Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 09:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 14:02 
Insiders
Insiders

This video says otherwise.

Alright, I looked through his code again and he has two different comments that contradict each other. In the area where the value is calculated and written to memory, he comments that it controls item scale. However, I looked up to where he writes the actual code-cave and he wrote that it controls the item scale and fov work.

I get that this program is INTENDED for multi-screen support, but a feature that greatly helps the other 98% of the population I would say while it isn't "necessary", it adds quite a bit of benefit. I do both Multi-Screen and Single-Screen, depending on which device I am using. Previously, people were able to use the plugin for single-screens and it worked wonders. Now, it only works for Multi-Screens.

I get not developing for single-screen. But you had it already, and it worked. Why go out of your way to remove it?

First off, I never intend for any of my plugins to be multi-monitor only. In fact, in every plugin I've done I support everything from 5:4 and up. Widescreen Fixer even started out as a single-display application. In almost all of my plugins that need to account for aspect-ratios and screen positioning, you will see code that checks for single displays, dual displays, and three+ displays. It also uses aspect-ratios to determine how many displays you have.

It was also never my intention to remove a feature. The idea is that it can be figured out by the game directly and work just fine rather than have the user mess with it. You'd achieve the same results without having to play around. The problem here is not that the feature was removed, it's that it's not currently being calculated correctly. Once I have a chance to sit down and do it right I think everyone will find that it's fine without having that option. This is why I said it's not necessary. It's really not. It's a value that can be handled entirely by the engine, and when it works right you'll be happy.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 14:19 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]This video says otherwise.

Alright, I looked through his code again and he has two different comments that contradict each other. In the area where the value is calculated and written to memory, he comments that it controls item scale. However, I looked up to where he writes the actual code-cave and he wrote that it controls the item scale and fov work.

I get that this program is INTENDED for multi-screen support, but a feature that greatly helps the other 98% of the population I would say while it isn't "necessary", it adds quite a bit of benefit. I do both Multi-Screen and Single-Screen, depending on which device I am using. Previously, people were able to use the plugin for single-screens and it worked wonders. Now, it only works for Multi-Screens.

I get not developing for single-screen. But you had it already, and it worked. Why go out of your way to remove it?

First off, I never intend for any of my plugins to be multi-monitor only. In fact, in every plugin I've done I support everything from 5:4 and up. Widescreen Fixer even started out as a single-display application. In almost all of my plugins that need to account for aspect-ratios and screen positioning, you will see code that checks for single displays, dual displays, and three+ displays. It also uses aspect-ratios to determine how many displays you have.

It was also never my intention to remove a feature. The idea is that it can be figured out by the game directly and work just fine rather than have the user mess with it. You'd achieve the same results without having to play around. The problem here is not that the feature was removed, it's that it's not currently being calculated correctly. Once I have a chance to sit down and do it right I think everyone will find that it's fine without having that option. This is why I said it's not necessary. It's really not. It's a value that can be handled entirely by the engine, and when it works right you'll be happy.

I concur with Dopefish's sentiments about his fix working for more than just multi-monitor. I actually use his fix on my laptop 1920x1080 for kingdoms @ a fov of 200 still :P same with The darkness 2...obviously I'm going to play everything I can on 3 screens, but when I can't I'd still like to adjust the FOV in most games that are usually a console port :P Now stop wasting the man's time and let him and Helifax work on the FOV for mass effect 3...although in saying that, it is only a demo and I can manage...and would rather efforts be directed at other things like Rage etc :P

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 16:26 
Insiders
Insiders

Today I will release a new version of the plugin (either me or dopefish) :D
It will bring back the ability to set your resolution and also it will provide a toggle key to enable the view in Quest Page. It will not be perfect..some description text will be missing in some cases..but at least you can select a quest to follow on the main map:).

Stay tuned:))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 16:28 
Insiders
Insiders

It will bring back the ability to set your resolution and also it will provide a toggle key to enable the view in Quest Page. It will not be perfect..some description text will be missing in some cases..but at least you can select a quest to follow on the main map:).

Good work mate :)

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 17:23 
Insiders
Insiders

Please Try This plugin, with the latest version of WSF. Read the Description of the plugin to find out how to use the Quest Menu. At the moment this toggle works only for Steam Version. If anyone with Origin version of the game wants me to make and its not afraid of Remote Desktop Connections :)) please let me know;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Attached files Plugin.Kingdoms of Amalur.rar (10.9 KB)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 18:02 

You are a wonderful person Helifax! It works! But just out of curiosity, with this fix now in place, does the resolution still have to be no more than 4K wide?

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 18:25 
Insiders
Insiders

You are a wonderful person Helifax! It works! But just out of curiosity, with this fix now in place, does the resolution still have to be no more than 4K wide?

NO That is why the "J" toggle is there. You can Play on Any resolution: only the quest menu will not display anything. So when you are in QUest Menu you press J 1 time and it will make the engine
draw the elements on the left and description (some elements or text might be missing) Press J again for all the other Menus!

Post subject: helifax wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 18:26 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Today I will release a new version of the plugin (either me or dopefish) :D

Please Try This plugin, with the latest version of WSF. Read the Description of the plugin to find out how to use the Quest Menu. At the moment this toggle works only for Steam Version. If anyone with Origin version of the game wants me to make and its not afraid of Remote Desktop Connections :)) please let me know;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Great work my friend...works like a dream! Cheers.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 18:30 

AWESOME! Thank you so much!

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 21:21 

Hi, i tried to fix the Fov but every time i use the hotkey to activate it i get this strange graphicsbug.
How do i fix this? (Using the Origin Version with Single Monitor @1920x1200)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 33  Next