Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 06:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: synergic wrote:The fix
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 09:51 
Insiders
Insiders

The fix doesn't seem to work for me. I'm using the newest version of Widescreen Fixer; it detects the game, gets the base address and can enable the fix, but "Field-of-View" shows 0 when the fix is enabled and N/A when it isn't. Tried enabling it at different times. Using the retail version on v1.02 if it makes any difference. I also tried testing it with and without auto-detection to see if something was wrong with that, but it also didn't work.

Hi! I haven't test it on retail yet. The only version I have tested on is Steam. So it is highly possible the retail exe to have a different memory map:) If you want you can offer your help;)) and make the fix work on the retail version also;)) If you are interested give me a PM;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 10:35 

Thank you so much. I've been dying to play the mass effect series for ages, but wanted to wait till we could play in multiscreen.

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 10:36 
Insiders
Insiders

Thank you so much. I've been dying to play the mass effect series for ages, but wanted to wait till we could play in multiscreen.

So it does work for you yes?:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 14:50 

[quote]Thank you so much. I've been dying to play the mass effect series for ages, but wanted to wait till we could play in multiscreen.

Hey Helifax, for ME1/3 the fix is the same DLL file from a few pages ago? Could we get an edit to the ME master games list for this fix?

Good work, I'll play with it later today on my Steam copy.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 14:57 

Hi Helifax

Great work on the fixes I have been using your latest Skyrim one and it is awesome and I have decided as I have completed Skyrim in preperation for Mass Effect 3 next month to redo my ME2 character

The Mass Effect 2 Collectors edition I have doesnt seem to want to work with your plugin and I have tried everything and am convinced its because its not the Steam or Origin one, can you confirm if this is the case?

Cheers

Ben

Post subject: ben@scan wrote:Hi
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 15:11 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi Helifax

Great work on the fixes I have been using your latest Skyrim one and it is awesome and I have decided as I have completed Skyrim in preperation for Mass Effect 3 next month to redo my ME2 character

The Mass Effect 2 Collectors edition I have doesnt seem to want to work with your plugin and I have tried everything and am convinced its because its not the Steam or Origin one, can you confirm if this is the case?

Cheers

Ben

Yes possible this is the case:( Being retail I imagine it has different memory map:( As for Me2 hold down a little;)) I am looking to improve the fix for Me2 (as the current one is choppy :)) ).

For both Me1 & Me3 the latest versions are included in Widescreen Fixer : http://www.widescreenfixer.org/

Best Regards,
Helifax

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 16:10 

Hi Helifax

Thanks for the info if you need me to send you my retail exe or any other files let me know

Regards

Ben

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 19:56 

[quote]Thank you so much. I've been dying to play the mass effect series for ages, but wanted to wait till we could play in multiscreen.

re installing now from steam, I'll let you know how i get on(fingers crossed)

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2012, 10:12 

Hi Helifax,

I know this is going to be a bit much to ask, after all the work you have already put in to getting the Mass Effect series working properly, but I was tearing my hair out for hours last night trying to get the ME2 fix to work.

I finally realized that since I am using the TexMod application to inject upgraded textures into the game (from here: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/128/index/5314761/1 - BTW they look x1000 better than stock), Widescreen Fixer was not detecting the game .exe properly.

In order for TexMod to work with the Steam version of ME2, you have to rename the TexMod EXE to 'MassEffect2.exe', and have that run when you start the game in Steam. This opens up TexMod, where you select the textures you want to inject, then you select the real ME2 EXE (which has been renamed), which then loads the game as normal. Unfortunately when you load the TexMod app, with its EXE renamed to 'Masseffect2.exe' this confuses Widescreen Fixer, preventing it from working.

After disabling TexMod, and changing the real ME2 EXE name back to normal, your fix works fine.

So basically I am in the position of that if I want to enjoy the game on my 3 screens, I have to forgo the improved textures, or I can use TexMod to load them, and play on a single screen. I'd love to be able to do both. Is there a fix for this? Do I need a custom DLL? Are there any directions you could give me to do this myself, since I am sure my case is an isolated one?

Frustratingly, if I wasn't using the Steam version there wouldn't be an issue, since I could just load TexMod from another directory, point to the ME2 EXE, inject the textures, and it would work. If I do that now, Steam somehow stops the improved textures being loaded.

Thanks

Alex

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2012, 11:22 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi Helifax,

I know this is going to be a bit much to ask, after all the work you have already put in to getting the Mass Effect series working properly, but I was tearing my hair out for hours last night trying to get the ME2 fix to work.

I finally realized that since I am using the TexMod application to inject upgraded textures into the game (from here: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/128/index/5314761/1 - BTW they look x1000 better than stock), Widescreen Fixer was not detecting the game .exe properly.

In order for TexMod to work with the Steam version of ME2, you have to rename the TexMod EXE to 'MassEffect2.exe', and have that run when you start the game in Steam. This opens up TexMod, where you select the textures you want to inject, then you select the real ME2 EXE (which has been renamed), which then loads the game as normal. Unfortunately when you load the TexMod app, with its EXE renamed to 'Masseffect2.exe' this confuses Widescreen Fixer, preventing it from working.

After disabling TexMod, and changing the real ME2 EXE name back to normal, your fix works fine.

So basically I am in the position of that if I want to enjoy the game on my 3 screens, I have to forgo the improved textures, or I can use TexMod to load them, and play on a single screen. I'd love to be able to do both. Is there a fix for this? Do I need a custom DLL? Are there any directions you could give me to do this myself, since I am sure my case is an isolated one?

Frustratingly, if I wasn't using the Steam version there wouldn't be an issue, since I could just load TexMod from another directory, point to the ME2 EXE, inject the textures, and it would work. If I do that now, Steam somehow stops the improved textures being loaded.

Thanks

Alex

Hi,

I understand exactly what you are saying. However:

Renaming TexMod to MassEffect2.exe wont work because the memory map is totally different. The fix will work only on a genuine/non altered executable (or else the asm instruction in memory will be totally different -> game crashes/ fix not working).
I am glad that the fix works for you!!!
I already tried to translate the fix to the Retail Collectors Edition..but till now I have some mixed results... and still dont know if it works....
At the moment I do not plan to make a fix with TexMod running, but I am not saying that maybe in the future I will not add it;)) I am sorry if this produces any problems:(

Best Regards,
Helifax

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next