Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Aug 2024, 12:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 04:30 

This is one of the best, most constructive threads I have ever seen on the internet.

I am waiting for Skyrim mods to be released and maybe I will play some more. My opinion is that the game is seriously imbalanced. Beyond level 25 or so there is only a vague sense of progression and accomplishment. What I would like them to do is "throttle" progression. The cost in gold of mid-level items really needs to be raised. For high level items they should use special ingredients for craftables, like Daedra hearts were for the Daedra armor. There should be a limited set of these unique craftables ingame. Its just stupid that Dragon armor is so easy to obtain, and power leveling smithing, with no other gold sinks makes obtaining high level items trivial. I really wish questing in dungeons, that world drops were an important part of progression.

The combat system is workable, but they need to come up with a solution to potting. You can win any fight with enough health and stamina pots. Time should not stop completely when drinking, or the act of drinking a potion should take time, so you cant chain pot without consequences.

Difficulty scaling works well in some ways but also contributes to the vague sense of progression.

I don't think this is even close to goty, but it is a very good game. It lacks depth. Thankfully, eyefinity with hayden's fix really augments the game's strength which is exploration through scenic vistas. Eyefinity really enhances immersion and is the only reason to play this game.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 09:50 

+ Skyrim process found...
+ Process opened successfully!
# Image: c:program files (x86)steamsteamappscommonskyrimTESV.exe
# Version: 1.3.10.0
! This version is not supported, Terminating.
# Supporting: 1.1.21.0, 1.2.12.0, 1.3.7.0
any chance on a newer version i have disabled steam up dates as of today |

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 10:07 

Thanks for the exe, I rolled back to older version [something like 11/24], but I couldn't click books' menus and such. Thanks!

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 10:10 
Editors
Editors

[quote]I bet these people are driving Hayden nuts with all the updates, esp since its small stuff and things that should have been right out of the box in the first place.

Maybe forgive them if they just fix eyefinity for themselves (also hayden's fix still messed up skill tree for me, is there a hotkey or something I am missing to get around this or any way to navigate w/ keyboard?)

You should be able to navigate the skill tree using WASD and enter

For me A&D work but S just exits the tree and cant recall if W works or not so I cant navigate around or actually pick any skills.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 10:23 
Administrators
Administrators

For me A&D work but S just exits the tree and cant recall if W works or not so I cant navigate around or actually pick any skills.

If your on the bottom branch of the tree then S will exit, W will take you up the currently selected tree.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 11:24 

Can someone maybe provide the "old" 1.3 .exe? I forgot to backup mine and can't play anymore with the patched one, as it does not work with Hayden's fix anymore :(

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 11:28 
Editors
Editors

Can someone maybe provide the "old" 1.3 .exe? I forgot to backup mine and can't play anymore with the patched one, as it does not work with Hayden's fix anymore :(

Please check page 186, post #1853 by helifax.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 14:23 
Insiders
Insiders

0.91 Supporting the latest update from Bethesda is up, Get it from the detailed report...

Skyrim Detailed Report

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: Prompt as ever! Thanks
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 16:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Prompt as ever! Thanks Hayden!!!

In the future I will update the CT tables as well... Sucky that I don't have the original 1.0 version of the game so I can search after op-codes to update my tables:(

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 16:11 

is it a known problem for the map markers to be all messed up for HaYDeN's solution? Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 ... 302  Next