Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 06:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 May 2013, 22:54 
Insiders
Insiders

Fascinating how no one actually opened a thread regarding this game...

The game by default does not allow you to select any triple resolution what so over.
Forcing it from the INI file will make the game launch but CRASH before the main menu...
However I was able to make a quick fix for it.
The game is the most GAMEBOY PORT to date... Everything inside the engine points at this. I won't go into detail but the engine is very weird inside in it's behavior. (Actually I've never seen an engine behave like this)
Is not necessarily bad since is very simplistic to fix some things. However there are also problems with this simplistic approach.

Anyway.. Screenies:)

PS:
I don't own the game this was done on a "private" release just to see how the game looks/behaves.
If anyone is interested in the game let me know:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 23 May 2013, 23:54 

Looks decent enough. How well does it run? I was gonna preorder it but ended up not since I already played through it on the 3DS. I was afraid it would be horribly optimized. At triple wide it seems to look fine, I'll probably wait for a sale.

Thanks for the fix!

PostPosted: 24 May 2013, 11:19 

Hi Helifax

Does the fix work with the demo on Steam?

PostPosted: 24 May 2013, 20:05 

very very interested, was super disapointed when i couldnt get my res to work

PostPosted: 25 May 2013, 10:12 

Just waiting for a fix before I buy!

PostPosted: 25 May 2013, 15:44 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:

The game by default does not allow you to select any triple resolution what so over.
Forcing it from the INI file will make the game launch but CRASH before the main menu...
The game is the most GAMEBOY PORT to date... Everything inside the engine points at this. I won't go into detail but the engine is very weird inside in it's behavior. (Actually I've never seen an engine behave like this)
Is not necessarily bad since is very simplistic to fix some things. However there are also problems with this simplistic approach.

PS:
I don't own the game this was done on a "private" release just to see how the game looks/behaves.

Best Regards,
Helifax

Hey Helifax, just hooked you up with the Steam version so you can do your magic on it :) I hope you can mod the FOV it is brutal in the demo. Good luck and thanks, your work on RE6 was Ace love that game btw.

PostPosted: 25 May 2013, 17:52 
Insiders
Insiders

valcan_s wrote:
helifax wrote:

PS:

Best Regards,
Helifax

Hey Helifax, just hooked you up with the Steam version so you can do your magic on it :) I hope you can mod the FOV it is brutal in the demo. Good luck and thanks, your work on RE6 was Ace love that game btw.

AWESOME !!! BIG THANKS MAN!!!!

Just for you;)) a minor update;)) But one of GREATER Importance:)
HUD IS NOW CENTERED and correctly scaled

TO DO: Movies are still stretched on ALL 3 monitors with WRONG AR ofc... That also needs to be fixed:))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

Last edited by helifax on 28 May 2013, 03:44, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 25 May 2013, 19:07 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:
valcan_s wrote:
helifax wrote:

PS:

Best Regards,
Helifax

HUD IS NOT CENTERED and correctly scaled

TO DO: Movies are still stretched on ALL 3 monitors with WRONG AR ofc... That also needs to be fixed:))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Np any time, NICE looking real good(scaling is always welcome), super job man as always. Look forward to the release, do you think you can scale the fov or have it adjustable?

PostPosted: 25 May 2013, 19:26 
Insiders
Insiders

valcan_s wrote:
helifax wrote:
valcan_s wrote:

HUD IS NOT CENTERED and correctly scaled

Best Regards,
Helifax

Np any time, NICE looking real good(scaling is always welcome), super job man as always. Look forward to the release, do you think you can scale the fov or have it adjustable?

Man, JUST FOR YOU!!!! ( :oops: )

:rockout:

Think this would be OK no?:)))

PostPosted: 25 May 2013, 21:06 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:
Man, JUST FOR YOU!!!! ( :oops: )

:rockout:

Think this would be OK no?:)))

LOL hhahahaha :rockout: freaking awesome :) damn yeah I think we are good LOL, good job Helifax