Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 00:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: NFS: Most Wanted
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2005, 07:43 

I have an idea.

just stop buying EA games...

thats what I think I am gonna do.
I've had this game since it came out, and I feel like I got totally ripped off. I haven't played a second of it, other then trying to break the crack on it, to make widescreen work...

I dont think I even want to bother playing this game anymore, cause I am so burnt out on trying to mod it.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2005, 09:43 

I'm not even going to play the game until widescreen is supported. Mine as well uninstall it. What a WASTE!

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2005, 10:03 

You know what the b**ch of it is? These games support 1080p on consoles, which by all definitions is widescreen. They're just bums.
Actually, as the hack prooves it, supporting widescreen can be done just by adding the correct resolutions to the list of supported resolutions.
So this is not a technical problem at all : this is just about caring about customers.

The best legal solution : going to EA tech/support forums and keep asking about widescreen res.

AWx

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2005, 15:52 

Well this is just a load of bunk....the other versions of Underground supported widerscreen ( via hack, I know....) So how could EA just dismiss the thought of widescreen for Most Wanted, almost as if it were just a casual request? This game looks like dog doo at lesser resolutions ( there, I've said it ) and I disagree with their statement that not enough games support widescreen, and not enough people use widescreen.... :evil:

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2005, 16:25 
Editors
Editors

I tested out the PSP version of Most Wanted... naturally, it was in widescreen - it wasn't stretched. Looks great in 16:9... pity it doesn't on the PC... :evil:

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2005, 19:09 

Well this is just a load of bunk....the other versions of Underground supported widerscreen ( via hack, I know....) So how could EA just dismiss the thought of widescreen for Most Wanted, almost as if it were just a casual request?

It's not like Underground had any special differences. Most Wanted could be hacked the same as Underground 2 was. That was proven with the MW demo. But since it's much easier to pirate PC games right now then an XBOX360 game, EA wanted their little copy protection scheme on the EXE file. Which, as i've mentioned in previous posts, encrypts the EXE cancelling out the ability for the Underground 2 patch to work.

EA has already admitted they're not interested in helping us as quoted by Mobie. So we have to wait for someone to de-encrypt the EXE file and make a NOCD patch before we can use the widescreen hack again. And that may not happen at all. Most games protected by Starforce and all the new protections don't come out with NOCD's anymore. You simply mount their clone images and use an anti blacklister to get around it. Which is just as easy as the NOCD method so why waste all that time de-encypting it? Well, we have an answer, but will that be enough?

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2005, 22:23 

http://eagames.boards.ea.com/messages?13@@.3bd0c09b!ticket=0&decode=999

theres the EA message board, for Need for Speed Most Wanted.

heres my suggestion.

EA obviously doesn't want to hear from thier customers, as they hide thier email addresses, have very little replies to support questions and do almost nothing when they update games...

we need to make alitle noise.

I say, go to this forum, and just start making posts for widescreen option.

give them facts, like how many people buy dell 2005 FPW's... and the price, and that people use the 2405... and other companies like Spectre, Viewsonic, and Gateway, have all released thier own versions of the 1680 x 1050 screens...
That there are people who wish to play this game on thier HDTV...
point them to this forum, and show them that there are people out there, who do play games on screens other then little square ones...

bug them.
ask them.
when they say no.
ask again.
ask someone else.
when they say no.
ask again.

show that it can easily be done, given how easy it is to do in the demo, just they choose not to do it.
we have to bug the hell out of them, cause obviously they aren't gonna listen, if so few people can email them, or talk to anyone that can actually do anything.
but we need more then a few people to get them to listen.
so I suggest anyone that has the time, sign up for this forum and just bug the hell out of them, till someone does listen.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2005, 02:06 

Good idea Kunaak, but does EA actually read the forum? If they do, I'm sure they are aware of the situation already - they just won't do shit about it. As mobie said:

Hello,

Unfortunately widescreen support is not in a lot of games. It is not likley that a patch will come out to correct this i am afraid. The trouble is that not enough people use widescreen, and they dont use widescreen, because not enough programs utilize it. Its really a double edged sword. I am vero sorry. Thank you for your patience.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2005, 14:01 

Hi, greetings from Germany....

and sorry, but i tried the last days to edit this exe file , but no chance. I saw the resolution text, but what i ve done was to find the link from the text to the real resolution. But after searching really the last 4 days after any changing options by viewing hundred files via the hex editor i thought im a serious person in the MATRIX ! LOL

Im really pissed off EA, these idiots , at nearly every game presentation, they use REALLY BIG WIDESCREEN PLASMAS or anything and the REAL customers pay thousands of euros of computer equipment, and the most for the widescreen Flats lcds. tfts ,, .... etc-..and EA `s Statement ??? For me it means something like """ FUCK OFF """

Yesterday, a friend of mine brought me a new Xbox 360.There i enabled in ca. 3 seconds my lcd Resolution.. (1360 X 768)...Sorry, BUT yesterday i have come to the following conclusion:

Computer, PC, --- :arrow: GAMING-WIDESCREEN: --:arrow:FUCK OFF !!
Xbox360 , Gáming, Widescreen :arrow: :arrow: YEAH !!!!

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2005, 20:49 

Before hanging around with a hex editor, you have to decrypt the exe file. So far, the exe was decrypted by advanced cracking teams to patch the game to allow the distribution of pirated version.
Now, the encrypt/security agains piracy inside the game can be defeated without decrypting the exe file, so no need to provide a NOCD patch anymore.

As hex editing the exe file to support widescreen resolution was depending on this cracked exe version, without decrypted version, you can't do anything.

AWx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next