Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 01:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: NFS: Most Wanted
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2005, 02:14 

Thank you so much for that Racer_S. Now if you could only do the same for prince of presia TT :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2005, 02:14 

Racer_S and Paddy. You guys rock. Thanks so much for the res changer... ArtMoney workaround was a pain in the a$$ to do everytime. Now would you guys think it's possible to make a windowed mode switch included in the res changer? That would be awesome. Thanks again.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2005, 05:16 

Paddy, I know.... what drivers are you using? 81.95? I still get the screen corruption.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2005, 09:17 
Editors
Editors

@ bernardos70 ...
Yeah I'm using the 81.95 drivers.

Ah ... I see what you are talking about now ... you are getting corupt graphics ... I thought that was down to you not doing the ArtMoney thing correctly .... I didn't reallize it was happening all the time.

Now I think I know what the problem might be ...

I wonder ... have you got 2xQ anti-aliasing set in your graphics card settings ?
Some games at widescreen resolutions display repeated garbled graphics or just appear black of grey ... with this option and NFS-MW is one of them.

To fix it ...
Set the AA in the game and set AA to application controlled in your card settings ...
or ... set it to 2 or 4xAA in the card settings and turn it off in the game.

Its worth a try ...

Good luck ... :D

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2005, 09:25 

I went and tried that and it works! Thanks Paddy. I had to turn off AA in the game and enable it in the control panel. :)

http://s87366392.onlinehome.us/iwants.JPG

Bland screenshot, but of the most beautiful car ever designed by men. :)

EDIT: I have 4xAA on the control panel, but apparently Jpeg compression creates jaggies. It's much smoother looking in the game.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2005, 09:56 
Editors
Editors

Great ... I'm glad it's working for you now ... :D

A little more info next time and we might get there earlier .... :wink:

Here's my DB9 ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Click on the thumbnail to see larger shot ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2005, 09:58 
Editors
Editors

It's indeed one of the most beautiful cars i ever have seen, in the game though i don't like the steering. Nothing drives better than my Gallardo.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2005, 10:18 

Nothing drives better than my Gallardo.
I do agree the Gallardo I've just stolen to black list racer #6 is a pretty powerfull piece of hardware. If there's a pink slip you have to get, it this one : engine and transmission installed are ones you can't get before hitting racers #4 and #3.

But I don't like the handling : the engine is too powerfull and you keep on powersliding. I ended up doing 3 times a 360 when trying to get back on track. My 911 was much more stable.

AWx - 5 more to go

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2005, 10:25 
Editors
Editors

I do agree the power on the back wheels is a bit much, it wouldn't even be possible with a real Gallardo since it has all wheel drive. But i kind of like it, specially when you're in a pursuit, that way you can turn corners really fast. What i do is the following, slow down when you near a corner, steer a little to the left and then hit the gas. You can make a beautifull powerslide that way. If you do that at the right moment and if the police is right on your heels, and if you make a sharp corner, the police will shoot through and you can lose them really fast. I finished the game now and specially in later levels when the heat gets really difficult it's a great way to dodge them.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2005, 20:08 

So how does this resolution changer actually work? Does it bypass the ingame resolution or something?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 31  Next