Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 18:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Resident Evil 6
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2013, 22:41 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:
Jza wrote:
Yes! you're a legend.
Please release! I hope it works on steam.
My steam version has had one update since release.

I will be away for a couple of days and I will release it afterwards. Appologize for the waiting...
I really hope it will work on Steam version, but I guess there is only one way to find out :) We will see:D :rockout:

Hey Man, been away from wsgf for a while doing projects, just bought you RE6 so you can use your fix on Steam version, good luck :) thanks buddy we owe you.

If your cool with me sending you more games to fix let me know, no pressure up to you as always.

Thanks \m/

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2013, 22:47 
Insiders
Insiders

valcan_s wrote:
helifax wrote:
Jza wrote:
Yes! you're a legend.
Please release! I hope it works on steam.
My steam version has had one update since release.

I will be away for a couple of days and I will release it afterwards. Appologize for the waiting...
I really hope it will work on Steam version, but I guess there is only one way to find out :) We will see:D :rockout:

Hey Man, been away from wsgf for a while doing projects, just bought you RE6 so you can use your fix on Steam version, good luck :) thanks buddy we owe you.

If your cool with me sending you more games to fix let me know, no pressure up to you as always.

Thanks \m/

Woow:)) Big thanks !!! Again I am speechless! I will release the fix tomorrow evening when I get home. Again, thank you very much for this!
Just a little more to wait;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013, 02:19 
Insiders
Insiders

I know you are all waiting for the fix;) but I thought to try to fix some extras also along the way:)) Like the cenamatics! that were rendered completely on the left screen with HORRIBLE black borders and after testing the plugin for 45 minutes my neck started to hurt from all the "pivoting" :))

So I said, what the hell..

So...:
- Fixed cutscenes and cinematics to render on the center screen
- REMOVED ANNOYING HORIZONTAL BLACK BARS !!!!!!! YUCK!!!!!!
- Now you get a fullscreen center monitor view of the cinematic (personally I like it since I get the felling o being FROM the game rather than detaching me and ..hey a cutscene lets watch... or not) :))

So screnies!!! :rockout: (I posted one in original form and one after the fix)

(Just need to implement this also and it will be ready) :cheers:

Best Regards,
Helfiax

PS: very terrible engine..either is very optimized (I doubt it) since the same memory address can get read and written by more than 200 instructions...hell even from the code you can see its a console port:)))))

Attachments:
File comment: FIXED
BH6 2013-04-01 02-08-20-55.jpg
BH6 2013-04-01 02-08-20-55.jpg [ 339.61 KiB | Viewed 2701 times ]
File comment: ORIGINAL
BH6 2013-03-29 18-51-57-72.jpg
BH6 2013-03-29 18-51-57-72.jpg [ 301.4 KiB | Viewed 2717 times ]

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013, 04:20 

thanks a ton :twothumb: helifax :twothumb:

will try it immediately after back home from work:)

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013, 09:20 

teardropmina wrote:
thanks a ton :twothumb: helifax :twothumb:

will try it immediately after back home from work:)

Awesome!
I cant find the plugin when I update?
:?

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013, 11:09 

helifax wrote:
I know you are all waiting for the fix;) but I thought to try to fix some extras also along the way:))

so, I take it you're still fixing those extras? take your time :rockout:

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013, 17:00 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello all,

Here it is:)

- Simply download the attached plugin and put in WideScreen Fixer Plugins folder. (It will be part of WSF in the next update)
- Select it, configure it (or leave it on Autodetect -> Tested only on nVidia Surround)
- Start the game. Be sure to use the same resolution ingame as the one of your Desktop resolution, otherwise manually configure the plugin.
- The plugin will automatically enable.

PS: I noticed that after the plugin kicks in, Resident Evil 6 process starts to use 100% CPU and the game might stutter for around 10-15 seconds, before it reverts to normal. I have no idea why this happens, but it doesn't break the game or anything else. I thought to mention this also, so people know what to expect and that indeed this is "normal" behaviour. Like I said after 15 seconds the game reverts to normal and is fully playable.

PPS: The game doesn't support bezel corrected resolutions and I haven't looked into enabling support for those at the moment.

So, grab it use it and let me know how it works for you:) :onethumb:

Best Regards,
Helifax

Last edited by helifax on 11 May 2013, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013, 18:27 

no , it dont work with eyefinity :( i put the plugin in widescreen fixer plugins and then i selected Resident evil 6 from the list.When i run the game widescreen says FIX ENABLE - Yes but the HUD are still to big and i cant see the main menu all of them.i have the RE6 reloaded version and its updated 1.01 version from skidrow.please fix it

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013, 20:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013, 20:57 
Insiders
Insiders

kayawish24 wrote:
no , it dont work with eyefinity :( i put the plugin in widescreen fixer plugins and then i selected Resident evil 6 from the list.When i run the game widescreen says FIX ENABLE - Yes but the HUD are still to big and i cant see the main menu all of them.i have the RE6 reloaded version and its updated 1.01 version from skidrow.please fix it

It works only for the Steam version:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next