Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 23:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Just Cause
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2006, 01:38 

haha, that triple head pic takes the cake, but is it me or does the FOV go askew at the edges? the left most shoreline looks stretched.

Anyways.. thanks for the awsome little program, finally a solition anyone can use for probably the largest flaw in the game.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2006, 02:13 

This d3d9l.dll hack = godlike!

Thx a lot for that one ;)

Just Cause in WS = TEH 0WN ;)

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2006, 04:28 

Wow, awesome Paddy!! The fix works great!!

Thank you so much !!!

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2006, 08:08 
Editors
Editors

Hi guys ... glad to see it is working for you all ... enjoy ... 8)
I didn't like the game at first but I'm now getting into it and l'm really enjoying it ... base jumping is very cool ...

... but is it me or does the FOV go askew at the edges? the left most shoreline looks stretched.
Regarding the stretching on the side screens ... objects get wider towards the edges of the screen ... even at 4:3.
Unfortunately this means that on really widescreens such as TripleHead those objects on the side screens can look pretty distorted.
There are none that are perfect for SG or even 4:3 it is just more noticable on such a wide screen that the TH2G gives you.
Some games are better than others but it is like this for just about all first or third person shooters.
Here is a thread showing this distortion even at 4:3 ... take a look ... 16th post ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/5886

I am very used to this distortion and when I'm playing games in TripleHead it doesn't bother me at all ...
I am so concentrating on the centre screen the sides just become peripheral vision and add to the immersion.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2006, 00:12 

Pad, I thought people fixed that in most FPS games with a good engine (hl2 and unreal 2k come to mine) using FOV commands?

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2006, 08:39 
Editors
Editors

Using FOV commands will only increase or decrease the FOV it does not change the fact that things get bigger/fatter the nearer they get to the edge of the screen ...
Look at the TripleHead shot ... the FOV is much wider and still the sides stretch.
Look at the 4:3 shots ... less FOV than the widescreen but they still get fatter at the edges of the screen.

Put the 4:3 screen FOV onto a widescreen and you get the old problem ... a zoomed in view that feels wrong and people want a wider FOV fix for the widescreen res. AND it still has the fatter objects at the edges of the screen.

Put a larger FOV such as that of the widescreen one onto a 4:3 screen or the TripleHead FOV onto a widescreen and you get a squashed view which actually exaggerates the problem further.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2006, 09:12 

Wow. That .dll works great for the demo as well.

Racer_S is good for the gaming industry.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2006, 04:36 

That just tipped the scales in the PC versions favor for me..Good Stuff!!!!

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2006, 03:52 

made a small gallery of widescreen pics at http://yoxio.com/gallery/1975/0/

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2006, 06:53 

Hey guys ...
A little prezzy for ya ... from me and my buddy Racer_S ...

No need for ArtMoney any more with this game ... :D

hello !

wow man great !

works very well 8)

thank you :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next