Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Aug 2024, 14:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011, 19:54 

I can run the fix just fine as long as I run no other mods that mess with the executable.

I've heard there are people out there running quite a few mods with Hayden's fix. Hopefully one of you can help me :).

Things I've tried:

1. Running all involved processes as admin

2. Trying multiple versions when possible

3. Checking file integrity through Steam

4. Removal of all mods

Somebody just pointed out running as Admin is not the way to go. It seems the last update may have turned this on.
Ah, a thought; anyone who was running as Admin AND allowed Steam to update may have caused this. Otherwise -eveynody- would have been screwd!

First get it running decent then experiment with mods. None are garenteed to work. Anything the mess's with resolution/FOV are going to trip over each other and crash.

The # 1 thing Hayden's patch is doing is resolution/FOV fix. Anything else is expendable.

I am runng a few PASSIVE mods. New textures like the night sky w/nebula is awsome and "Passive".
I run the SkyUI with "manual instal", not with script expander that it would "like to have".

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011, 23:07 

First of all, thanks for the fixes!!!

Secondly, maps still aren't working...for me at least. I have NO map mods at all. The maps have been jacked up since day 1.
Am I the only one? Is there a fix I don't know about?

Post subject: If you press number '-'
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011, 23:28 

If you press number '-' BEFORE entering the map screen then it's rendered correctly.
Assuming you haven't changed the default keys in Hayden's fix.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011, 00:08 

I am NOT writing to ask for help but to let anyone with this issue - looped launcher that will not start game - know how I fixed the problem.

It seems TESV v1.3.1 is set to run as administrator seemingly by default on patching - crazy as that may seem!

To correct the looping launch problem, I went into Skyrim folder and the properties of TESV then 'compatibility' and removed the tick from the box for 'Run this program as an administrator'.

Now, I have not yet tested the game for a reasonable time but I am able to launch it - that is inject Hayden v0.91 if I want widescreen to work right or not inject if not (!) then launch TESV and press play from launcher.

I have no idea why this happened but hope the simple solution I present can help others that may have the problem.

Thanks Hayden for a fast fix too BTW!

Weird, just checked my 1.31 Skyrim installed (auto updated by Steam) and none of the Exe's are set to Admin (by me or automatically). I did notice that the SMAA injector now actually does need the "Steam Overlay fix" enabled in the INI file however.
Also Haydens fix works perfectly for me, didnt change a thing (ie maps etc fine).

Post subject: Check this out:TESV
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011, 03:17 

Check this out:

TESV Acceleration Layer

Post subject: c69 wrote:Check this
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011, 10:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Check this out:

TESV Acceleration Layer

Interesting stuff! Did somebody actually tried this?:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011, 12:03 

Hey Guys.

I've been running 1.1 + 4gb Launcher + Hayden fix 0.9 for quite some while now. Because it was the only combination that allowed me to play without crashing or major problems.
Probably later today I will try the 1.3.10 version with Hayden 0.91 I also want to use SkyUI from this LINK.

It mentions it support all resolutions, was wondering if anyone tried it yet and if it works with, without or is compatible with Hayden Fix. I'm gonna try it out like I said.
But would be helpfull if anyone already tried it and would save me some time fiddling around and getting it to work proper.
Thx

edit: will try out the the TESV Acceleration Layer too it appears it's from the same guy that made the Skyrim Script Extender that you need so it can run SkyUI.

»»───(knee)───►

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011, 16:01 

TESV Acceleration Layer works excellently with Hayden's fix for us, it really makes everything a lot smoother! (and lowering the FOV made everything look better as well, we settled for 55 to avoid exaggerated stretch on the side screens)

I was wondering if there's any launch argument for the fix application (Hayden's) that will immediately trigger "inject patch", without having to click the button? It could make for a sweet opportunity to create a one-click shortcut to start the game.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2011, 01:03 

Hey I'm new here. :D
I'm having trouble with Hayden's fix. My game just updated and Hayden's 9.0 version of the fix says that the version of the game I am running is not supported.
Any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.

Edit: nevermind i found it... lol

Post subject: ..eh?
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2011, 06:25 

I use to write nice big "how-to's" and reviews, then I took an arrow in the knee..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192 ... 302  Next