Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 03:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2013, 06:39 

So I realize it's been over a year since this thread was last active, but I'm hoping someone might take notice... I'm currently playing through KoA (going through a backlog of games I never got around to) and since I played last, I bought a new monitor, bumping my resolution from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440. I've run into 2 problems, one being that the FoV is just not optimized for widescreens, and 2) if there's too many quests on the screen, I can't read the quests text. Through some googling I found this tool and thread, and while it does CHANGE the FOV, I can't seem to adjust it, and the quest text doesn't seem to work either.

When I press the key to activate the app, the FOV changes, but it seems to change to the same FOV, regardless of whether the the slider is set at 25 or 200. Additionally, I have tried using the quest fix but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I found early on that if I minimized all but the category of the quest I wanted to read, it would usually be readable. But there also points when I have so many side quests that there is STILL text missing, and at the point in the game I'm at now I've collected so many tasks (really annoying that I can't just dismiss them) that even with only the task category displayed, it's still missing ALL of the text in the right pane. I just downloaded Widescreen Fixer this afternoon, so I know it's the most up-to-date. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me this, because it's detracting from an otherwise great game.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2013, 13:37 
Insiders
Insiders

bikeracer4487 wrote:
So I realize it's been over a year since this thread was last active, but I'm hoping someone might take notice... I'm currently playing through KoA (going through a backlog of games I never got around to) and since I played last, I bought a new monitor, bumping my resolution from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440. I've run into 2 problems, one being that the FoV is just not optimized for widescreens, and 2) if there's too many quests on the screen, I can't read the quests text. Through some googling I found this tool and thread, and while it does CHANGE the FOV, I can't seem to adjust it, and the quest text doesn't seem to work either.

When I press the key to activate the app, the FOV changes, but it seems to change to the same FOV, regardless of whether the the slider is set at 25 or 200. Additionally, I have tried using the quest fix but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I found early on that if I minimized all but the category of the quest I wanted to read, it would usually be readable. But there also points when I have so many side quests that there is STILL text missing, and at the point in the game I'm at now I've collected so many tasks (really annoying that I can't just dismiss them) that even with only the task category displayed, it's still missing ALL of the text in the right pane. I just downloaded Widescreen Fixer this afternoon, so I know it's the most up-to-date. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me this, because it's detracting from an otherwise great game.

Interesting;)) Can you please give me a save-game? I don't have the game installed anymore so no more save-games:)) but if you give me a savegame I can look up and see what is happening:)
Also, are you playing in one screen? (21:9) or 3 screens?

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2014, 07:01 
Insiders
Insiders

I had put off getting this for so long and I was hoping the other non-resolved issues would have been fixed when I did get it. I finally broke down and got it today and realized that they hadn't, is it just impossible to fix the remaining issues with this game?

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2014, 07:16 
Insiders
Insiders

Kayden wrote:
I had put off getting this for so long and I was hoping the other non-resolved issues would have been fixed when I did get it. I finally broke down and got it today and realized that they hadn't, is it just impossible to fix the remaining issues with this game?

Are you just talking about the fov and in-game quest menu?

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2014, 19:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Toothless Spoon wrote:
Kayden wrote:

Are you just talking about the fov and in-game quest menu?

Quest menu, cutscene and etc.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014, 06:22 

Yeah, the same problem, the quest log fix didn't worked for me either.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2016, 10:30 

Is there really no way to play this game at 4K? The widescreen fixer does not fix 4K quest log.

PC gaming backwards compatibility sure has tanked in recent years. Seems every other game I try to play either has issues with 4K, or issues with running on a modern OS.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2016, 20:24 

Tyrindor wrote:
Is there really no way to play this game at 4K? The widescreen fixer does not fix 4K quest log.

PC gaming backwards compatibility sure has tanked in recent years. Seems every other game I try to play either has issues with 4K, or issues with running on a modern OS.

It doesn't fix the quest log in any resolution. Not very well at least. If the list is long or the groups aren't collapsed it doesn't work even if you hit the key to toggle it. It should still work to some degree though. If you haven't already, manually set your resolution instead of using detection. The game engine is extremely finicky and has several weird quirks. Especially if you are hooking any other shaders, using SGSSAA, or HBAO+. That really poor draw distance it has can also be exacerbated with any of those or setting the FOV too high.

That being said the highest I've ever played it at was 8640x1620; it very well might flat out break using something wider. It is such a shame about the port, and the company. KOA is an absolutely fantastic game but we'll never see another in that world, and the remnants of Big Huge Games have been reduced to a mobile game developer milking a Civilization knock off for iOS and Android.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33