This means that it FXAA is indeed the problem as is not being ran correctly for what ever reason, the first time ran. This does not mean that it will not happen again after you see it working once, all this means is that the FXAA is effectively the wild card causing the map problems, it might work for some but not all in every scenario.

TURN FXAA OFF AND REMOVE AND ANY FXAA INJECTORS, IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE MAP!!!!

I plan to just the feature off, there is no improvement to the fps with AA enabled and the post processing isn't something that I have missed. If you do want to keep around just know you may have to restart your game SEVERAL times for the map to work before the next patch, from either HaYDeN or Bethesda....my money is on HaYDeN. 8)

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 16:37 

Thanks Hayden for making my Skyrim GUI's usable on 3 moni's.

Surprisingly, game does and has run great on my older rig (except the 590 is new) regardless of the Skyrim .exe version. Only problem I have is low (20s) FPS in towns/villages at 5670x1200. At 1920x1200 on one monitor no low FPS. Memory use on vid cards via. precision only moves in big chunks based on how much AA I use. All settings on and maxed out.

Precision says my 3rd GPU (GTX480) memory is also being allocated in the same amounts as the 590's memory. Is this true? Do the drivers use the 480's memory as extra as needed?
I have one bug that I know of. After killing the first dragon and absorbing it, the game still reports I have collected zero souls. I can still use shouts though.

Using .8 now no probs as 1.2 broke .4a for me.
beta 290.36

Q6700 at 3.2Ghz, 4GB 1000mhz RAM, X-Fi Elite Pro, 5.1
3x24" SyncMaster 60Hz
GTX590, GTX480

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 21:29 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks Hayden for making my Skyrim GUI's usable on 3 moni's.

Surprisingly, game does and has run great on my older rig (except the 590 is new) regardless of the Skyrim .exe version. Only problem I have is low (20s) FPS in towns/villages at 5670x1200. At 1920x1200 on one monitor no low FPS. Memory use on vid cards via. precision only moves in big chunks based on how much AA I use. All settings on and maxed out.

Precision says my 3rd GPU (GTX480) memory is also being allocated in the same amounts as the 590's memory. Is this true? Do the drivers use the 480's memory as extra as needed?
I have one bug that I know of. After killing the first dragon and absorbing it, the game still reports I have collected zero souls. I can still use shouts though.

Using .8 now no probs as 1.2 broke .4a for me.
beta 290.36

Q6700 at 3.2Ghz, 4GB 1000mhz RAM, X-Fi Elite Pro, 5.1
3x24" SyncMaster 60Hz
GTX590, GTX480

Hmm I think your CPU and the ram is to low for the game...I am using a GTX590 in 3D Surround and get 30-40fps (that means 60-80fps in normal 2D Surround).
For the GTX 480 problem I have no idea. Try to remove it and see if the performance is the same...

Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 302  Next