Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Aug 2024, 11:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: ChainMale wrote:I was
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011, 22:29 
Editors
Editors

I was wander'n around Future Shop lookin at all the spanky 50-60+ inch displays and thinking.

3 of them, on a wall, in portait mode ..like the "Total Recal" movie beginning at break fast.

..We Have The POWER!

Yep, something like this 3 x 47" eyefinity setup (dont miss page 2) - http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/multi-monitor-gaming/amd-eyefinity-discussions/17511/extreme-eyefinity-finally-3x-47-le .

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2012, 11:13 

I just snooped the numbers and a Sharp 80" in portrait would be about 6' 2".. not quite what Total Recal had. They had to be about 9'. Ah well, another year, maybe. (sigh)

Problem: Take me 2yrs to save for 3 of 'em. Then they'd be obsolete befor I bought them.
(I know, I'd just have to buy sumthin bigger)

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2012, 14:18 

[quote][quote][quote]But, the menus are very zoomed in and not that easy to navigate. However, it does seem to be playable....

Menus zoomed in running HaYDeN's fix ? Mmm are you sure you've clicked on the "Inject Patch" button on the app before launching Skyrim ?

Yes, I had HayDen's app up and running, then went and started up Skyrim. HayDen's app then started scanning files and I waited until that finished before starting the game.

Now, even though I've reverted to a single screen the game is CTD every few moments/minutes. I haven't gotten more than 4-5 minutes of play without a CTD so far.

EDIT: OK, on my last attempt the menus were fine. BUT, within 5 min of starting the game, I had another CTD.

EDIT2: I got the CTD resolved after doing a Validate Files via Steam. I'm now back to --hopefully-- a crash free game experience.

BUT, I'm also back to a single screen rather than trying Eyefinity at this time.

This statement kinda makes me wonder, "HayDen's app then started scanning files and I waited until that finished before starting the game."

HaYDen's app doesn't 'finish' before you can start the game, at least not on my system. All I see is "scanning for skyrim process...." Once you start the game, it loads and HaYDeN's app is no longer visible ( its in the background). How are you going about this? Tabbing in and out "can" mess things up from time to time.

What video drivers are you running? the latest?

Have you correctly edited your res in the correct .ini file? There shouldn't be any issue with running that res.

I was finally able to play for quite a while during this last session without a CTD at all. AND, this was with 3x1 Eyefinity on my single HD 6950 2 GB system. The only real downside is the very choppy 35-40 FPS that has developed. On a single screen @1080p I'm averaging 60+ FPS in the game. 35 FPS for a game like this would be OK if it wasn't for the very, very noticeable choppiness. I'd hate to have to turn down some of the eye candy just to get a smoother experience, though.

I'm presently using the 12.1 Preview drivers.

~Windows 7 x64 Professional~MSI X58A-GD45~Intel I7-950~6x2 GB DDR3 1600 RAM (Triple Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Done with Vista~XP Pro on the way out, too!~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2012, 15:18 
Insiders
Insiders

When you say, "I was finally able to play for quite a while during this last session without a CTD at all. ", What changed between this last successful, low FPS session, and the previous where you could only play ~3 minutes and then CTD?

Someone with Crossfire configuration exp is going to have to address this but as I'm sure you're aware, its hard for 1 single GPU card to push triple monitor res's.

I would guess you would need to either turn down your game graphics settings or have some type of dual GPU configuration to have enough grunt to run Skyrim at acceptable framerates.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2012, 21:18 

When you say, "I was finally able to play for quite a while during this last session without a CTD at all. ", What changed between this last successful, low FPS session, and the previous where you could only play ~3 minutes and then CTD?

Someone with Crossfire configuration exp is going to have to address this but as I'm sure you're aware, its hard for 1 single GPU card to push triple monitor res's.

I would guess you would need to either turn down your game graphics settings or have some type of dual GPU configuration to have enough grunt to run Skyrim at acceptable framerates.

The only known change to me was doing a file verification via Steam. That ended the CTDs from previous sessions. After some more successful single screen sessions, I, once again, tried the eyefinity setup. It worked this time.

As for going with CF, I've been down that road and don't intend to travel it again anytime soon. My experience with it has left a very bad taste in my mouth. The games I wanted to play, and really needed CF with, would zoom in so large they were unplayable. Using a single GPU in eyefinity allowed the games to, at least, be playable.

~Windows 7 x64 Professional~MSI X58A-GD45~Intel I7-950~6x2 GB DDR3 1600 RAM (Triple Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Done with Vista~XP Pro on the way out, too!~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2012, 22:22 

Skyrim is woefully CPU bound, so unless you have an i7, crossfire doesnt help that much in the "problem areas" (cities). My experience is that crossfire now works, but it will only be obvious if you really turn up the detail options. But with the options up that high, when you finally get to a city, the system will bog down under the cpu load.

So it really doesnt help THAT much. You should check out the acceleration layer to get more frames with skyrim. Its important to very carefully choose you graphics options. Especially AA and AF.

As far as other games and crossfire, my experience has been generally positive, or should say would be very positive if you buy games a month after launch when the drivers are released. That first month may be cause for some hair pulling.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2012, 10:22 

Currently using SKYUI with Haydens Fix for Eyefinity..When selecting the Inventory everything is working fine..But when i buy from an NPC the old interface is shown with the pictures of the products being too big...IS there a solution to this or is this how it is supposed to be??any help would be appreciated..

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2012, 01:50 
I Donated
I Donated

Currently using SKYUI with Haydens Fix for Eyefinity..When selecting the Inventory everything is working fine..But when i buy from an NPC the old interface is shown with the pictures of the products being too big...IS there a solution to this or is this how it is supposed to be??any help would be appreciated..

If you want to use an inventory mod with Hayden's fix try QD Inventory. I am using both without issue.

Zowie EC1-A | Logitech G15 | Razer Nostromo | Windows 10 Pro x64

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2012, 08:52 

So far [knock on wood] the only oddity when using Eyefinity now is with the lock-picking. That mini-game gets zoomed in to about 30 times its normal size. But, at least it zeroes in on the lock so I can still do it.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 01:27 

..yuppers, suposed to be.

You read the dox to install it, why not to rest? That is all they have sone -so-far-. I love the "column sorting".

Cinnabuns;
I am still unsure if DS is using the Injection button.

Cinnabuns I also note you have my monitors. I love the "x12oo". And quite flabbergasted that they aren't more popular and commonly available. In general computers -like- a little more height than width. More realistate is always better. I feel I am going to bang my head on a "x1o8o" screen.
Last I looked Samsung and Asus dropped them but HP and Dell now have them. Realy weird. (someone else?)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197 ... 302  Next