Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 19:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Resident Evil 6
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 23:30 

helifax wrote:
Kayden wrote:
helifax wrote:
Hello all,

Here it is:)

- Simply download the attached plugin and put in WideScreen Fixer Plugins folder. (It will be part of WSF in the next update)
- Select it, configure it (or leave it on Autodetect -> Tested only on nVidia Surround)
- Start the game. Be sure to use the same resolution ingame as the one of your Desktop resolution, otherwise manually configure the plugin.
- The plugin will automatically enable.

PS: I noticed that after the plugin kicks in, Resident Evil 6 process starts to use 100% CPU and the game might stutter for around 10-15 seconds, before it reverts to normal. I have no idea why this happens, but it doesn't break the game or anything else. I thought to mention this also, so people know what to expect and that indeed this is "normal" behaviour. Like I said after 15 seconds the game reverts to normal and is fully playable.

PPS: The game doesn't support bezel corrected resolutions and I haven't looked into enabling support for those at the moment.

So, grab it use it and let me know how it works for you:) :onethumb:

Best Regards,
Helifax

Thanks Helifax! You da man! (c:

EDIT: It's not perfect but it's playable at least. (c:
The only thing I noticed was I started a new game as Helena and at the time I could use my gun the HUD was on the center monitor but half way up the screen not at the bottom. I will try it again and SS it.

EDIT 2: Yeah it happened again, was hopeful it was the fact I setup the MM res and it was just being finicky but no such luck here are the images.

Just so you know it was at that same position even after the dialogue.

Yes, I know...apparently applaying the same fix to the reloaded and steam version gives diff results (the steam version got 1 patch though) Anyway I talked to Hayden and he also posted a screenie with a perfect text and hud. I guess he will release it in the following days:)

but reloaded is the cracked version and you said this fix only works with steam version ? what is this now ?

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 14:19 

Hey i jus signed up to say thanks for the fix. But i'm afraid it's not working for me as im using the cracked version. I understand where you are coming from, but i am new to the eyefinity scene and eventually would like to contribute myself, but the reason why we need to play these games before buying them is because of lazy developers not implementing the things they promote. Personally i have no issue buying games, i enjoy gaming and i'm willing to pay for it. I have a eyefinity setup with dual 7970's powering it so obviously i'm willing to invest in it, I don't want anyone to think im trolling either as i totally appreciate your position, however i think these are the exact type of games which we shouldn't support, if they want us to purchase their games they should come out with eyefinity/ surround support, no? I think not releasing the fix for cracked games is doing more harm than good for the eyefinity/surround users as i will not be buying this or any other game that doesn't support it and instead will just play it in 1920x1080p single screen. If their are to many games which are unplayable in eyefinity i will end up getting rid of my eyefinity setup and going back to single screen as im sure many others will. I know it's the developers being lazy, and no ones fault here, but i will not be supporting them to use a fix they didnt even create. Thanks for your effort.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 23:54 

people who play pirated games ought to know that they're in no position whatsoever to demand anything.

then, when it comes to unofficial game hacks/mods, nobody, including those who actually buy games, is in any position to demand anything.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2013, 06:56 

Not demanding anything. I totally respect his position, i just have a different view.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2013, 08:16 

Dammit! I think the new update today has broken the fix! (steam)

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2013, 16:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Jza wrote:
Dammit! I think the new update today has broken the fix! (steam)

Hey:) I will look into it and see what happend;))

As for original/pirated games debate..

I also try some of the fixes on pirated games to see what I can achieve (since I don't have the financial power to buy all of them).

However I release the fixes only on the original versions in order to incourage people to buy the game rather than hack it. So it is ok by me to grab the pirated version of the game, see if you like it and they buy it.
The original one will also have support for eyefinity/surround (is just an extra).

I never heard of a person playing a bad game only because it has awesome surround/eyefinity support.
If you like it on single screen you will like it on multi screen also;)) The multi screen is just "the way is ment to be played"

Hope I made my idea clearer;))

Thank you and Best Regards

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2013, 18:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Updated the plugin to work with the L4D update that got pushed on Steam today:)

Attachments:
File comment: Updated Plugin
Plugin.Resident Evil 6.rar [18.73 KiB]
Downloaded 330 times

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2013, 23:33 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:
Updated the plugin to work with the L4D update that got pushed on Steam today:)

AWESOME! Thanks helifax :) :rockout:

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2013, 00:50 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello all,

Sorry for the wait... but I managed to properly center the full HUD now so it looks properly. (no more stretched or miss-aligned text)
Screenies are attached.

I am working on the plugin at the moment and will upload it when is finished.

PS: I hope you haven't finished the game yet :)) Is you did, I expect you will play it again (since from my point of view is an awesome game even if a bit too combat oriented etc, but still a Resident Evil game).

Enjoy the sight until the plugin is ready:)

Best Regards

Attachments:
File comment: Chapter Selection Menu
BH6 2013-04-08 00-42-56-56.jpg
BH6 2013-04-08 00-42-56-56.jpg [ 553.8 KiB | Viewed 2419 times ]
File comment: Skill Selection Menu
BH6 2013-04-08 00-42-33-23.jpg
BH6 2013-04-08 00-42-33-23.jpg [ 561.67 KiB | Viewed 2442 times ]
File comment: In-game Menu
BH6 2013-04-08 00-40-26-47_resize.jpg
BH6 2013-04-08 00-40-26-47_resize.jpg [ 791.58 KiB | Viewed 2439 times ]

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2013, 02:14 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello all,

Simply download the attached plugin and replace the current one.

Enjoy!

Best Regards,
Helifax

Attachments:
File comment: Final Plugin
Plugin.Resident Evil 6.rar [19.27 KiB]
Downloaded 294 times

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next