Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 11:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 19:38 
Editors
Editors

EDIT 2: FOUND A WAY TO FIX THE QUEST LOG!

Hooray. that was the worst/last bug ? Guess i'll start MutliMon gaming in Eyefinity with KoA:R soon. thanks for your hard work!

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 19:38 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote] EDIT 2: FOUND A WAY TO FIX THE QUEST LOG!

HUZZAH!

Hmm... is not exactly the best fix...going to look some more:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

Post subject: single monitor
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 20:47 

Even though this program was not intended for single monitor users, I had great success using previous versions and entering a resolution of 5760 x 1080, and a FOV of 80-120. This gave me a perfect zoomed out distance from my toon, and very little distortion. In addition, there was no paper doll shrink, nor any other issues with the UI or cutscenes. I don't know much regarding why this worked so well, but it did.

With the latest version of the program and plugin, I can no longer enter any resolution, just FOV, and the game looks just as it did if I had entered my native resolution (1920x1080) into the program before, which adds the extra UI/cutscene distortion.

Please just bring back the ability for us to enter a custom resolution into the program. That's really all us silly single monitor users need :).

venturing far outside my competence (hardly a new experience my friends would say) I notice that the other games in the Widescreen Fixer plugin folder retain the custom resolution capability. That suggests to me that there is code not included in the Amalur dll file that was there previously. But what do I know.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 20:58 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote] EDIT 2: FOUND A WAY TO FIX THE QUEST LOG!

HUZZAH!

Hmm... is not exactly the best fix...going to look some more:)

Since my debugger crashes I cannot do more than just add a toggle key for the quest menu... Unfortunatelly this will also remove some information from the other menus (information located on the right monitor)
Is someone interested in this?

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 21:58 

Would we be able to toggle it in game on and off? If so than that shouldn't be a problem, I can see just pressing a key to turn that specific fix on (just to read the quest log) and then turning it off again to see everything else.

What displays on the right screen right now anyways? All I can think of is the character when you're in the inventory screen...

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 22:19 
Insiders
Insiders

Would we be able to toggle it in game on and off? If so than that shouldn't be a problem, I can see just pressing a key to turn that specific fix on (just to read the quest log) and then turning it off again to see everything else.

What displays on the right screen right now anyways? All I can think of is the character when you're in the inventory screen...

The ammount of armor that you are wearing and the Pause thingy text....no char is still there:)))

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 22:23 

Would we be able to toggle the quest log fix on and off or will it have to stay on once it's turned on?

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 23:52 
Insiders
Insiders

I can always add a checkbox that allows you to enable/disable certain features.

For those wanting the resolution setting back. It's not really necessary and I'm working on a way to do away with it. The only thing in the plugin that uses the resolution (and only the horizontal resolution at that) is the item/character scale. It does not affect how the the field-of-view works at all.

As for the field-of-view. I'm not entirely sure what a good range is. I asked helifax before what he thinks a proper range should be but he didn't know either.

I will be putting more work into this plugin tomorrow. I don't really have the time to do anything about it today.

I've been having difficulty trying to read and understand helifax's code since this was one of his first plugins and a lot of things aren't named well or described well. It's not his fault since he's new to this. I've been working with him to try and understand certain parts of it and I'll probably be redoing a bunch of the plugin to enable more control over features.

I'll post here when I have more information to post.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 05:18 
Insiders
Insiders

I can always add a checkbox that allows you to enable/disable certain features.

For those wanting the resolution setting back. It's not really necessary and I'm working on a way to do away with it. The only thing in the plugin that uses the resolution (and only the horizontal resolution at that) is the item/character scale. It does not affect how the the field-of-view works at all.

As for the field-of-view. I'm not entirely sure what a good range is. I asked helifax before what he thinks a proper range should be but he didn't know either.

I will be putting more work into this plugin tomorrow. I don't really have the time to do anything about it today.

I've been having difficulty trying to read and understand helifax's code since this was one of his first plugins and a lot of things aren't named well or described well. It's not his fault since he's new to this. I've been working with him to try and understand certain parts of it and I'll probably be redoing a bunch of the plugin to enable more control over features.

I'll post here when I have more information to post.

Thanks for the continued workings guys...As for a quest menu fix, sure it would be great, but to be honest I just go exploring and find the quests anyway. SO it's not imperative, but a nice added bonus if it can be done without stuffing up anything else. As for the FOV issue, we are all going to be different, like I've said in a previous post, I play at 200, which I again thank Dopefish for implementing again in the most recent version.

cheers.

Post subject: dopefish wrote:For those
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 05:40 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sooQd7fw4A
This video says otherwise.

When I do the same thing (without adjusting the resolution) it has a major fisheye effect.

I get that this program is INTENDED for multi-screen support, but a feature that greatly helps the other 98% of the population I would say while it isn't "necessary", it adds quite a bit of benefit. I do both Multi-Screen and Single-Screen, depending on which device I am using. Previously, people were able to use the plugin for single-screens and it worked wonders. Now, it only works for Multi-Screens.

I get not developing for single-screen. But you had it already, and it worked. Why go out of your way to remove it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 33  Next