Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 23:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: NFS: Most Wanted
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2006, 18:18 

Ok perfect !

Must I always launch the game with the "nfsmw resolution launcher" ??

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2006, 18:19 
Editors
Editors

Yes if you want 1680x1050 ... :D

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2006, 18:25 

ok many thanks !

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2006, 18:34 
Editors
Editors

A patches is better for me the ResChanger only Works when
i set FSAA slider in NFSMW in the 3rd position when its in the Second
i have with the Reschanger 1680x1050 a black Screen and i hear only the sound speaker mia etc.

Do you have an Nvidia card ?
If so I think you might find that it is something to do with 2xQ AA in the Nvidia settings ...
I also think the Second setting for FSAA in the game is 2xQ AA ...

and both of these will cause problems with widescreen resolutions ... with or without the res changer.

2xQ AA works fine with 4x3 resolutions ... :?

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2006, 23:04 

Res changer works perfectly... I am running v1.2. I might upgrade to 1.3 and use that NOCD. :D

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2006, 23:26 
Editors
Editors

Go for it ... whozyodaddy ... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2006, 02:14 

Mighty fine setup you got there Paddy. Two 512mb 7800 GTX in SLI, can it get any better?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2006, 08:56 
Editors
Editors

Thanks ... :D ... I'm addicted to the eye candy ... :lol:

... Two 512mb 7800 GTX in SLI, can it get any better?

Yeah ... get 4 of them ... Quad SLI ... coming soon ... 8) ...

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/

Scary ... where will it all end ! ... and the cost ? ... :shock:

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2006, 03:00 

Excellent work Paddy! Res changer works flawlessly...........

8)

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2006, 14:36 

Although everyone has a fix by now...:

Ok, so i'm new to this forum, but i've been following it for quite a while cause i have the same problem. I bought me a widescreen Acer 19" a couple of days ago and that's when the shi-at happened.

NFSMW & Battlefield wouldn't start up, so i came here for a solution. Guess what?

I got pissed, sent EA an e-mail. No response. The next day i called EA Customer Service Netherlands and explained the problem. The guy didn't even knew that there was an issue with widescreen monitors, and never heard about it either.

I pointed him at this forum - and others as well - and told him that this IS an issue. He then told me that EA 'presumably' is fixing it in their new patch. "You're not even sure?"

I hung up (not satisfied) and started e-mailing every EA HQ in different countries, and came to these conclusions, stated in the emails below.:

(THIS IS A PRETTY LONG POST)

1st response - by me
--------------------------------------------------

Dear mr. / mrs,

Recently i bought a widescreen TFT monitor to use for my games (Battlefield 2 & Need4Speed Most Wanted) and they didn't want to startup. I searched the net, and it seems that the problem is that those particular games don't support Widescreen resolutions. Changing the resolution for the games does not work either.

I e-mailed EA Netherlands about this problem, seeing that this is a big issue across the globe (see official EA forum links below) and it seems that EA is not responding at all to this problem! I even called the Dutch customer service about this issue, and they we're not even aware of the problem!

A lot of people have widescreen monitors these days, and it's not - in many eyes - appropriate that EA doesn't support it. Many games do these days.

The fact remains that i have spent good money on these games, and i want to play them! My conclusion is that EA should bring out some patches to solve these big problems.

Evidence of many requests.:

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/search.jspa?threadID=&q=widescreen&objID=c19&dateRange=last90days&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/search.jspa?threadID=&q=widescreen&objID=c25&dateRange=last90days&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thread.jspa?messageID=191418𮮺

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thread.jspa?messageID=137546𡥊

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thread.jspa?messageID=170830𩭎

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/5692

Take the community serious about this problem please!

I hope to hear real soon from EA about this problem.

With greetings,

E.A. de Meza - The Netherlands.

-----------------------------------------------------

2nd response - by EA

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi Elmo

We do not support widescreen modes because most users dont actaully have widescreen monitors. Most of the time they work just fine however depending on your hardware there may be different issues that arise.

I'll need some more information from your PC to help solve this problem. Please see the link below for instructions on creating a dxdiag report from your PC:

Title: How can I make sure you have enough information to help me?
URL: https://eauk.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eauk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=15

Once you have created this report, please update your incident with the report by using the link at the top of this e-mail.

Best Regards,

Landon F.
EA Support Centre, UK and Ireland
electronicarts.co.uk
electronicarts.ie

------------------------------------------------------

3rd response - by me

------------------------------------------------------

Hello mr. Landon,

Below you will find my DXDIAG report. And as shown in the official EA forum links below, there are multiple users that do have a widescreen monitor. This is in fact still a problem to the community, and it's a shame that people like me paid hard cash for these games, and are not able to play them anymore because they / i have different monitor.

Other games that i have from other developers - and even older games - do support widescreen, and seeming that EA has a big position in the market, they should support such an option too. One user at the official EA forum said that there is an option for widescreen in EA games, but is disabled for unknown reasons, and can be activated by doing some difficult manouvres.

Do recognize the problem, cause a lot of people are depending for the solution.

Greetings,

E.A. de Meza - The Netherlands

-----------------------------------------------

I'm still waiting for their new response, i reply'ed back this morning. I'll keep you posted..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next