Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jul 2024, 23:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Hi HelifaxThe retail
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 16:58 

Hi Helifax

The retail version does force you to use Origin. Even if Origin is not running, when you click on the exe it opens and connects to origin before loading up the game. I just tried inputing the game code from the retail version into Steam to see if i could add the game to Steam but invalid code.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 17:13 

Does the Origin version forces you to play through Origin? (Origin is not started and you double click the game exe) What happens? Does Origin Starts up like in case of Steam Version?

Yeah, Origin works like steam while gaming, everything goes through it first.

I did a second install and used an exe file of "not known origin" :P And this is what i got --->

The one with the red line is the quest log obviously :)

Awesome work till now Helifax !! Game seems to be completely playable currently with this (except the q.log)
Fov i used on those was 120 which i might increase later on, just tried it out to see and to tell u how it works currently on my behalf :)

Attached files

Post subject: Delas wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 17:30 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Does the Origin version forces you to play through Origin? (Origin is not started and you double click the game exe) What happens? Does Origin Starts up like in case of Steam Version?

Yeah, Origin works like steam while gaming, everything goes through it first.

I did a second install and used an exe file of "not known origin" :P And this is what i got --->

The one with the red line is the quest log obviously :)

Awesome work till now Helifax !! Game seems to be completely playable currently with this (except the q.log)
Fov i used on those was 120 which i might increase later on, just tried it out to see and to tell u how it works currently on my behalf :)

AWESOME FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KNOW everyone knows how they can play their game on Origin, since I dont have also the Origin version to make the fix for it

As for the quest log, I will look into it;)) Did you try my workaround? to lower your resolution to something like 3840x720 (so it width does not exceed 4096)?

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 17:34 

AWESOME FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KNOW everyone knows how they can play their game on Origin, since I dont have also the Origin version to make the fix for it

As for the quest log, I will look into it;)) Did you try my workaround? to lower your resolution to something like 3840x720 (so it width does not exceed 4096)?

Best Regards,
Helifax

Forgot about that :P

But here it is...Can u hear the drum rolls ????

3840 x 800

Attached files

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 18:31 

Hey guys! Newbie here. Any idea on an updated KoA plugin? ;)

I just saw a guy who posted a delicious screenshot of him playing in 80-degree FoV and I'm really jealous but it doesn't work with the new patch from last night. =

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 19:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey guys! Newbie here. Any idea on an updated KoA plugin? ;)

I just saw a guy who posted a delicious screenshot of him playing in 80-degree FoV and I'm really jealous but it doesn't work with the new patch from last night. =

:) Hi there! Sorry that it took a while but I was at work:)

I updated the plugin for the latest patch:) you can find it attached to this post!!!!! Be sure to configure the plugin and select the new version!!! (1.0.1) .

Now I can start investigating the Quest menu thingy;))

Best Regard,
Helifax

Attached files Plugin.Kingdoms of Amalure Reckoning.rar (11.2 KB)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 20:04 

Thanks for the work helifax but it's helas not working on the Origin version, stupid update can't be interrupted and doesnt have the older version of the game anymore ^^

Will keep trying and comment back if I can get it to work ;)

Post subject: Now instead of ctd, it
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 20:15 

Now instead of ctd, it freezes as soon as I turn the fix on. So does that mean there is a difference between the Steam and Origin versions? Don't know if it helps but in the details part of the check for a solution screen now says the version is 1.0.0.2.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 20:25 
Insiders
Insiders

Now instead of ctd, it freezes as soon as I turn the fix on. So does that mean there is a difference between the Steam and Origin versions? Don't know if it helps but in the details part of the check for a solution screen now says the version is 1.0.0.2.

Steam version Only!!! - Origin is not supported (nor I can add support for it I don't have that version)

File version is indeed 1.0.0.2 But product version is 1.0.0.1

I did saw a post earlier saying that! the fix works with "un-official" executables;)) I don't officially support those but I do imagine it will work with them if they are from Steam version;))

Best Regards

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 20:44 

I guess I'm out of luck then. Thank you for your help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 33  Next