Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Oct 2024, 03:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: still nothing
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012, 22:00 

turned off everything (fraps) and overlay and still bugs everytime i use the widescreen fixer.... ahhhhh

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012, 22:24 

Thats weird cause it was just about 3 days ago that went bad for me,
Since I did a fresh install going to go the next step and uninstall steam.let you know

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012, 22:37 

Well unable to get this to work correctly with my Skyrim, rolling the game back to 1.3 I think so I can use the old fixer....

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2012, 01:36 

I had been using Skyrim 1.3 and hayden's fix. Finally got around to trying the Widescreen Fixer so I could get caught up to Skyrim 1.5. Using 3 monitors 6048x1200 bezel-corrected.

Has worked pretty well, most of the issues are cosmetic (game launch and fast travel load screen images are distorted, on map the box to select Yes or No or Place Marker to fast travel is humongous but still works) or have a work around (after map or a book HUD is on the left screen but I quickly jump to inventory and back and that fixes it).

The HUD moving to the left screen would be the fix that would be most helpful, but it's very playable as is. Beyond that, the two biggest things on my wish list would be:
* When reading a book, the book background is too far to the left and for any full length lines the last 2 letters on both pages are cut off. Still easy enough to read though.
* Being able to change the mouse sensitivity when on the map would be wonderful. I'm using an Xbox controller on the PC, and small cursor movements when on the map page are really tough. I tried editing SkyrimPrefs.ini and the fMouseCursorSpeed setting, but it didn't seem to change cursor speed on the map.

Really appreciate the work both hayden and helifax have put into all of this. Thanks to both of you, and anyone else who has helped them out.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2012, 22:17 

I really liked Hayden's fix, but I was getting lower FPS after changing my hardware and had to update Skyrim for performance increases so now his fix doesn't work. Is Hayden going to update it or has support been discontinued indefinitely? I haven't gotten Helifax's newer fix to work yet, but I see a lot of listed improvements so I'm going to keep trying different things. I hope I don't have to disable every mod cuz it's not like I'm using an FXAA injector or anything like that, just texture mods.

EDIT: Okay, I managed to get 1.5.24.0.5 to work with the fix.
I had some weird issues at first, but I restarted and now it's working as described.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2012, 09:48 

I've noticed when using console commands that I can't click on an NPC to have targeted commands affect them. It will give a RefID when I do, but it doesn't seem to be the right one. Example would be if you want to get rid of Aella's or Faendal's default bow that they are using over one you give them, I can't click on them and do a removeitem command as it doesn't seem to be targeting them despite my having clicked on them.

I'm wondering if this is something caused by running with multiple monitors. Has anyone else noticed it? I see plenty of comments on UESP of people using the old method and it working. But I have to use "prid " first and then use player. to get any targeted commands to work.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2012, 15:53 

I had the very same problem using 1.3 and Hayden's fix.
Works okay for me using Helifax's Widescreen Fixer version though.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2012, 16:20 

I still haven't got it to work again. As stated before, Deleted save games, uninstalled then reinstalled Skyrim, deleted all Mods,
just uninstalled Steam and reinstalled, short of wiping Windows I don't know, it was working fine but now just crashes to desktop

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2012, 14:56 

I had the very same problem using 1.3 and Hayden's fix.
Works okay for me using Helifax's Widescreen Fixer version though.

Hmm, doesn't seem to work for me with either.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2012, 21:12 

I've noticed when using console commands that I can't click on an NPC to have targeted commands affect them. It will give a RefID when I do, but it doesn't seem to be the right one. Example would be if you want to get rid of Aella's or Faendal's default bow that they are using over one you give them, I can't click on them and do a removeitem command as it doesn't seem to be targeting them despite my having clicked on them.

I'm wondering if this is something caused by running with multiple monitors. Has anyone else noticed it? I see plenty of comments on UESP of people using the old method and it working. But I have to use "prid " first and then use player. to get any targeted commands to work.

It's been a while since I used the console but there is an issue with this using the 3 monitors. If I remember right, if you have the target you want to select centered in your middle monitor the code for the target will be the code that displays in the center of your left monitor. I there are actually detailed posts about this earlier in this thread but I'm not sure around what page number.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280 ... 302  Next