Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 07:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SWAT 4
PostPosted: 31 May 2005, 13:08 

Were you guys playing around with the .ini file or the .int file? Like in my previous post, I see no .ini even after saving games. Ideas? Paradigm S, your always a good jumper on helper issues, any sugguestions?

Thanks folks.

PostPosted: 31 May 2005, 13:52 
Editors
Editors

Sorry, I'm at something of a loss with SWAT4. I might pick it up at the weekend, so if I do, I'll see if I can help.

Is windows hiding .ini files? (I know one of the first things I do with a windows install is turning off all of XP's "helpful" autohide features... ;)) 'Cause if it uses the Unreal engine, it shouldn't work unless the .ini's are there. :?

PostPosted: 31 May 2005, 14:11 
Editors
Editors

Hello ... TheRealOmegaMan ...

My ini files are here ...
H:SierraSWAT 4ContentSystem

Sorry I can't help you more than this ... have you done a search of your whole system including hidden and system files ? ... it could be that they are hidden somewhere.

I hope this helps ... but like I say the fix for the FOV doesn't change anything ... :( ... and if it does for NoName20 why doesn't he prove it with some screenshots.... :wink:
That said ... it is playable even with the top and bottom chopped off.... :)

PostPosted: 31 May 2005, 14:31 

Sorry, I'm at something of a loss with SWAT4. I might pick it up at the weekend, so if I do, I'll see if I can help.

Paradigm S, let me know what you find if you get the game this weekend. Coop is a blast. Buddy and I play and go in with Non-Lethal and we end of dropping more than the baddies.

PTW,
My ini files are here ...
H:SierraSWAT 4ContentSystem

I have all my system files showing, none hidden. This is Standard Operating Procedure for me. Still no .ini . - only the .int file which has EXACTLY the same settings as the .ini shown in this forum. PTW, can you do me a favor? Do a search on *.int and *.ini. Let me know what you find. I'm curious. If you find both compare the two. I will check on my end...Again. I know the answer to this problem points to hidden file issue, but like I said, for years I ALWAYS show System files. Still, even doing a search for any .ini files I find all the *.ini files EXCEPT the SWAT .ini. Only the .int file. Go figure. And I have no idea what an .int file is. Maybe I should rename it. Hmmmmmmm. Let me know what you find and again, thanks for all.

PostPosted: 31 May 2005, 15:11 
Editors
Editors

These are the ini files I find ...

and the int's ...

Hope they help ... :D

PostPosted: 31 May 2005, 16:54 
Editors
Editors

You shouldn't rename the .int files. Bad things (TM) will happen. ;) You could try creating a blank text file named "swat4.ini" in the right folder, and see if the game does anything to it when it loads?

Paradigm S, let me know what you find if you get the game this weekend.

Sure. :)

PostPosted: 31 May 2005, 18:44 

PS,

After seeing PaddyTheWak's file readout, I see he has both. So, there will be no renaming. For sure, the .int is legit. Still, if you get the game let me know if you find the same. That creation of the .ini might be a trick to try.

PaddyTW,

Thanks for the info. When I get home tonight I will check and compare. Obviously, the .int file change makes no difference and you have both file types. I must be blind of missing something. Let me check again tonight. I'll check back tomorrow.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2005, 08:58 
Editors
Editors

TheRealOmegaMan ... did you get it sorted out ? ... :)

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2005, 10:05 

The menu text is shimmering or corrupt when playing in 16:9. Is there a solution for this?

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2005, 13:14 

TheRealOmegaMan ... did you get it sorted out ?

Sorry for the delay PTW...YES, I found the .ini. I must of had a little to much vino since that was the file I edited. I still have the same results though. The .ini file is set to 1680×1050 yet I see no difference in the application. I have not set the screen resolution other than the highest setting in the game. This has me wondering two things at this point. One, why am I not seeing the changes in the game I make in the .ini (I even tried the “fish eyeâ€Â