Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 07:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2005, 01:44 

[Admin Edit - The new .ini is loaded and available at the links below, or at http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/downloads.php ]

I've modified the ini for Wogg's program which will allow to play widescreen in:

Empire Earth II - 1280x960 resolution must be selected in game to enable the custom resolution (Modifies EE2.EXE - Game's Folder)

Dungeon Lords - Not the best game out there but I like it... 1600x1200 resolution needs to be selected in game to use the custom resolution. (Modifies dlords.exe - Game's Folder) It works with version 1.1 but it might work with 1.0...

you can download the Wogg's program from http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wogg/uniws.zip
and the ini for the program http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wogg/patches.ini

NOTE: At the moment I write the message the ini in the link above doesn't contain my "fixes" but it will soon. For now just copy the text in between -----> and <----- and save it as patches.ini to use it with the uniws.exe.

A smart thing to do would be to make a backup of the exe's mentioned above before applaying the patch...

I tested these fixes only on my own machine with 1680x1050 resolution but I don't see any problems with it working for you with different resolution, that is if your system supports it :)

Good luck!
-Arcus

THE patches.ini GOES BELOW
[Admin Edit 2 - With the new file posted, you can grab the new file to view the file details.]

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2005, 07:55 

very cool, thanks

still debating if its worth it to keep playing dungeon lords :/

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2005, 11:07 
Editors
Editors

Nice work! :D

Just a note to the forum though: [disclaimer] remember to back up the .exe or whichever file is edited before doing so, just in case it doesn't work. ;) [/disclaimer]

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2005, 01:58 

Woot nice thanks! Looks great now.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2005, 13:04 

Hi,

i am playing the european version, currently 1.3. Can you tell me how to disable the version check of the ini? Or is there more to be fixed before I can play version 1.3 in widescreen? (and no, i do not want to miss the new map, so i'll stick with 1.3)

Thanks,

Jens

Post subject: FOV?
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2005, 00:00 

Anyone know how to correct the FOV for this game? the patcher just zooms in and cuts off the top and bottom. Thanks

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2005, 08:50 

Sorry, i can't make sense of that at all... I have downloaded and extracted both things. What am I meant to do with them to get Empire Earth 2 working.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2006, 04:17 

Have a solution for changing the FOV in empire earth 2 to make the game give more horizontal screen instead of less vertical:

Use the "Universal Widescreen Patcher" to make the game display the correct resolution first of all.

Then go to the games home folder (C:Program FilesSeirraEmpire Earth IIzips) and find the file called "myconfig.cfg". Open "myconfig.cfg" into notepad and enter the following lines at the end of the file:
MAINCAM:
MAXDIST 40

If done correctly the file should read something like this:
s_Language=UK
s_showESRBIcon=0
g_DistributionID=1133
s_skipIntro=1
MAINCAM:
MAXDIST 40

Note: it is important that you enter the lines at the end of the file, in other words, at the bottom below the existing text.

Now when you play you should have a better field of view for playing in a widescreen resolution.

If you want even greater field of view then enter a higher number after "MAXDIST", if you want less enter a lower number.

That's it, enjoy!

Big thanks to LordLee at the games official forums for helping me solve this one.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2007, 22:06 

I have tried to use UniWS for changing the resulution of Dungeon Lords 1.4.
I´ve selected the gamefolder and changed the resulution to 1600x1200 but U can´t type in a resulution, I can´t select the textfields.

Post subject: Quick Question
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2007, 04:27 

Downloaded the patch and all...but my version (I actually just installed the EE2: Art of Supremacy) ...it doesn't give me the in-game option to switch to 1280x960, which is needed to allow my custom resolution to take over. It's only allowing me to go as high as 1020, not 1280.

Any ideas as to how I might be able to program to get to 1280x960 so I can go widescreen??