Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 06:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2007, 15:37 

I got a 19" WS. I tried powerstrip and made it 4:3 ratio 1200x900. I set it and it appeared in my resolution options. Once I set it, half the screen was over the edge on the left side of my monitor, leaving this big black gap on the right. I tried repositioning it but it only goes so far, leaving part of the left still cut off. I then tried starcraft, but it runs in fullscreen using the whole screen not 4:3 ratio. I got no idea what to do....what am I doing wrong?

Change it to 1280x960, thats the actual resolution you need to be using for 4:3. Other then that I'm not sure, I don't use powerstrip. Also make sure your using DVI.

Hope that helps.

As for ShinMagus, I believe that the ATI drivers do have an option to scale, I use Nvidia so I'm not sure exactly where in the Catalyst control panel it is. It might not be showing up because your not using DVI, make sure to be using DVI.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2007, 21:29 

Hi. I'm using a DVI cable to connect my vga to my monitor, and I have Catalyst 7.5 installed, along with the Catalyst Control Center. As far as I can tell (I hope I'm wrong), there's no obvious way of having Fixed Aspect Ratio Scaling here (i.e. there's no such option in the Catalyst Control Center), so I'm hoping someone can show an alternative (e.g. Powerstrip, if it can help in this case).

Thanks.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2007, 16:17 

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Fixed_aspect_ati.jpg

Nothing similair to that anywhere? I know that says Notebook Panel, so I guess it would say something along the lines of "LCD Panel"... or maybe thats only laptop/mobile drivers.

You really need someone with ATI to help. :lol: I have Nvidia aspect scaling working on my monitor, but I've never had experience with ATI.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2007, 19:38 

For some obscure reason that's notebook-exclusive... :(