Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Aug 2024, 17:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Ok update.Running Skyrim
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2011, 10:01 

Ok update.

Running Skyrim 1.3.10 + Hayden Fix 0.91 + SkyUI mod installed. And most Amazingly it all works and the game is stable.
SkyUI is a script based interface mod that changes quite a bit and was afraid that it would interfere with th Hayden Fix, it doesn't, Yaaay

It's a work in progress but a very cool mod, that makes the inventory more pc-user friendly.
Because it's not completely finished it I use it together with QD inventory to take over the parts that are not finished yet.

About the TESV Acceleration Layer, haven't noticed the massive increase in FPS like some of the users report. There's actually no increase in fps, It's still the same according to my fps counter.
The game does run smoother, no more hiccups when running in the open world. Can't say if it's the 1.3.10 skyrim or TESVAL.
Or TESVAL is just not working, will look in to that later.

»»───(knee)───►

Post subject: Hello all,Because some
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2011, 15:44 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello all,

Because some people requested it, as they are having problems with Hayden's tool, I updated my CT Tables (only V2 of the table) to be compatible with 1.3.10 version of Skyrim.
The download link can be found in the Detailed Report.

If you are having troubles with running this table please let me know!

Best Regards & Merry Christmas;))
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

Post subject: Updated version of the
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2011, 16:00 
Insiders
Insiders

Updated version of the Accelerated Layermod:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1322545-rel-tesv-acceleration-layer-thread-3/

Post subject: helifax wrote:Hello
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2011, 16:34 
Editors
Editors

Hello all,

Because some people requested it, as they are having problems with Hayden's tool, I updated my CT Tables (only V2 of the table) to be compatible with 1.3.10 version of Skyrim.

Thanks helifax, great job, xmas. :twothumb

Post subject: helifax wrote:Hello
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2011, 17:22 

Hello all,

The download link can be found in the Detailed Report.

If you are having troubles with running this table please let me know!

Best Regards & Merry Christmas;))
Helifax

Thanks. I started with your tool and got a good two weeks with it before Hayden's was ready. Merry Xmas.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2011, 02:19 

The 290.53 Nvidia beta driver is out, and heavily optimized for Skyrim: official site

Edit: And they fixed the panel resolution timing bug that was fawking up on my 10-bit monitors, making the prior beta unusable... YAY! Ambient occlusion for me finally!

Post subject: That acceleration layer
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2011, 16:58 

That acceleration layer thing: Its a great big upgrade for sure, wander around the cities to see where it provides the most benefit, especially the notorious kill views like the dragonreach plateau looking down at the tree in whiterun.

Now there's one thing left that's been seriously bugging me and that's how the shadow engine seems constrained by something to with FOV & display resolution. I've tried all kinds of combinations of the various shadow settings but there seems like there's some constant that A) Forces the over all quality of your shadows within some limited quantity of memory and B) is heavily influenced by the size of the active player view upon the game world. For examples:

Setting the outdoor shadow radius to 8000 means all your shadow qualities outdoors suffer and this is even with ridiculous things like 16K shadow resolution settings, as you lower the max range of the shadow engine's radius it will start to make use of those higher settings relative to the radius size, so there's something that seems to over-ride ridiculous settings based on how many shadows total it needs to be drawing, it won't let you just consume more vram and party on. So yah doesn't matter what you set any of those three shadow resolution settings, if it reaches whatever that maximum quality/distance value it will ignore anything higher then whatever it can fit into that space.

The second influence is resolution, with identical high-end shadow settings my outdoor shadows look way finer in 1920x1080 vs 5760x1080, this shouldn't happen but yah something is hamstringing the shadow detail based on how much of the world is on screen. To further tinker with this I set the FOV down to very low levels even while triple screen and after the next sun-shadow update the very same shadows I was looking at became more details, resetting the FOV back to where I regularly have it instantly make those same shadows blockier again.

So the trick here has been trying to identify what that shadow quality vs shadow radius is limited by and finding a way to let it consume more resources, anyone else been lucky enough to get around this? I want mah ubah shadows! ;)

Post subject: I would like to make a
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2011, 09:28 

I would like to make a request for Hayden's mod to work with SkyUI's mod. The items that are preview in the menu are maximizing to fit all screens, even though by default Hayden's mod fixes SkyUI's menu to fit correctly to one screen, it does not correct the item previews. SkyUI's is the BEST GUI mod out there, and a huge following. It adds larger size menu, with special icon, and even adds a filter for finding items faster. This is a MUST have, and it's a must to get SkyUI working with multiple monitor and Hayden. Please, Hayden provide us a fix for this must have GUInterface mod.

SkyUI, the GUI mod:
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3863
Here's some additional information on the mod: 2,610 Endorsements // 175,116 Times Downloaded // 620,218 Total Views
[SkyUI is mod that aims to improve Skyrim's User Interface by making it easier to use with mouse and keyboard, less wasteful of available screen space and nicer to look at.]
Currently it holds rank #1 for the best mod of the last two weeks and it holds rank #7 for the best mod ever!
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/top/

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdDU8loGB1I&feature=player_embedded

My attachment shows the issue with using Hayden's mod + SkyUI mod.

Attached files

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2011, 11:58 

I would like to make a request for Hayden's mod to work with SkyUI's mod. The items that are preview in the menu are maximizing to fit all screens, even though by default Hayden's mod fixes SkyUI's menu to fit correctly to one screen, it does not correct the item previews. SkyUI's is the BEST GUI mod out there, and a huge following. It adds larger size menu, with special icon, and even adds a filter for finding items faster. This is a MUST have, and it's a must to get SkyUI working with multiple monitor and Hayden. Please, Hayden provide us a fix for this must have GUInterface mod.

SkyUI, the GUI mod:
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3863
Here's some additional information on the mod: 2,610 Endorsements // 175,116 Times Downloaded // 620,218 Total Views
[SkyUI is mod that aims to improve Skyrim's User Interface by making it easier to use with mouse and keyboard, less wasteful of available screen space and nicer to look at.]
Currently it holds rank #1 for the best mod of the last two weeks and it holds rank #7 for the best mod ever!
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/top/

My attachment shows the issue with using Hayden's mod + SkyUI mod.

There is no need for HaYDeN to do anything. SkyUI comes with a SkyUI.cfg whihc you have to edit to pout the item representation (itemicon) and the item card (itemcard) to the correct position for you. I even provided in the mod 2 version, one for 5760x1080 and the other for 5760x1080 resolutions if you look in the optional folder.
Then it will look like this:

If your inventory is centered on the middle screen, just press the - or + keys on your numpads to have it use the whole screens.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2011, 19:30 

Ismelda, thank you for reply and information, but I am unable to get the config file to work with / without Hayden's mod. Here are some in-game screenshots. The item description is cut off as you can see in the screenshot. Here are my changes for the custom 5760x1080. Btw, is there a way to get this working with custom bezels? Mine would be at 6138x1080.

; =====================================================================================================================
[ItemInfo]
; =====================================================================================================================

itemcard.align = right
itemcard.xOffset = 175
itemcard.yOffset = -20

itemicon.xOffset = 50
itemicon.yOffset = -12
itemicon.scale = 0.6

Current Resolution: 5760x1080 // Hayden's mod Enable

Attached files

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193 ... 302  Next